Baker Mayfield

Since this just got bumped up, on a non-football related update on Baker, I just saw that he announced that he and his wife are expecting their first child. :)

Baker is not a great QB but he is as good as any QB in Cleveland. Would have been better for the browns to keep him than give away all those draft picks for a pervert.
If Baker was smart … he would re-sign with TB for a reasonable contract … like you said, he is a good QB, not great … these good QBs need to start understanding that a sign for a reasonable amount that will allow their team to keep/get other good players around them … it really is stupid of them to ask/get the moon type contract then the team has to reduce the rest of the roster … like the NYG did after signing Jones.

Baker is not a great QB but he is as good as any QB in Cleveland. Would have been better for the browns to keep him than give away all those draft picks for a pervert.
I believe there were a couple concerns that prevented that logical course, though. One, Baker was largely hated by his teammates. Two, he fought Stefanski on how to run the offense. Lose, lose. Hopefully he learned his lessons and can find a home in Tampa.

I believe there were a couple concerns that prevented that logical course, though. One, Baker was largely hated by his teammates. Two, he fought Stefanski on how to run the offense. Lose, lose. Hopefully he learned his lessons and can find a home in Tampa.
Yup. Baker and Stefanski are oil and water. I like both men, but there was no continuing. One man had to be in charge and no one in the locker room wanted it to be Baker. I do hope Baker does well and can nab another win.

Isn’t it weird?
Cleveland mortgaged the franchise for a few years and are out of the playoffs.
The two teams they helped.
Houston by allowing them to draft well
and
Tampa Bay by Baker eventually getting there
Had convincing playoff victories.
Crazy days in the nfl.

Isn’t it weird?
Cleveland mortgaged the franchise for a few years and are out of the playoffs.
The two teams they helped.
Houston by allowing them to draft well
and
Tampa Bay by Baker eventually getting there
Had convincing playoff victories.
Crazy days in the nfl.

Per Panthers former teammate Sam Darnold, Mayfield was a class act & great teammate. I have not found anyone from Carolina who had a bad thing to say about Mayfield, including the inter head coach.

Those Clown fans are bitter. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You know what happened when the Clowns moved to Baltimore. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now Mayfield. They'll go nuts if he wins the Super Bowl! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Go Rams! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣:stirthepot::banana:

Those Clown fans are bitter. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You know what happened when the Clowns moved to Baltimore. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now Mayfield. They'll go nuts if he wins the Super Bowl! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Go Rams! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣:stirthepot::banana:
In the unlikely event he wins, great. It's the Haslams I'm not much a fan of, along with their particular choice of replacement. I think there were more Browns fans happy to see Mayfield win last night than you think.

In the unlikely event he wins, great. It's the Haslams I'm not much a fan of, along with their particular choice of replacement. I think there were more Browns fans happy to see Mayfield win last night than you think.
Yeah, I don’t know many Browns fans who wish Baker any ill. Most appreciate his good days here. I would have never drafted him, but I had no problem acknowledging when he preformed well. I also think Baker learned a lot from his time in CLE and took some humility to Carolina and became a better teammate and was more coachable than he was with the Browns. It seems he’s continued that with Tampa Bay, so good for him.

Yeah, I don’t know many Browns fans who wish Baker any ill. Most appreciate his good days here. I would have never drafted him, but I had no problem acknowledging when he preformed well. I also think Baker learned a lot from his time in CLE and took some humility to Carolina and became a better teammate and was more coachable than he was with the Browns. It seems he’s continued that with Tampa Bay, so good for him.

I agree. I'm glad he's doing well. He certainly seems like he's grown up a lot since his Cleveland days, so that has to help.

He played great last night - and the Eagles looked like they quit altogether.

Baker had a tough task coming here. Overdrafted by a mile. And by a franchise that had nothing for a quarter of a century but Tim Couch, a return man, a kicker, and a left tackle. And not all at the same time.

Mayfield's got his faults but he got us out of the cellar. All the best to Tampa Bay.

Divisional round is basically Baker’s ceiling. Atlanta is a good coach and qb away from taking over that division (nfc south)

Agreed to stay in Tampa on a 3 year $100M contract with $50M guaranteed
I agree, good for Baker. Love his commercials, they were great. Glad my Steelers are not the one’s on the hook for Baker at 3 years, $100 mil.
* 2023 Baker was a great deal at $4 mil (only $1.7 mil cap hit).
* 2024-2026 Baker at $33 mil per season….dont know about that.

Winning one playoff game in a season is Baker’s ceiling. If that’s worth $33 mill a year to Bucs then so be it. In 3 years he most likely will be finishing his career as a backup before starting his broadcasting career, which he will
probably be very good at

Not a Baker fan, although it was pretty cool of him to plant the flag at the horseshoe when he was at Oklahoma, but happy for him because he's really turned things around. He had some humble pie in Cleveland, and he was playing for his career last year in Tampa, and he responded. Too many times these teams are searching for the next Mahomes when you don't need that necessarily to win. Jared Goff proved that.

I agree, good for Baker. Love his commercials, they were great. Glad my Steelers are not the one’s on the hook for Baker at 3 years, $100 mil.
* 2023 Baker was a great deal at $4 mil (only $1.7 mil cap hit).
* 2024-2026 Baker at $33 mil per season….dont know about that.
Dislike / disrespect Baker if you want. Two comments:

1) his salary places him tied for 13th in QB salary; middle of the pack. That seems about right. He's in the middle third of NFL QBs.
2) he is way, way better than any QB on the Stillers.