AFC: Patriots vs Chiefs (1/20) 6:40PM

Who wins?

• Patriots

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
As a steelers fan, I have never rooted for a non steeler team as I did today for Brady and Pats.

I am an old guy in a young mans profession, and I can appreciate old man Brady still doing work in ayoung man;s game

Wow.

I don't like that the Chiefs never saw the ball in OT of the AFC Championship game. Somehow doesn't seem fair. I like the college version better.

As a steelers fan, I have never rooted for a non steeler team as I did today for Brady and Pats.

I am an old guy in a young mans profession, and I can appreciate old man Brady still doing work in ayoung man;s game

Wow.

He’s almost a decade older than the opposing team’s HC. Not often a HC can say they grew up watching the QB they’re scheming against.

I don't like that the Chiefs never saw the ball in OT of the AFC Championship game. Somehow doesn't seem fair. I like the college version better.

I think any time OT rules are drastically diff than the regular game then it is a bad idea.

The college and HS rules can be fun and exciting, but is a kin to a free throw or three point contest in basketball to decide it.

It takes away so much special teams. It takes away decision to go for it, or punt, field position...all important aspects of the game.

The pro version is the best way to determine a winner.

I think any time OT rules are drastically diff than the regular game then it is a bad idea.

The college and HS rules can be fun and exciting, but is a kin to a free throw or three point contest in basketball to decide it.

It takes away so much special teams. It takes away decision to go for it, or punt, field position...all important aspects of the game.

The pro version is the best way to determine a winner.

Totally agree. Hate the college OT basically starting possession already in field goal range. Diminishes some important elements of the game.

Totally agree. Hate the college OT basically starting possession already in field goal range. Diminishes some important elements of the game.

It is exciting, but not real football.

HOWEVER, I would be in favor of allowing both teams getting a shot but NOT giving teams the ball at a certain yard line.

Proceed like they currently do, but if Team A scores a TD then Team B gets a chance after Team A kicks off.

To give teams the ball at an arbitrary yardline like in HS/CFB just isnt the full game of football.

But I would be okay with keeping it as is.

don't like college OT, but there is nothing wrong with, nor would it hurt the NFL game to have both teams have a chance to possess the ball in OT.

if first teams scores a TD, then other team gets a chance to tie (or win it if they wanna go for 2). at least they get the ball and have a chance to possess it to tie, win, or lose.

if 2nd team does tie it up, then it can be sudden death. at least both teams got to possess the ball.

doesn't seem that hard.

After seeing the KC db's,I'm not so down on the Browns. Pitiful performance on third down. But then, they had the worst third down defense in the league. And no pass rush.

don't like college OT, but there is nothing wrong with, nor would it hurt the NFL game to have both teams have a chance to possess the ball in OT.

if first teams scores a TD, then other team gets a chance to tie (or win it if they wanna go for 2). at least they get the ball and have a chance to possess it to tie, win, or lose.

if 2nd team does tie it up, then it can be sudden death. at least both teams got to possess the ball.

doesn't seem that hard.

I think college OT is the most exciting OT in all of sports. I agree it takes some elements of the game away but I just can't get that Texas A&M/LSU game out of my head

People who complain about the overtime rules seem to forget one thing...the teams have had 4 quarters to win the game, so it's not unfair in any way. In fact, there are stats that say that the team that loses the coin toss for overtime wins as much as the team that wins the toss. Think about it, if you can kick it out of the end zone the team gets the ball at the 25, you get a 3 and out and you've WON field position.

Until the guy retires, you just are always going to see Tom Brady deep into the playoffs. How clutch were those OT throws? 3 3rd down and 10 conversions??

People who complain about the overtime rules seem to forget one thing...the teams have had 4 quarters to win the game, so it's not unfair in any way. In fact, there are stats that say that the team that loses the coin toss for overtime wins as much as the team that wins the toss. Think about it, if you can kick it out of the end zone the team gets the ball at the 25, you get a 3 and out and you've WON field position.

I agree

doesn't seem that hard.

But why??? Both teams had 60 minutes to win the game. That's fair. I actually like the old NFL OT rule, true sudden death. First team to score, period.

Allowing NFL OT to end the way they do is like allowing extra innings to end after a run in the top of the 10th.

Tony Romo is the best announcer ever. Literally the GOAG. Dude needs to be a coach

I love hearing him read the D. Like Bernie Kosar calling pre-season Browns games, except Romo can actually speak clearly. Damned CTE..... :dang:

He's doing what every team tries to do with their eyes up in "the booth", but I can't say whether he recognizes things more quickly or not. That's the difference - time to react. I'm guessing we are easier to impress.

He sure called the D and the counter for it dead on quite a few times. And second-guessed a few calls even before we saw them fail. No doubt about that.

I don't like OT that doesn't follow how the game is played. College OT and NFL OT are both dumb.

yup

I get that they are "made for TV", and that a timely resolution is necessary, but there sure could do a lot better by these players and coaches once playoff time rolls around. I think they should play a full period, staying with the second coin toss.

Had the doofus not lined up offside, the overtime would not have been a reality and the Chiefs would be going to the SB.

I think college OT is the most exciting OT in all of sports. I agree it takes some elements of the game away but I just can't get that Texas A&M/LSU game out of my head

Soccer and hockey shootouts are exciting, a three point or dunk contest could be exciting, a HR contest in basevall could be exciting...

Doesn't make it the right and best way to decide a game in OT.

I will give NHL a little bit of a mulligan though with their shootout. It is not practical to keep playing with their long season, and Ties....suck, and should be abandoned in pro sports so I am ok with a shootout in the NHL fater their OT to decide a winner.

I am debating if I would be ok if both teams get a chance with the ball. I think it could devalue defense if you automatically give the ball to the other team if they give up a TD.

IF they do it this way though, they need to do a kickoff and not giving teams the ball at a yardline like in college. That is so ed

Maybe a compromise in the NFL. Adopt the college rules but start the ball at the 50 every possession.