ALCS: Cleveland Indians vs. Toronto Blue Jays

I would like to take this opportunity to say that as a lifetime member of the Audubon Society, I am highly offended by the name and the logo of the Toronto professional baseball team. This kind of avian exploitation is ridiculous, harmful, and hurtful to these beautiful citizens of the natural world. It must be stopped immediately!!

I guess you were referring to this? http://www.espn.com./mlb/story/_/id...isses-attempt-ban-cleveland-indians-name-logo

Lol at Canada :laugh:

Epic. The bullpen has just been phenomenal. Starter doesn't even make it out of the first inning and you hold Toronto to 2 runs at their place when they are fighting for their lives

Great game by the Indians. Pitching has been dominating.

I get why Chief Wahoo might be offensive but I struggle with a nickname of a team being offensive, especially when it was used to honor a player.

giphy.gif

Blue Jays on the ropes

Trevor Bauer already out of the game due to a bloody finger.

Oozing pretty good. Brought back memories of my bloodied index finger as a result of an attempted bunt by this nine-year old Little Leaguer.

Gallant effort on his part. Sad. Tribe prevails! :banana:

For the Canadian perspective on tonight's game, I suggest you read the sports page of the Toronto Star. There are the views of three columnists on the game and they are actually quite amusing.

For the Canadian perspective on tonight's game, I suggest you read the sports page of the Toronto Star. There are the views of three columnists on the game and they are actually quite amusing.

Blue Jays’ big dogs look lost
https://www.thestar.com/sports/blue...leveland-torontos-bats-went-quiet-arthur.html

Haha! I need to read the other.

Cleveland stitches together winning mix
https://www.thestar.com/sports/blue...nd-stitches-together-winning-mix-dimanno.html

Gotta say, they’re impossible to dislike, these Indians, a no-nonsense bunch of steady character and decent — modest — ethic; very much an outward extension of the too easily lampooned working-class hero city they represent.

Last edited:
An historic win. In Cleveland, they will be talking about this game 50 years from now.

Love this team...whatever happens.

I'm a little awestruck given the Indians are without their 2 and 3 pitchers. I didn't see this coming, really.

Probably the most amazing thing about this postseason. The Indians have sent much, much better teams to the postseason. This team is one good starter in Kluber, a couple of #3/ #4 types in Bauer and Tomlin and a couple good relievers on the pitching side. With the bats, not really a stellar lineup. They just find ways to win.

Probably the most amazing thing about this postseason. The Indians have sent much, much better teams to the postseason. This team is one good starter in Kluber, a couple of #3/ #4 types in Bauer and Tomlin and a couple good relievers on the pitching side. With the bats, not really a stellar lineup. They just find ways to win.

You're underselling the crap out of the Indians bull pen right now.

I think it's reached the point where Miller just has to walk out of the bullpen and throw his glove on the mound and the Blue Jay batters collapse.

Indians down 1 0 not good.STarting kluber on 3 days rest plain stupity.Indians in big trouble

Last edited:
That is true, their bullpen has been really, really good in the postseason.

Still underselling the ever living crap out of their bullpen. Miller and Otero have been elite all year ranking as the 2nd and 3rd best ERAs among bullpen pitchers. Cody Allen has been great all year and comes in at 30th.

Still underselling the ever living crap out of their bullpen. Miller and Otero have been elite all year ranking as the 2nd and 3rd best ERAs among bullpen pitchers. Cody Allen has been great all year and comes in at 30th.

Miller is only the second reliever to be a pennant-series MVP, and he's not even the closer Allen with 4 saves. Add Otero, Shaw.... That's an all-time bullpen.

How about the kid Merritt ?

:laugh: at Bauer's GoPro

Last edited: