All-NBA Teams

Richelieu

Fly Eagles Fly
It's time again to think about the All-NBA Teams for this season. What are your choices for First and Second Team (and Third Team, too, if you want to do that as well)?

I'm sure most of you know this, but one reminder: there is no distinction between small forward and power forward, or between point guard and shooting guard. For example there can be two power forwards or two shooting guards on the same team if they get enough votes.

Here are my choices:

First Team
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant

Second Team
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Andrew Bynum
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo

Third Team
LaMarcus Aldridge
David Lee
Marcin Gortat
Dwyane Wade
Tony Parker

I was messing with you. I just went with my best 5. The league doesn't abide by position labels anymore anyways.
Eh, they do loosely. There's a bit of gray area when it comes to forward and center. Sometimes three forwards will make a team if there is no natural center as good. But if there is a center, then they do go with two forwards and two guards.

Actually, I like your list. If it was just the five best players, I would pick Kevin Love over Kobe Bryant for First Team.

I think I'd take Kobe over Westbrook still as my original list had it. And if D Rose was healthy I'd have him over both of those guys.

I think I'd take Kobe over Westbrook still as my original list had it. And if D Rose was healthy I'd have him over both of those guys.
It's a tough call with Kobe and Westbrook. I think Westbrook has been more consistent, and he's been the more accurate shooter this season. I'm pretty confident, though, that Kobe will make First Team All-NBA for the seventh straight season.

I agree about Rose. He's just missed too much time this season to be on First Team or Second Team. Healthy, I'd take him ahead of Westbrook because he's the better passer. I have a feeling, though, that the voters will put Rose on the All-NBA Third Team.

It's time again to think about the All-NBA Teams for this season. What are your choices for First and Second Team (and Third Team, too, if you want to do that as well)?

I'm sure most of you know this, but one reminder: there is no distinction between small forward and power forward, or between point guard and shooting guard. For example there can be two power forwards or two shooting guards on the same team if they get enough votes.

Here are my choices:

First Team
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant

Second Team
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Andrew Bynum
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo

Third Team
LaMarcus Aldridge
David Lee
Marcin Gortat
Dwyane Wade
Tony Parker

First Team
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul

Second Team
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook

Third Team
D Wade
Parker

I like the pick of Tyson Chandler as the Third Team center. I think I'll change my pick there. As for Josh Smith, I considered him, but his stats just didn't make the case for him.

With Melo's recent spurt, I might consider him for Third Team.

O.K. Josh Smith in my opinion took the Hawks on his back past month or so. I see I misspelled Melo's name, maybe I ranked him a bit high.

Here are this season's All-NBA Teams. Kudos to Hurri-Comet for being so close on these.
First Team
F Kevin Durant
F LeBron James
C Dwight Howard
G Kobe Bryant
G Chris Paul

Second Team
F Blake Griffin
F Kevin Love
C Andrew Bynum
G Tony Parker
G Russell Westbrook

Third Team
F Carmelo Anthony
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Tyson Chandler
G Rajon Rondo
G Dwyane Wade

With that selection, Kobe Bryant now has 10 First Team selections in his career. His two Second Team and two Third Team give him 14 total All-NBA selections in his career, only one behind the all-time record of 15 held by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Here were the All-Defensive Team selections for this season:

First Team
F Serge Ibaka
F LeBron James
C Dwight Howard
G Tony Allen
G Chris Paul

Second Team
F Luol Deng
F Kevin Garnett
C Tyson Chandler
G Kobe Bryant
G Rajon Rondo

In case you were wondering, two different groups of voters pick the Defensive Player of the Year and the All-Defensive Teams. That's why DPOY Chandler was on the Second Team.

With this selection, Kobe Bryant now has nine First Team selections and three Second Team selections, giving him a total of 12 for his career. That puts him only one selection behind Tim Duncan for the most all-time selections to the All-Defensive Team.

1. Tyson Chandler getting voted All-NBA is a joke. Even if there are 2 true big men in the NBA.

2. How does a player on such a crappy team, defensively anyway, get DPOTY?

1. Tyson Chandler getting voted All-NBA is a joke. Even if there are 2 true big men in the NBA.

2. How does a player on such a crappy team, defensively anyway, get DPOTY?
1. Who would you put on Third Team in his place?
2. Don't you think it's possible to be a great defender on any team?

The joke isn't that he got an All-NBA vote, the joke is that there aren't any big men who are better.

Ben Wallace made Second Team three times and Third Team once from 2002-2003 to 2005-2006. Chandler isn't quite as good a rebounder as Wallace was but he's just as good a defender, and definitely superior offensively.

I know that. Since the turn of the century, the talent level and importance of Centers have dramatically decreased.

1. Who would you put on Third Team in his place?
2. Don't you think it's possible to be a great defender on any team?

1. Al Jefferson

2. As a big man, you impact team defense moreso than any other position. I refuse to believe the Knicks mediocre or bad defense was a result of their "high firepower" Offense.

I might be in the minority, but I think Andrew Bogut is a better defender. He just can't stay on the floor. A great defender makes his whole defense at least good. LeBron is a great defender. Tim Duncan used to be a great defender. It's tough to say "hey this guy's a great defender" when the top 75 offensive players in the NBA can score on a regular basis on the top 25 defensive players in the NBA.