Alliance Aviators

With Sean Weatherspoon being one and done in Alliance (left for Mckinley), who might they turn to next?

Who do you want to see and who would be available to guide a talented roster of Aviators next season?

Last edited:

One person who has a lot of community support is Asst head coach Dale Dickson. Alumni, moved up the ranks from the middle school to Jv then to asst varsity coach. Whether the school board agrees is another question. But I know quite a few parents want someone to reimplement a youth program, like we had when I was in elementary school. Gotta develop that future talent like so many of these other school surrounding us do.

They did just like all the other EBC schools, but after Covid shut stuff down, they just started sending kids to Y-League
And now schools are back to doing youth leagues in canton and the surrounding areas and our kids have to wait until 7th grade to play real basketball. Sad.

Alliance may be the favorite again..... Jackson, Davis, Zurbrugg, Hawkins all coming back
It's going to be up for grabs next year. No one in the conference will be lacking talent.
West Branch was very young last year and returns everyone.
Alliance loses Diego, but brings everyone else back.
Minerva brings back 4 out of the starting 5.
Marlington also brings back 4 starter's.
Carrollton loses 4 starter's but have some good size coming up.

Should be very competitive! Alliance has the horses to win it but no one gave Carrollton a shot last year and they were standing at the top with them at the end. Minerva should be very good - young guys get older and mature and a pure scorer really helps. West Branch may be my preseason pick right now. Lots of size and their PG could make a big jump. Will all of Alliance's pieces still be there? If so, look out because they will score it but will the new coach emphasize defense more? Carrollton brings back leading scorer and he lit it up on more than a few occasions and their JV was talented. Marlington will have the coach's son and a lot coming back too. Should be ingredients for competitive year in league!

Should be very competitive! Alliance has the horses to win it but no one gave Carrollton a shot last year and they were standing at the top with them at the end. Minerva should be very good - young guys get older and mature and a pure scorer really helps. West Branch may be my preseason pick right now. Lots of size and their PG could make a big jump. Will all of Alliance's pieces still be there? If so, look out because they will score it but will the new coach emphasize defense more? Carrollton brings back leading scorer and he lit it up on more than a few occasions and their JV was talented. Marlington will have the coach's son and a lot coming back too. Should be ingredients for competitive year in league!
This should be a very interesting year. I can’t wait to catch the action.

Heard Ex- Aviator and longtime McKinley assistant Chet Bryant is interested in coming back home....this will be a great hire.....25 yrs experience and helped McKinley win a championship....Bryant was Alliance's all time leading scorer until Kukura passed him...Come on home Chet!!!

Last edited:
Heard Ex- Aviator and longtime McKinley assistant Chet Bryant is interested in coming back home....this will be a great hire.....25 yrs experience and helped McKinley win a championship....Bryant was Alliance's all time leading scorer until Kukura passed him...Come on home Chet!!!
Where’s he coach at now

Alliance may have to bring Kukura back. winningest coach in school history (both wins and winning percentage). Doubt he wants it but it is almost June.

Supposedly Minerva is now looking for a coach. Green apparently resigned and is going to Strasburg.. if all went down over the weekend. Shocking news to everyone I talked to.

Wow I thought he was in it for the long haul. But I guess strasburg is considered a better job to some. Weren’t they pretty decent this past year in the ivc?

Rich Hart back at Minerva to replace Green after he left for Strasburg. The Lions are very fortunate to find a coach of this caliber after Green surprisingly left at the end of May. Good hire for this talented young team.

The Aviators looked very good this summer... Harper lays his hat on tough defense and pushing the ball....could be an interesting season....
I seen them vs Massillon Jackson. Didn’t seem like they had everyone. Is proctor going to play at alliance still or is he staying in marlington?