Basketball Bomb Squad

Big Slick

Since everybody apparently hates the football BS, what seniors do you think should do basketball?

Personally, I think the seniors should vote them in, just like student counsel.

It needs to be people that the SS will respect... just like basketball BS always is. People that aren't afraid to push the envelop and go against the admin. In other words, the exact opposite of the football BS.

lol...good one.... a popularity contest isn't good for student council, i will admit that, but if you want to have a dominating Bomb Squad for basketball, a popularity contest is what we need, if we have the same bs as we do for football i will start my own student section (not really)

well i know its crossed a couple of the frontlines mind with this not so new controversy going on with the football BS. They are bad enough to motivate others to take there spot just so we don't have to go through another season of it.

It really won't matter what anybody thinks, cuz I know it won't be a popularity contest. Popularity does give respect in some aspects, I'll give you that, but some of the most popular guys aren't always he most motivated or craziest ones that are willing to do the job. You may all come back and say you hate me or I suck, but in the end it's the moderator's decision who makes it and who doesn't. So If you want the popular ones to make the team they'll have to show up for the tryout/meeting like everyone else does. If they get on, great, if they don't it's probably for good reason.

and a word of warning, please keep this to a overall basketball thread, there are enough threads bashing the football BS, so If your gonna bash us, at least tie it in to baskteball. lol. relevance is always appreciated. :p

Burke Sowar Saelinger-perfect group right there-if juniors could be on it add fred craig and it would be amazing-wes would intimidate freshman too much and muldoon is a little quiet to lead-it should definitly be a group that people (esp seniors) would respect

kurtcobain81 said:
Burke Sowar Saelinger-perfect group right there-if juniors could be on it add fred craig and it would be amazing-wes would intimidate freshman too much and muldoon is a little quiet to lead-it should definitly be a group that people (esp seniors) would respect

burke would be good, but i dont know about sowar and saelinger. dont get me wrong there good guys but i just dont see them as the bombsquad type. even though jsaelinger does get pretty excited on the football field. dalton has got to be on it, as does tlittel.

I think that burke, saelinger, and sowar would be tite. They all are funny.. when together.. and they all can lead.. being that two of them are captains.. i think that its the perfect role for them..

Bomber06 said:
It needs to be people that the SS will respect... just like basketball BS always is. People that aren't afraid to push the envelop and go against the admin. In other words, the exact opposite of the football BS.

Don't forget, you need to have some sort of restraint...I mean come on, you almost got suspended last year.

But respect works.

No restraint.... get over the fear of discipline. Remember, it is not until you completely let go of fear can you truely live. Themes are based on mockery of the opposition. Look at every theme from last year, very subtle jabs at the opposing schools cultures and demographics.

My only suggestion to this is noone from the football BS is on the basketball one. Everything they do on the field that we hate them for would be multiplied by ten on the basketball court.

It is also important that the other SS recognizes the fact that the BS is a collection of respect-worthy individuals. If they smell weakness emanating from the BS, or notice the d-bag qualities of the BS, the basketball season will be a waste as no one will take the SS seriously and opposing teams will just mock the strange kids trying to play cheerleader on the court.

the problem last year and that you are all intent to drag into this year is that at somepoint some people decided that they cared more about being rude and crude in the stands then cheering on their friend playing on the court. ive never planned on being a member of the bb bs, but if any of them go in with this attitude it will be a disaster.

So XtremeXFan= St X Admin? The great part of our SS is the ability to outcheer the other SS. One of the ways is to be louder and root for our team better than the others, but another aspect of it all is clearly having more wit then the other SS. A perfect example is the 4th quarter of the McNick game last year. With the BOOM Dynomite (which should neverbe said again by us (NORDYKE)). That was the only cheer they liked and when we got the idea to use it against them, it completely shut them up. AKA get a better BS than Football Season.

XtremeXFan said:
the problem last year and that you are all intent to drag into this year is that at somepoint some people decided that they cared more about being rude and crude in the stands then cheering on their friend playing on the court. ive never planned on being a member of the bb bs, but if any of them go in with this attitude it will be a disaster.
"Rude and crude"? Is cheering "socks" at a guy with weird socks on crude? I'd like to see some examples of distasteful cheering. Obviously you were at very few games last season.

Ignorant? We aren't the mean sort of ignorant. We are just the right amount of ignorant to get us more fired up than the other team. I mean sure they MIGHT have someone better than us at their school (highly doubtful) but still.... ignorant? not completely. (see if you can catch the sarcasm). Just because your dream BS miserabely failed in making ANYONE like them besides yourselves, doesn't mean you can take it out on others.

just because you feel one way doesnt mean that EVERYONE does... a few people who cant get on with their lives and you team up and suddenly the entire population of cincinnati hates us... youre stupid. sorry if you have a hard time accepting that.

XtremeXFan said:
just because you feel one way doesnt mean that EVERYONE does... a few people who cant get on with their lives and you team up and suddenly the entire population of cincinnati hates us... youre stupid. sorry if you have a hard time accepting that.
Please provide examples of inapropriate cheering or cease with your whining. You said people got out of hand, yet have provided no evidence.

Who likes you? Admin. is not an answer because they just want a bad BS because a Good BS would be pushing the limit a little with the rules and whatnot.
Every year I get a couple relatives asking me questions about the guys on the field and I respond with a smile explaining our BS. This year, I have been asked by more people than ever about our BS. You would think they could see the purpose of them being there if they actually get the SS pumped up but really you are all there just to be looked at.
First game was funny, Big Kid, Crazy Kid, Back Hair Kid, and Yamahkuh (sp.?) Kid. But it got old really fast and everyone knew it would. Yet you still try and do the same thing over and over each week and it only gets worse.

wow...not gonna lie hear...from the vibes i've been picking up in the student section, there are more intimidating and fired up freshman than our BS. isnt the BS supposed to be the coolest people from our school that will get the SS fired up and give our school a good image, not a group of nomads who don't even pay attention to the game