Any football teams having a midnight madness for the start of their football season?

new head football coach at Wayne stated that tradition never graduates but then cancels midnight practice which has always been a tradition at Wayne.

Sounds like a fun idea but how does that work? A scrimmage game like in basketball? Competitive drills?

Cool idea and all, but a practice Wednesday night at midnight (technically Thursday morning) doesn’t exactly help the boys getting on a good sleep regiment for Friday early practice.

Coldwater normally has one sometime at the start of the season
I enjoyed it when we did as a fan. We never did during my playing days. Usually Saturday at midnight during our community picnic. But I don't think we've done one in 2 years unless I just haven't heard about it. Like voice said, It was just like watching a practice.

As far as I know Covington and West Jefferson still do.

Cool idea and all, but a practice Wednesday night at midnight (technically Thursday morning) doesn’t exactly help the boys getting on a good sleep regiment for Friday early practice.
The 2 years I saw our school did it was during our town festival time so doing it tat night before
I enjoyed it when we did as a fan. We never did during my playing days. Usually Saturday at midnight during our community picnic. But I don't think we've done one in 2 years unless I just haven't heard about it. Like voice said, It was just like watching a practice.

From what I recall they did it so it got the practice out of the way so they did not have to practice

I stopped by once for a few minutes was cool with CCP going on as well. It was ok but from what I recall it worked out well