All 2023 playoff games will be on Fridays

There are still many multi-sport athletes that like to play all three seasons. But today in Ohio HS football a 4-6 and even 3-7 team can make week 11. Some kids may not want to extend their season 2 weeks after going 3-7.
Just a mentality I do not understand. You sign up to play that sport & commit. For me that's giving your all from start to finish even if it isn't your favorite.
Finish this by saying that I'll miss Saturday games in Ohio. Worked out nicely in 2016 to watch my brother in Indiana & his baseball buddies playing football in Ohio. Watched my brother on Friday win & buddies on Saturday win as well. The next week he fell at semi state on Friday & they at regional final Saturday.
Hopefully in a few years it will change & can watch family & friends on both sides that way again.

Just a mentality I do not understand. You sign up to play that sport & commit. For me that's giving your all from start to finish even if it isn't your favorite.
Finish this by saying that I'll miss Saturday games in Ohio. Worked out nicely in 2016 to watch my brother in Indiana & his baseball buddies playing football in Ohio. Watched my brother on Friday win & buddies on Saturday win as well. The next week he fell at semi state on Friday & they at regional final Saturday.
Hopefully in a few years it will change & can watch family & friends on both sides that way again.
You can give your all and not want it to be wasted time. Going 3-7 during your season and then waiting 2 weeks to play your final game makes very little sense to many.

You can give your all and not want it to be wasted time. Going 3-7 during your season and then waiting 2 weeks to play your final game makes very little sense to many.
Another OHSAA issue. Either go all in or change the number of teams making the post season or have a record requirement of 5-5 or better.

Another OHSAA issue. Either go all in or change the number of teams making the post season or have a record requirement of 5-5 or better.
One issue at a time. At least we can agree that starting earlier and installing a bye week is not a solution to any issue.

Area coaches weigh in on all football playoff games on Fridays until state finals

Saturday playoff football games are a thing of the past — for the most part.

The Ohio High School Athletic Association recently announced that all playoff football games through the state finals this season will be played on Friday nights.

Beau Rugg, the director of officiating and sports management with the OHSAA, emailed coaches and athletic directors of the move last month. Rugg said the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association requested the change and that he received many emails in support of such a move.

Area coaches weigh in on all football playoff games on Fridays until state finals

As long as they get their normal amount of days to practice and prepare, I don't think most coaches care when their team plays. If they had to choose, most probably like Fridays better. If they win, bring the kids in for film and maybe some lifting early the next morning. Coaches stay and break down the next opponent's films late morning and can then go home to watch college football the rest of the day. Playing on Saturday, everyone is probably at home staring at the clock that day until it's time to go catch the bus (if away) or suit up (if home).