Ayesha Curry's Tweet

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
I know that it's buried in another thread. Thought this deserved it's own...

ClJ_rZ_WEAAfqHg.jpg

Does anyone else think the NBA has an integrity issue, especially with one of the most visible family members of an NBA star questioning the league?

The guy has to be thinking, "Just over a year ago, I've got my daughter out there in press conferences and the world is loving us. Then a month ago one of my college buddies is dirty dancing with my mom on camera. Now my wife is acting like a complete fool. WTF!"

Rigged? Absolutely not.

But I do think the NBA has some integrity issues. Rules applied depending on your status in the league (star players have rules interpreted differently). In addition, many NBA games are contested at less than 100% effort which creates a big integrity problem with the consumer.

Nothing about this series has been rigged. The only thing worth questioning is the Green suspension which was warranted due to his prior behavior in the playoffs and the rules he broke. Nothing else can be questioned, unless you think the Cavs laid down in the first 2 games of the series and the Warriors laid down during Game 3 and 6. Did the NBA want 7 games? Of course they did, but other than the Green suspension, no one can say they dictated the outcomes to force it to go 7.

As she realized after the fact, she got carried away in the heat of the moment. I have no problem with people giving her crap for it though. If you're going to put yourself out there, you better be ready to handle the criticism.

Officiating is the first thing people criticize when they're overwhelmed and outperformed. It's the easiest to do so because it's the only part of the game that has influence and you can't do anything about it as a coach or player. If the other team has a player who's blitzing your team on the boards, you send out someone from the bench to try and counter the production or switch with different players and schemes to try and fix the situation. If you don't agree with a referee's interpretation of the moment, the only thing you can do is argue and verbally disagree. It's just sad in the biggest games of the season, you have someone with star power (don't agree with why she has it, but it's undeniable that she does) who's directly linked with the team that's been flamed for 3 of the past 4 games , questioning the integrity of the league that very well supported and endorsed the rise of the "unassuming" superstar in her husband. But when asked to substantiate their claims with proof, the conspiracy believers stick to generalities or opinions that can be argued on both sides (which is why it always remains theory). It's not healthy as a fan of sport to believe in "rigging", otherwise there is absolutely no point to be a fan in any sport. No league would be safe from conjecture, and every title that's ever been won or ever will be won (for any sport) is in dispute... Either do yourself a favor and stop watching all together, or just come to the realization that sometimes, s***** calls are made, and rarely those calls are made in the biggest moments of the game. It's unfortunate, and untimely to say the least, but that's the substance of every officiated game and what makes their job so difficult to do.

Rigged? Absolutely not.

But I do think the NBA has some integrity issues. Rules applied depending on your status in the league (star players have rules interpreted differently). In addition, many NBA games are contested at less than 100% effort which creates a big integrity problem with the consumer.

Oh hey, didn't expect CA to repeat himself for the 10 millionth time.

Her dad wasn't properly displaying his credentials trying to get in the back way for Game 6. He just happens to look like an infamous con man that is known to try and sneak his way into big NBA events. The guy's picture is circulated among security personnel. Not surprisingly, Ayesha Curry's father was stopped at the back entrance and asked to produce his credentials. Ayesha later railed away about horrible racial profiling because her dumb dad wasn't immediately ushered in to join the other 8,000 black guys in the arena. She's obviously an idiot. :laugh:

In all seriousness, there was a massive shift in the way fouls were being called/not called after game 4. And it was for the better. The officiating in Game 7 was very good IMO.