Alter vs CJ (playoff edition)

Who wins?

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • CJ

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

I hope alter wins this one cause I am a Disappointed Greenwave fan if CJ wins last night we are in for the first time in 23 years. But instead it's Alter who has been there 18 straight times

My feeling on this game is that Alter played a little over it's 2019 level in Week 10 to get that win. I expect CJ to be better prepared and focused, and get the win. It'll be another close game, but as mentioned above, I see this similar to what happened in 2017. I'll say:

Chaminade Julienne 35
Alter 21

Leaning toward CJ, but a little concerning that CJ has allowed 58 points in its last 6 quarters. Does come on the heels of shutting Badin completely down, but something has give way the last 2 games. I'll still go with CJ

CJ should be without #67 who got ejected in the 4th Q for stomping on an Alter player's legs. I think Alter will make the right adjustments to win this game. I think the 2017 game is a reminder to not be complacent and the need to make tweaks. Alter 28 CJ 21.

one full game
There must be exceptions. We had a game a few weeks ago where a kid was ejected in the first quarter. He was back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Someone claimed that the opposing coach was asked if he was ok if the kid was allowed to play, the coach said he didn't mind. That sounds a bit unbelievable to me that a coach has any say in the matter. But I know the kid was ejected and played in the second half.

I've noticed this a couple of times this year, a ref doesn't eject kid but sends him to the sideline. Sits some plays, then comes back in. I've also have seen a kid sent to the sideline and didn't return. Was able to play the next game because he wasn't officially ejected. I'm not sure what discretion the ref has, but it appears that is what was occurring. Maybe the ref isn't even suppose to it. Seems fairly sensible. Remove the guilty party and let them calm down. If the CJ kid did as described, I'm guessing he was officially ejected. I don't remember him at all, good or bad from the Badin game as far as getting into scuffles and extra circular activities, so I'm guessing there may have been a little provocation.

I'm interested what changed for Alter in Week 10. Anything in particular? I wasn't able to attend so I didn't know if it was a changes in game plan, health, or just a better overall effort.

I'm interested what changed for Alter in Week 10. Anything in particular? I wasn't able to attend so I didn't know if it was a changes in game plan, health, or just a better overall effort.
Alter came out more energized and executed better.

what is not going to happen in this game is a wholesale revamp of either strategy or personnel.. Alter will pound inside the tackles and try to eat clock. cj will have to key the play tendencies and double the big back.. alter threw all of 5x last game and hit 3 for scores. on the other side cj will have to buy time for its qb and keep him vertical. alter persists in being vulnerable over the linebackers hoping for pressure but living with no competent deep help.so field position will be the key imo..as said previously have no idea why alter goes single on punt returns with zero confidence that either player who has that role can catch anything on the fly..why concede 15-20 yards on every possession change.?? the likelihood that alter scores 4 tds through the air and on kickoffs is very slight..in effect same chessboard,same coaches, no true surprises...alter can't afford penalties and yacs , cj can't afford sacks nor allow alter's line 2nd level blocks ..

I think Alter wins in a competitive game. It won't be easy considering the loses Alter faces this week on both sides of the ball but they play their game i Have it 28-21 Alter Friday night.

Alter will have the thought of two years ago in their head. CJ will have the thought of last week in their head. Sure to be a good one this week, with the winner probably playing Badin.

CJ should be without #67 who got ejected in the 4th Q for stomping on an Alter player's legs. I think Alter will make the right adjustments to win this game. I think the 2017 game is a reminder to not be complacent and the need to make tweaks. Alter 28 CJ 21.
I believe he is not playing in this game.

Heard that Branden McDonald is out for Alter. He still hasn't recovered from an injury he got from CJ twisting his ankle last week. I know two DB's are out (one got a concussion and the other one is gone for fighting), and also heard that a WR failed a drug test today. I think CJ will win this game now because Alter has 4 crucial players out. I want my Knights to win but this seems like a big loss for tomorrow night.

Heard that Branden McDonald is out for Alter. He still hasn't recovered from an injury he got from CJ twisting his ankle last week. I know two DB's are out (one got a concussion and the other one is gone for fighting), and also heard that a WR failed a drug test today. I think CJ will win this game now because Alter has 4 crucial players out. I want my Knights to win but this seems like a big loss for tomorrow night.

Whatever adversity Alter has to handle, they will still be ready. Last year is a great example. They played the regional finals vs Wapak and state semis vs Norwalk with 5 starters out on defense and two on offense. Coach Domsitz and the crew will have them prepared.

Whatever adversity Alter has to handle, they will still be ready. Last year is a great example. They played the regional finals vs Wapak and state semis vs Norwalk with 5 starters out on defense and two on offense. Coach Domsitz and the crew will have them prepared.
Last years team had a lot of seniors that could step up. This years team does not have that kind of depth. It should be interesting tomorrow night, especially if Alter DB''s can't stop the pass.

I would probably have to agree with you but then again nobody thought CJ had a chance in 2017 against Alter.

Wow if those players are out, Alter will be severely out-manned. Last week's effort was great to see. It will take that effort and some turnovers for Alter to have a chance.

Sorry Knight fans, but it sounds like you’re getting you excuses ready. Bottom line, you are 6-4 and an average team. It happens, even to you.

Last years team had a lot of seniors that could step up. This years team does not have that kind of depth. It should be interesting tomorrow night, especially if Alter DB''s can't stop the pass.

To be clear, Last year adversity for the knights was not filled by Seniors stepping in to fill the void in the Wapak / Norwalk games . it was 4 sophomores and a junior.. Yes the knights have a spots to fill but this is why you play the game. Good Luck to both teams.