Are you sick of ESPN's coverage?

While I dislike ESPN on television, I enjoy ESPN Radio. Scott Van Pelt is good, although he gets way too caught up in the over-application of statistics. My favorite is Colin Cowherd. The only TV show I watch regularly is PTI, and Wilbon is definitely the smarter one. Bob Ryan is a great sub on the show, and he has some of the best insight on the NBA. I always like Dan LeBatard on PTI as well.

As far as the worst go, Stuart Scott is #1. He's not funny, not cool, not smart, and he just slobbers all over celebrity athletes. I can't listen to him for more than two minutes straight.

ESPN is also notorious for just plugging in any old ex-athlete and thinking that person will be good. As a result, they end up with loads of guys who are just plain boring (like Jamal Mashburn--if he's still on ESPN).

The worst is the NFL pre-game coverage. Not just ESPN, but also CBS and Fox. They all have ex-players and coaches who, in the end, almost always predict wins for their ex-teams...no matter how unlikely it is for that team to win. ESPN, with the 100 or so ex-football players and coaches on the Sunday morning NFL coverage, just magnifies it to the highest degree. Those shows are all worthless.

ESPN on every show; their experts just "blow with the wind" and change their rhetoric before and after each game. It's ridiculous, and predictable. TNT is no better. I can't listen to Van Gundy anymore either. All I can take are the games.

And Stephen A. Smith? Don't get me started.

The worst is the NFL pre-game coverage. Not just ESPN, but also CBS and Fox. They all have ex-players and coaches who, in the end, almost always predict wins for their ex-teams...no matter how unlikely it is for that team to win. ESPN, with the 100 or so ex-football players and coaches on the Sunday morning NFL coverage, just magnifies it to the highest degree. Those shows are all worthless.

I actually think ESPN has the best NFL pre-game coverage. Fox and CBS are unwatchable, and NBC's Football Night in America isn't great either. NFL Network is ok outside of Warren Sapp, but I still like ESPN's more.

Warren Sapp is beyond horrendous. When Roethlisberger was suspended for the first few games a couple years ago, the Steelers played the Bucs in week 1. Sapp talked about how the Bucs couldn't just expect to be handed a win because the Steelers' starting QB was out, and said that "Tampa still gotta be on they keys, on they tip" if they wanted to win :laugh: