All SouthWest Ohio Team

I understand your frustration. I sometimes think these things are very political and they don't make sense. For instance, CJ Young of Harrison had over 900 receiving yards before the playoffs started and now is over 1000 for the year. He didn't make 1st team at WR but a kid from Turpin who had 427 yards receiving made it along with other kids who didn't have nearly the stats that CJ had. CJ was second in receiving yards out of all of the receivers in D2 in SW Ohio but only made second team. That makes no sense at all to me. I also think Connor Kinnett or Levi Tidwell was just as deserving, likely more deserving, of being Player of the Year as Miyan Williams. After this week, Connor will likely be in the top 30 in Ohio HS football history for a passing yards in a season. Levi will at the very least in the top 15 in state history in receiving yards in a season. I would think those numbers are worthy of being player of the year. This is not meant as disrespect to Williams at all. He's a great RB and has had an amazing career but we're talking about historical numbers this year for Kinnett and especially for Tidwell. Top 15 in state history but not the player of the year in your district???

I understand your frustration. I sometimes think these things are very political and they don't make sense. For instance, CJ Young of Harrison had over 900 receiving yards before the playoffs started and now is over 1000 for the year. He didn't make 1st team at WR but a kid from Turpin who had 427 yards receiving made it along with other kids who didn't have nearly the stats that CJ had. CJ was second in receiving yards out of all of the receivers in D2 in SW Ohio but only made second team. That makes no sense at all to me. I also think Connor Kinnett or Levi Tidwell was just as deserving, likely more deserving, of being Player of the Year as Miyan Williams. After this week, Connor will likely be in the top 30 in Ohio HS football history for a passing yards in a season. Levi will at the very least in the top 15 in state history in receiving yards in a season. I would think those numbers are worthy of being player of the year. This is not meant as disrespect to Williams at all. He's a great RB and has had an amazing career but we're talking about historical numbers this year for Kinnett and especially for Tidwell. Top 15 in state history but not the player of the year in your district???
IMO No one was more deserving than Williams in D2. That kid is incredible. I won’t disagree that Kinnett is a great QB that would’ve won a lot of years but this year was Miyans. Wouldn’t mind my Bearcats lobbing a PWO to Kinnett tbh.

IMO No one was more deserving than Williams in D2. That kid is incredible. I won’t disagree that Kinnett is a great QB that would’ve won a lot of years but this year was Miyans. Wouldn’t mind my Bearcats lobbing a PWO to Kinnett tbh.

A PWO to A. Pay full price for school and B. Play behind Prater in a couple years, no thanks.

Matthew Luebbe:
Passing: 2,538 yards and 23 touchdowns
Rushing:1,322 yards and 14 touchdowns

How is he not player of the year?
It would be a great choice in most years, except Jutahn is pretty good too. 204 carries for 1,800 yards (8.8 ypc) and 21 TD. That will play too.

Furthermore, you get added consideration when you sign with a high-profile college. It should not have any bearing on your high school resume, but inevitably it does.

If Luebbe had those stats AND was going to ND or OSU, he instantly gets the benefit of the doubt and more accolades.

In the end, it doesn't matter and the award is meaningless. I'm sure Luebbe would take a team win tonight against Colerain vs. any individual award.

I think the writers are influenced by what type of college prospect the player is. McClain has offers from pretty much the entire Big Ten and ND. Writers see that and assume he is POY material. Luebbe played a tougher schedule, at the most challenging position and posted huge numbers. That warrants POY honors in my opinion.

I think the writers are influenced by what type of college prospect the player is. McClain has offers from pretty much the entire Big Ten and ND. Writers see that and assume he is POY material. Luebbe played a tougher schedule, at the most challenging position and posted huge numbers. That warrants POY honors in my opinion.

Roger Bacon coach is COY over Wyoming, IH, Massie? Why? they supposedly have the best running back in the state and couldn't get past Valley View? Dyer's been on their sack all year!