Akron City Series 2019-2020

My guess is there isn't any final determination made one way or the other. There is a lot of radio silence going on from people who should be "in the know". And I'm not talking about us Yappi posters, but people who really are "in the know". Sounds to me like there are a lot of moving parts still in play. As for me, I hope they stay at Buchtel.

I have entered schedules for all Akron City Series teams, but I need a little help filling in the missing games. I used Arbiter, which has the following counts:
Buchtel - 20
East - 20
Ellet - 20
Firestone - 21
Kenmore-Garfield - 20
North - 21

I'm assuming they won't have more than 21 to save room for the Championship at the end of the year, but I'm still missing some games for others. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Link:

Last edited:
I have entered schedules for all Akron City Series teams, but I need a little help filling in the missing games. I used Arbiter, which has the following counts:
Buchtel - 16
East - 20
Ellet - 20
Firestone - 21
Kenmore-Garfield 19
North - 21

I'm assuming they won't have more than 21 to save room for the Championship at the end of the year, but I'm still missing some games for others. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Link:
Buchtel has a January 5th game vs Lakewood St Edward at Euclid ( Play by Play Classic)

Also they have either 3 or 4 games at the Beach Ball Classic
December 26-31
1st game is Dec 26 vs Dorman (SC)

Wow! Must be smart kids to get into WRA. That is one of the best schools in the state.

Is WRA going to start beefing up their schedule?

Wow! Must be smart kids to get into WRA. That is one of the best schools in the state.

Is WRA going to start beefing up their schedule?

Both boys have been attending the STEM high school, just playing for Buchtel. So yes, they have smarts. Although I highly doubt being average students with their athletic abilities would preclude their being accepted at WRA.

Any way poor Futch can amend that brutal non league schedule? Gonna be a tad different without Livingston.
I will give Futch credit for not pandering to Chris. Not many coaches would do that with a generational talent.
Truth is, this was probably gonna be Livingston's last year at Buchtel anyway.
Griffs will be alright, they're young and will still compete for the City Series title.

I think Central-Hower is the team to beat ... Jimmy Gooden, Milous Meadows, Kevin Cherry, and Grady Mateen, could win the City this year ...

I have been in the Rockies backpacking for the last month and came back to find out that Chad Hazard is now the head coach at Ellet? What happened? Congrats to Chad and good luck. I played against Chad when I was at Garfield back in the 90s. He was a fiery competitor and I hope that he is able to do that as a coach.

Wow could they have been more off! Barberton?!? lol why would anyone go there?
?? Waaaayyy off! According to the coach though, it was a done deal! Papa Joe and mom was all in agreement. I can only assume that they soon found out that the young fellas would have to sit out!!

With Hazzard taking over the reigns at Ellet, you don’t think they’ll win the city title?? The league is weak!! I think we’re looking at Ellet/Buchtel IV!

Yeah I am not sure if Hazard is great coach bad coach or just a coach? I know he has won some games at the JV level but that is hard to have an idea of how that translates. For the city's sake I hope he is able to build on the momentum that is there now. It would be great to have a different team break into the championship game but I do not see that being a possibility. You guys would know more than me as I am just getting back into town and will check out some games this weekend. I had a vision the other night of the golden rams/cardinals winning a city title then I woke up. The city is desperate for a third team to get into the mix! Since I have moved to NW Akron I would like it to be Firestone so I could watch some good games. I saw they got beat last night though. Is Milo still there?

Buchtel and Ellet have played for the last three titles? I know Buchtel won last year, did Ellet win the other two? Lots of questions but do

Yeah I am not sure if Hazard is great coach bad coach or just a coach? I know he has won some games at the JV level but that is hard to have an idea of how that translates. For the city's sake I hope he is able to build on the momentum that is there now. It would be great to have a different team break into the championship game but I do not see that being a possibility. You guys would know more than me as I am just getting back into town and will check out some games this weekend. I had a vision the other night of the golden rams/cardinals winning a city title then I woke up. The city is desperate for a third team to get into the mix! Since I have moved to NW Akron I would like it to be Firestone so I could watch some good games. I saw they got beat last night though. Is Milo still there?

Buchtel and Ellet have played for the last three titles? I know Buchtel won last year, did Ellet win the other two? Lots of questions but do
Got ya! Yes Ellet/Buchtel has met in the city title game 3yrs in a row! With Ellet going back to back in ‘16/‘17, ‘17/‘18. Buchtel knocked them off the perch this past ‘18/19 season!