Baby Shark becomes most viewed YouTube video ever, beating Despacito

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
I'm probably in the minority here but I think that "Baby Shark" in an infinitely better song that "Despacito". Not sure I've ever heard the entire "Despacito" song as I've turned it as fast as I could each time it came on...

Baby Shark, the cute and ultra-catchy children’s song recorded by South Korean company Pinkfong, has become the most viewed video ever on YouTube.

At 7.04bn views, it edges past Despacito, the 2017 single by Puerto Rican pop stars Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee.

Baby Shark has claimed the crown more than four years since it was first uploaded. The original writer of the song is unclear – it has long been a nursery rhyme – but it became a global phenomenon after being recorded by 10-year-old Korean-American singer Hope Segoine. Produced by educational company Pinkfong and accompanied by piscine dance moves, it first went viral in south-east Asia, then later in the US and Europe. It reached No 6 in the UK singles chart, and No 32 in the US.

I've always said, if you want to make some money, make the most colorful moronic BS that will make young children STF and sit still. Pure gold.

Which begs the question, WTH is Despacito?

I like the folks on Yappi too much to post the "superstar" Justin Bieber version. Definitely, don't care to watch/hear him. ?

Last edited:
Which begs the question, WTH is Despacito?

is that the Bad Bunny guy. Some kid was telling me I had to listen to Bad Bunny. What the hll is happening to music. We're being taken over by Spanish-Korean version of the Brady Bunch. Enough to drive me to the rap station.

I like the folks on Yappi too much to post the "superstar" Justin Bieber version. Definitely, don't care to watch/hear him. ?
I can tolerate that. lol