Baseball 2024

Look at the bright side, now you can do your favorite thing in the world, whine and moan for the next two months.
Again, I can understand being 0-2. I can’t understand getting absolutely annihilated in both games. That shouldn’t happen at Elder.

edit: as always I have to make it clear, not advocating for anyone to lose their job. And I’m not trying to put down the players, but this is Elder and these first 2 games just are not to the standard set by the program.

Wow. I don't ever remember an Elder team losing by 17 runs??? Is that the worst defeat since Thompson has been there?

Moe is loaded this year and will be tough to beat. It's early in the season and you can only improve from here on out.

Wow. I don't ever remember an Elder team losing by 17 runs??? Is that the worst defeat since Thompson has been there?

Moe is loaded this year and will be tough to beat. It's early in the season and you can only improve from here on out.
Moe had to come from behind to beat Ryle. Not a knock on them, but they’re not a dominant force. When you add today to the 9-1 loss on Saturday, it’s clear this Elder team isn’t up to par.

Yeah, you’re full of crap. They win 5 games this season, tops. They beat Talawanda, Western Brown, and Colerain. Maybe pull out a lucky win here or there, but this is not going to be a good season.

Edit: outscored 26-3 in 10 innings this season. They won’t be fine.
You mean they only played 3 innings?

Yes. Again, don’t care how good Moeller is, that is unacceptable from Elder.
Looks like they actually played 5 innings. Gave up 15 hits and 13 walks. 65% of Moe batters reached base. Assuming we started our ace. Only Moe stats available.

Looks like they actually played 5 innings. Gave up 15 hits and 13 walks. 65% of Moe batters reached base. Assuming we started our ace. Only Moe stats available.
3 errors vs Centerville (errors were an issue last yr) and 13 BBS vs Moeller? That has nothing to do with a difference in ability, that’s poor execution of fundamentals. It’s just like the FT shooting in Bball. A lot of you love to gush over Elder teams lacking talent but overachieving by being sound fundamentally, well where are the fundamentals? Maybe I lm right yet again, and talent matters more than the fairy tale David & Goliath stories you tell yourselves.

Looking at the roster, most of these kids weren’t playing a winter sport. I don’t understand such poor execution, even early in the yr, when you had over 2 months of workouts with the basically the full team.

Last edited:
Not much you can say- that is a bad start to the season. Team has struggled on the mound and defensively for sure. I still trust the track record of this coaching staff. They have been here before. They will certainly win more than 5 games. Moeller is on a different level. Rolling out high level D1 kids at pretty much every position

Not much you can say- that is a bad start to the season. Team has struggled on the mound and defensively for sure. I still trust the track record of this coaching staff. They have been here before. They will certainly win more than 5 games. Moeller is on a different level. Rolling out high level D1 kids at pretty much every position
Moeller had to rally to beat Ryle. They’re not an unstoppable force. Again, to be this bad with months to prep for the season is just inexcusable.

I understand down seasons happen. And certainly losing to CV and Moe isn’t embarrassing in if itself. The issue is HOW they’re losing. They flat out are not prepared and that falls on the coaches & players. As I mentioned before, only 2 players on this team participated in winter sports. WTH was the rest of the team doing during the winter?

It’s nauseating how many Elder fans on here are willing to bend over and take it like Glen Galemmo in a prison shower. The expectations should be a little higher than that.

I know the players and coaches aren’t happy, but results matter. There’s no reason for Elder to have such a weak start to the season.

Last edited:
6 errors. Had a 10-2 lead. Gave up 5 in the bottom of the 7th.
I have no desire to rip on HS athletes, especially as someone who wasn’t even good enough to play sports in HS. I’m just disappointed this is where Elder Baseball is at.

I have no desire to rip on HS athletes, especially as someone who wasn’t even good enough to play sports in HS. I’m just disappointed this is where Elder Baseball is at.
I will be your friend O. Seriously, you could use one. No more insults, no more snide remarks. I will just try my best to not offend you. GBM :)

I’m just disappointed this is where Elder Baseball is at.
Right or wrong, Elder does not reload. Never have and never will. For 100+ years they have essentially been "a neighborhood school" that plays the hand they are dealt with the incoming talent. It has served them VERY well. This is likely why the grads are so fiercely loyal more so than most. However, it also means you are going to have ups and downs (in all sports). It happens.

