Any Reports on Summer games at u of dayton

Heard Moeller lost to Gahanna. I know summer basketball is kinda like MLB spring training and not indicative of how season goes. I think Moeller will still be a state contender but could see them lose a few games next year when they are not on and another team is.

Last edited:
Heard Moeller lost to Gahanna. I know summer basketball is kinda like MLB spring training and not indicative of how season goes. I think Moeller will still be a state contender but could see them lose a few games next year when they are not on and another team is.

Heard the same thing. Kid from GL killed Moeller. I guess losing a majority of rising seniors may actually hurt them. Don't worry, I'm sure that after the loss the coaches were working the phones for new transfers.

I think Moeller is still the clear cut favorite in D1. It's summer league so you can't tell much from one fluke game.

I would not take anything from a summer shoot outs especially like this one. It's cool to get the kids together working to build some chemistry and work through adversity but on the other end with football kids out and vacations, you really do not know what your rosters is going to look like. Plus these free agent kids. I saw one kid play for 2 different teams in 2 days??? What is that about?? Good runs but who knows what you get from it.

I would not take anything from a summer shoot outs especially like this one. It's cool to get the kids together working to build some chemistry and work through adversity but on the other end with football kids out and vacations, you really do not know what your rosters is going to look like. Plus these free agent kids. I saw one kid play for 2 different teams in 2 days??? What is that about?? Good runs but who knows what you get from it.

Moeller is NOT missing any kids for football nor would one of their basketball players dare go on vacation in June and still be on the team. I think you can take a lot from this loss. Moeller is not going to be the Moeller of last year! There are some teams that will give them a fight this year. Moeller is young this year and missing their D1 player from last year.

Moeller is NOT missing any kids for football nor would one of their basketball players dare go on vacation in June and still be on the team. I think you can take a lot from this loss. Moeller is not going to be the Moeller of last year! There are some teams that will give them a fight this year. Moeller is young this year and missing their D1 player from last year.

Was not talking about big Mo specifically. Just thoughts on the shoot out in general. But tell us how you really feel about the reigning D1 champs....Whew!

Lol, Moeller had 2 teams split at UD team camp. They would have smoked everyone there by 20+ if they had one team. Alter looked really good. Saw Trotwood lose to a bunch of average white kids from Massillon Jackson. Rocky still threw a tantrum and some Twood fans got tossed by the officials. Springboro looked decent for the first time in 4 years. Centerville will be solid.

Lol, Moeller had 2 teams split at UD team camp. They would have smoked everyone there by 20+ if they had one team. Alter looked really good. Saw Trotwood lose to a bunch of average white kids from Massillon Jackson. Rocky still threw a tantrum and some Twood fans got tossed by the officials. Springboro looked decent for the first time in 4 years. Centerville will be solid.

No! They had one team of all varsity starters and key varsity contributors that lost. The other team was primarily made up of rising sophomore JV players and a few varsity bench players. Not sure
How their 2nd team did but did see their main varsity players get beaten by a phenomenal sophomore to be.

Team Reports

Trotwood- Must fill void of prolific scorer (Davis) team still plays with great energy. Mims is super quick point guard who can get wherever he wants to get. Very small guards. Blanton kid has potential to carry scoring load.Rams had a 6'5 kid in the paint that could give the a similar presence to Justin Stephens. One thing the Rams do is play hard. Rams will still be a contender. They were missing some key players

Cin Woodward- Lead by Sophomore McMillan-very ball dominant-looks to score often. They have a very under utilized big man 6'5 ish chiseled but does not get many touches

Beavercreek- Team plays with a lot of energy. Nice size. Pitman team is pushing the tempo unlike typical Beavercreek team from past

Hilliard Bradley- Super disciplined team. Excellent defense. Great role players and a star in 6'4 guard Alloco. Coaches son Norris is a knockdown shooting

Lakota East- Very sound team that plays well together. Junior guard Johnson oozes potential 6'4 physical specimen.

Thurgood Marshall- Super talented guards, but lack size, and overall team seem to lack Chemistry. Elmore is more scorer than play maker. Also picked up transfer from North Carolina, who is super skilled shooting, very good handle, and willing passer, with IQ but didn't seem to have chemistry with team yet. McComb is tweener between guard forward and post. Amerson is an athletic slasher who looks to make plays. Plays a lot bigger than size. I was told they had transfer guard from Meadowdale who started last year that played as well. This early McCullough has a good problem if he can figure out chemistry.

Meadowdale- Hill has a lot of potential, and will be depended upon to score a lot of buckets. They also return O'Neal who started the last two seasons. The Lions had many scrappy players but scoring will be an issue.

Lol... MJ is way more than an a team of average white kids. Look at what they have done over the past few years. Good team, sound and a good challenge for anyone in the summer.

Rams will find their way. Young at the guard spot plus they were missing 3 or 4 guys including D1 football recruits Anderson and Hughley. Blanton is the next star if he keeps his head and becomes a leader.