American 'heroes' nominated to replace Confederate officers' names on Army bases

Can we rename things named after Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson? Or is their racism acceptable because they were Democrats?

I used to have a neighbor who was dishonorably discharged from the military and did jail time shortly after her milItaly stint.

I’d like to nominate her, though, because she’s black. She’s a shoe-in to have something named for her, 100% guaranteed.

They are being erased from the military base. Liberal totalitarians want all history they do not like to be removed, this is a step in that direction. So your inability to understand this is concerning.
Right. Not being erased from history, just the name being removed as the name of a military base. Glad you finally understand.

I think you’re just projecting your own inability to understand what eib was saying earlier.

Because you don't understand history, judging the past, with today's standards is nonsensical. It always has been and always will be.
Surely you realize there’s a huge difference in applying today’s standards to the past and removing the honor of a military base namesake because the said namesake went to war with the United States and it’s government

It is clearly B, while the words I typed were incorrect, it is not a complicated subject, so it should have been obvious what I meant, given the additional information provided in subsequent posts.

Since it took me FIVE times to get that clarification, maybe it was a bit complicated. ;) So

Hammerdrill: B) that not naming something after someone is not erasing history. (which would seem to apply to the discussion)

Great, we're on the same page. Not naming a fort (something) after Bragg (someone) is not erasing history. Same all the others.

Likewise Hammerdrill's wife changing her name after marriage (presuming) was not him being a totalitarian dicktator nor did it erase her from history.

SEE!!! We can all agree. No one is being erased from history. Next topic?

kumbaya My Lord, kumbaya....

Not sure where you get that from this article,,
It's the theme of Democratic politics. No? Brother killed Brother during Civil War. The States reconciled and worked towards a better America. We were still working towards a better America. What is it you're after?

Money well spent...wonder how many millions of dollars this will cost.

Probably could have taken the money and hired some people to guard our schools.

It's the theme of Democratic politics. No? Brother killed Brother during Civil War. The States reconciled and worked towards a better America. We were still working towards a better America. What is it you're after?

You quoted and responded to the article. I think clearly he was after whether your comment was in response to something written in the article or a non-sequitur. You mention a "solution," it's not clear what problem you were referring to and in what way your though it was your personal responsibility.
Do you want me to say I'm an evil white man? I need to be segregated from society? I need to publicly denounce America and what she stands for? Is that a solution?

Yeah, I'm not seeing a connection between that and the article either. But if you want to be part of the solution, we can change your name? We'd be glad to make you "Happier."

????, LOL, I really amused myself with that one.

Money well spent...wonder how many millions of dollars this will cost.

Probably could have taken the money and hired some people to guard our schools.

Probably same adjusted for inflation money than it took to rename National Airport.

Renaming things is hardly a new thing.

You quoted and responded to the article. I think clearly he was after whether your comment was in response to something written in the article or a non-sequitur. You mention a "solution," it's not clear what problem you were referring to and in what way your though it was your personal responsibility.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a connection between that and the article either. But if you want to be part of the solution, we can change your name? We'd be glad to make you "Happier."

????, LOL, I really amused myself with that one.
I can't help you. I understand the Democratic tactical politics. My words are meant to cut out the BS. I get right to the point. Some wish to ignore. I'll stand by my words.

I can't help you. I understand the Democratic tactical politics. My words are meant to cut out the BS. I get right to the point. Some wish to ignore. I'll stand by my words.

Then I should do the same? From a conservative POV, this one is not worth the time of day IMO. I stand by those words.The original naming of those forts was nothing more than political appeasement. There's no hypocrisy in renaming them and renaming them again. ? These same states have changed dramatically. Regardless, these are Federal properties.

Places have been renamed at conservative and Republican behest. You made no relationship between your presumed "whiteness," "evil" or wrestling record if that somehow also is pertinent to you. Your words didn't cut out the BS. They exemplified it IMO. They did not reach the goal you meant.

Nothing in that article attacked your "whiteness." You just decided to be a victim. That's the impression I got from your words. Only you know the truth.

I don't know what issue you have with democracy but this was a social issue, not a political one. Apparently you decided that your side simply lost? You are free to name your poodle General Bragg or Hitler. It's YOUR business. This was a public business. Things get renamed everyday. Public buildings and spaces have gotten renamed throughout history.

Last edited:
Since it took me FIVE times to get that clarification, maybe it was a bit complicated. ;) So

Great, we're on the same page. Not naming a fort (something) after Bragg (someone) is not erasing history. Same all the others.

Likewise Hammerdrill's wife changing her name after marriage (presuming) was not him being a totalitarian dicktator nor did it erase her from history.

SEE!!! We can all agree. No one is being erased from history. Next topic?

kumbaya My Lord, kumbaya....
We already named the fort after Bragg. There is a difference in undoing something that was done, vs not doing something. I guess this IS more complicated for you to understand than I first thought.

Surely you realize there’s a huge difference in applying today’s standards to the past and removing the honor of a military base namesake because the said namesake went to war with the United States and it’s government
Did you read the Eisenhower quote?

I assume you stationed there at some point. Did you know the history of General Bragg before, during or after you were there?
A little bit. Spent 13-14 weeks there over the years including last summer when one our own came home after being killed in Bidens abortion of a withdrawal.

Sorry for your loss.
I had only met him once but our command is a right knit community and when one falls we all fall.

I don't know much about Bragg other than he wasn't that good of a commander but that isn't the point.

I would venture to say most are not in agreement ichange names. They are all a part of the history, goo or bad.

I had only met him once but our command is a right knit community and when one falls we all fall.

I don't know much about Bragg other than he wasn't that good of a commander but that isn't the point.

I would venture to say most are not in agreement ichange names. They are all a part of the history, goo or bad.
The overwhelming vast majority of Americans have never heard of Fort Bragg much less who it is named after or the deeds of its namesake. This is a very vocal ultra minority stirring up trouble for the sake of racial division.

Unfortunately there are otherwise rational, level headed people supporting it to feel good about themselves. In reality they are only empowering radical SJW who want racism to be alive and well.