Right or wrong, Elder does not reload. Never have and never will. For 100+ years they have essentially been "a neighborhood school" that plays the hand they are dealt with the incoming talent. It has served them VERY well. This is likely why the grads are so fiercely loyal more so than most. However, it also means you are going to have ups and downs (in all sports). It happens.
There’s a difference bw a down season and this. I’m sick of the “neighborhood” school crap. Next yr’s starting QB will be from South Lebanon. Anyone who takes issue with that is a moron, that’s out of touch with reality. There’s more kids coming from grade schools outside the Trad Feeders, than ever before. Bottom line, there’s no excuse for Elder to ever be this bad. None.

That was a rather benign response. See, you are beginning to come around. We can do this. I don't think you are as bad as people make you out to be. :) GBM (y)
I get why I’m not well liked and I can’t say it hasn’t been earned by my past behavior. I’ve tried to be less abrasive and critical, but I still hold very strong opinions.

There’s a difference bw a down season and this. I’m sick of the “neighborhood” school crap. Next yr’s starting QB will be from South Lebanon. Anyone who takes issue with that is a moron, that’s out of touch with reality. There’s more kids coming from grade schools outside the Trad Feeders, than ever before. Bottom line, there’s no excuse for Elder to ever be this bad. None.
1. It’s early
2. It’s baseball
3. No one has an issue with non-traditional kids at Elder. In fact, we all want more. However, Elder’s core will always be the feeder school talent which ebbs and flows.

1. It’s early
2. It’s baseball
3. No one has an issue with non-traditional kids at Elder. In fact, we all want more. However, Elder’s core will always be the feeder school talent which ebbs and flows.
IDC if it’s early, the majority of this team was not involved in a winter sport. This level of play with 2 months to prep is not acceptable. Flat out.

IDC if it’s early, the majority of this team was not involved in a winter sport. This level of play with 2 months to prep is not acceptable. Flat out.
Id agree with that. Walks and errors are inevitable, but this does seem excessive. Hopefully they get a win under their belt and start playing the way they are capable.

I get why I’m not well liked and I can’t say it hasn’t been earned by my past behavior. I’ve tried to be less abrasive and critical, but I still hold very strong opinions.
No problem with me. Just let bygones be bygones. It's Good Friday Omar. 🙏 Time to put down the proverbial guns. GBM :)

Omar is right. Name a high school with better training facilities. Batting and pitching cages at the PAC. Batting and pitching cages underneath the football stands. The new workout facility. This team should be ready to play from day 1.
The PAC not ready for home games for the start of the season. Are those benefactors who dumped a boatload of money into the PAC going to stay happy?
What is going on?
Now we have to hope the team gets more competitive as the season goes on. Is someone dropping the ball?
Have we been successful in recent years solely because of talent and not necessarily management?

The PAC not ready for home games for the start of the season. Are those benefactors who dumped a boatload of money into the PAC going to stay happy?
Did the JV team host Centerville at the PAC last weekend? Both EHSports.com and Centerville's website says the game was played there.

Omar is right. Name a high school with better training facilities. Batting and pitching cages at the PAC. Batting and pitching cages underneath the football stands. The new workout facility. This team should be ready to play from day 1.
What is going on?
Now we have to hope the team gets more competitive as the season goes on. Is someone dropping the ball?
Have we been successful in recent years solely because of talent and not necessarily management?
There’s always going to be a little rust early in the season, but this is beyond a little rust. I keep harping on it, but it’s important, only 2 players on the roster, played a winter sport. What was going on in the Winter?

1. It’s early
2. It’s baseball

It's early and it's baseball, but this isn't last year's team. A .500 season might be a good year for them. I think there's hope they could get hot around tournament time and win some tournament games.

I think he was just presenting the situation at hand. When you rely on a feeder system, you will have down years. The reason is sometimes you have a state title contending group of kids(rare) and sometimes you have a really bad year(rare) and usually they have very good teams(normal).