ayone know of a underprivilegaed kid going to state

I bet he means someone that doesn't have the dollars to pay for tickets, gas, hotel and food. Its not cheap.

For the wrestler, yes. For the wrestler's family, not so much. The family ends up facing significant expences to "be there" for their kid. To enjoy his moment in the limelight. So now, the kid has gotten there without the resources for camps, tournaments, off season training, etc that the other kids enjoy, and the cost of the tournament is too much for the family? We know this happens. Probably more than we think. I personally, know of no on in this situation this year.

I can see where this is going and good job for your 3/4 nelson! It is not cheap to go to state with your schools help or if you are just a fan going for the weekend. Again nice job 3/4 nelson.

I can promise all of you that 3/4 Nelson has nothing but good intentions in mind. Knowing him personally, he is a great guy who strives to help out a kid year in and year out. PM him if you have anyone in mind. My hats off to you 3/4.

Knowing 3/4 the way I do, he is looking to help someone out in some way. The man has a heart of gold. He helps someone every year have a more memorable state experience. It is not normal for him to ask for suggestions but I know he has not been able to get to as many wrestling events this season to find someone to bless on his own. PM him if anyone knows of someone in need.

needy young man

Knowing 3/4 the way I do, he is looking to help someone out in some way. The man has a heart of gold. He helps someone every year have a more memorable state experience. It is not normal for him to ask for suggestions but I know he has not been able to get to as many wrestling events this season to find someone to bless on his own. PM him if anyone knows of someone in need.

I do not know the person that started this post. The last 2 yappers spoke well of him. It is always somewhat spooky to suggest something having to do with someone's child. Having said that, there is a separate post that has a newspaper article link in which a young man has at times been homeless. According to the article he depends on his best friend's family for many basic needs including food and housing. He did not make it to state but my guess this offer would be more appreciated than any of us could imagine. If you can not find the post I will forward you the information. If the original yapper is for real--God bless you. What a wonderful person you are.

just curious by way of pm if there was an underprivilaged wrestler that made it to state.
pm me for details

Blessings to you for trying to help a wrestler and his family enjoy this great experience. You didn't have to try and help, but you did!

As a fan, coach, and parent of kids in this great sport, thanks!

Best Post i have ever seen on yappi.............very impressive.

I am sure your wrestling community appreciates you......3/4.

I am glad there are folks like you to remind us of what this sport is about.......community and commitment to others.

Thanks for your efforts......:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks to all. i have responded to all pm's and will close to those who responded as of now. a little more than i thought would respond.
but i cant just pick one so i offered to help each one out if they give me the info i need to make it happen.

1 down waiting on 4 others to reply.

i appreciate the nice comments on my behalf
we are getting a nice bonus at work at FORD so i thought i could share again with some others less fortunate than myself.
Keeping the karma good letting kids/parents know there is some good out there. and for a trip to state you at least get a shirt or a full stomach to enjoy the weekend. good luck to all and again my thanks for the kind words.

thanks to all. i have responded to all pm's and will close to those who responded as of now. a little more than i thought would respond.
but i cant just pick one so i offered to help each one out if they give me the info i need to make it happen.

1 down waiting on 4 others to reply.

i appreciate the nice comments on my behalf
we are getting a nice bonus at work at FORD so i thought i could share again with some others less fortunate than myself.
Keeping the karma good letting kids/parents know there is some good out there. and for a trip to state you at least get a shirt or a full stomach to enjoy the weekend. good luck to all and again my thanks for the kind words.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Shame on you. This is not the place for that. What a rum dumb.

You are so very right, this is wrestling. The wrestlers work very hard every day to get where they are now. If Obama was a wrestling coach, how many wrestlers would he have at the state tounament?.......with no help from anyone?

Guys can we keep that crap out of this? Not the place at all.

3/4. This is a really stand up thing to do. When I'm able to do something similar hopefully I'll be smart enough to do it.

Very nice 3/4, I know it puts a hurtin on my bank account every year!!! Don't mind the haters on this forum, what you are doing is a great thing.

By far the best thread I've read on here... remember when you wrestled you were part of "the wrestling family"?? Very enlightening after reading all the shoulda/coulda/woulda; shouldna/couldna/wouldna threads! Very Nice... I read forums to keep up, but it's nice to have one make ya smile! :)

Be sure to save some for Obama He will want to share your bonus with the non workers of the world.

There will be families who want to watch their son wrestle at state, but they simploy cannot afford it and will stay at home instead. It is the truth. 3/4 is helping them out. Not sure what Obama has to do with this thread? It is easy to pass judgement. Everyone's situation is different and you cannot judge or preach without being in it. You might even say something like "well 5 years ago, I was out of work, blah blah blah and I did this and I did that". That's true and great for you, but like I said every single situation is different and the fact remains families will stay home who would otherwise go if they could afford it and 3/4 is going to help someone out.