Barberton Football 2020

They are not, they are like 90% of all other public schools that offer an education and extra curricular activities. Open enrollment is used there for what it was designed for. Sorry you can't man up and agree with ANYTHING anyone not from Massillon has to say. Someone at some point has to be right wouldn't you think?
You are correct, open enrollment sign up is held for a short period of time, and only a certain amount are allowed in. Nothing is held for athletes only. Barberton has many open enrolled students that don't participate in sports.

They are not, they are like 90% of all other public schools that offer an education and extra curricular activities. Open enrollment is used there for what it was designed for. Sorry you can't man up and agree with ANYTHING anyone not from Massillon has to say. Someone at some point has to be right wouldn't you think?
Then why do star football players leave there early Mr know it all ?

You are correct, open enrollment sign up is held for a short period of time, and only a certain amount are allowed in. Nothing is held for athletes only. Barberton has many open enrolled students that don't participate in sports.
So does Massillon, the ignorance that people talk that Massillon is only open enrollment for football is wrong. There are a lot more kids that open enroll every year that aren’t football players or athletes at all. My point was why are all of these star football players leaving Barberton to begin with ?

So does Massillon, the ignorance that people talk that Massillon is only open enrollment for football is wrong. There are a lot more kids that open enroll every year that aren’t football players or athletes at all. My point was why are all of these star football players leaving Barberton to begin with ?
No argument here about what open enrollment should be used for.
As I said before, you would need to ask the parents. You should also ask why a star player would leave StV. to go to Barberton, then leave Barberton, to go to Buchtel, and then leave Buchtel and go to Massillon. He didn't play much at StV. Starred at Barberton, and then didn't play much at Buchtel, seems odd don't ya think.
The other player that recently transferred to Hoban, also had a half brother that played for Barberton years ago, he eventually transferred to Buchtel. He went on to play for the Buckeyes as a running back. By the way the player that transferred to Hoban, quit the team in his freshman year, and then quit again after the Massillon game last year.

This is a football thread. Why would anyone have Jackson in their heads? LOL!
I can't answer that for you guys, but funny that a Barberton fan in line for their game against Massillon hears Massillon fans talking about Jackson :ROFLMAO: ?

Read the post. You are the poster child for Massillon...They were at your stadium, pretty sure they could tell with all the fat guys in tiger gear, where they were.

Did I strike a nerve? The truth of the matter is no one in the entire state would know which Jackson High School they are referring to, hence, Massillon Jackson.

Read the post. You are the poster child for Massillon...They were at your stadium, pretty sure they could tell with all the fat guys in tiger gear, where they were.
Except we played at Barberton last year. But please continue to make yourself look to be a df.

State proficiency scores say not so much.

There you go again bringing up proficiency scores. That is one determining factor method and there are others. By the way, in the last report card report, some school districts were trending upward and others downward.

Last edited:
Another problem on this site is why when fans of 2 teams that play each other are having discussions and debates do we always have to deal with the outside nonsense from the federal league trolls. What in the hell does a Massillon-Barberton debate have anything to do with that league ? Not a gd thing.

Did I strike a nerve? The truth of the matter is no one in the entire state would know which Jackson High School they are referring to, hence, Massillon Jackson.
Not at all, we just say the one north of Massillon with the real state titles. People know that.

There you go again bringing up proficiency scores. That is one determining factor method and there are others. By the way, in the last report card report, some school districts were trending upward and others downward.
Link?

When you say all these who are you referring to? Simple question, please, please lord give him the ability just this once to answer.

Another problem on this site is why when fans of 2 teams that play each other are having discussions and debates do we always have to deal with the outside nonsense from the federal league trolls. What in the hell does a Massillon-Barberton debate have anything to do with that league ? Not a gd thing.
So now you're allowed on another teams site as long as you played them the previous year, gotcha. Where are these rules, I missed them. Just to et you know my business is 1/2 mile from Barberton, 2 of my best friends graduated from Barberton in 1985, their ex longtime basketball coach I've known for many years and he resides in Green. Hope this justifies my interest in Barberton football and it passes the rules.

Glad to see the Magic’s relative again. Back during the good old days, they had very good teams. The Kenny Senate led teams were nothing short of great. How sad that his star went dark, at such a young age. Simply “Tragic”. Best of luck to the Magic’s, looking forward to reading about them, this season.

This discussion is ridiculous. Aurora is closed enrollment and finds a way to get it done with playoff appearances in 15 out of the last 16 years. Open enrollment brings additional talent for sure, but often times it costs a program the continuity that is essential to building a TEAM. It also can bring "me first" players onto a team and destroy the chemistry. Something to be said for playing for your Hometown in High School and playing with the same guys since 1st grade. Just my opinion.

Have to agree, when open enrollment first came about a coach by the name of Mo Tipton went to Akron Coventry. Used it for exactly what it wasn't intended for and had them a winner in the two years he was there before the community ran him out. Yes Akron Coventry a winner, he brought James Harrison in, the future NFL MVP. I agree with the hometown kids playing for their HS team. However, some schools only relevance is there HS football team so they embrace these kids from surrounding communities to come to their school so they can win HS football games. On the other side of that coin is how do you compete with the Catholics that use their recruiting rules to the break? Hoban was a mediocre football team until they got a new coach that went out there and got star athletes to go there and we all know you don't have to be Catholic as long as you're a great player.

I can only speak for Aurora. Greenmen beat Lake Catholic in a Regional Championship game and beat Walsh in 2 Regional Championship games. It can be done. But Hoban is even an exception among Catholic schools. They obviously recruit hard. If they wanted to challenge themselves they would petition to play in the D1 playoffs. Playoff football should be exciting. Hoban rolls through most years. That can't be fun for the players or their fans. Who wants to get to the final four winning 42 to 7?

There are certainly different ways to build a successful public program. Aurora has done it the old fashioned way. Build and promote a solid youth program that works hand in hand with the high school program. The kids grow up in the program in which they'll participate in high school. Everything along the way is well done. Another way is to go open enrollment and create somethings kids will want to come in from the outside to participate in.

bass10 is correct as to how Hoban improved with a new coach who was able to bring in the top players. I find it amusing because many of their fans before the change loved to say how they were proud that Hoban "didn't do it like St. V." They then went about out-St. V'ing St. V.

There are certainly different ways to build a successful public program. Aurora has done it the old fashioned way. Build and promote a solid youth program that works hand in hand with the high school program. The kids grow up in the program in which they'll participate in high school. Everything along the way is well done. Another way is to go open enrollment and create somethings kids will want to come in from the outside to participate in.

bass10 is correct as to how Hoban improved with a new coach who was able to bring in the top players. I find it amusing because many of their fans before the change loved to say how they were proud that Hoban "didn't do it like St. V." They then went about out-St. V'ing St. V.
So true

Let me clarify why I mentioned Massillon fans knocking Jackson while waiting in line. They were trash talking everything. Barbertons stadium is too tiny, McKinley can't afford to build their own stadium, Their fan base was the best in the country, they shouldn't be playing teams like barberton. By the time they began knocking Jackson I couldnt take it anymore and made them realize they were nowhere near Jackson level of accomplishment. It doesn't matter who believes me but not believing doesn't change the fact of how unrealistic they think about their football team who wouldn't be able to even compete with Barberton if not for offering star players cars as evidenced by the Jayvee and freshman games.