A Todd Porter Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastisbest

He's representing a school district and using his personal social media to announce district policy? That doesn't sound wise. Everything he's posted on that critter becomes a reflection of the district. They're going to vet that history strongly.

my2sense

Congrats to award winning journalist Todd Porter on his new hire! After a stellar career as a journalist, he leaves a dying industry and starts a new chapter at the county's top district. His ties formed while writing a book on the Jax bball team have been invaluable to him personally and now professionally. Pretty sure he will still be a contributor for the Rep on occasion. ;)

LilWorm

repository’s a joke anyways. only cover and are interested in Jackson, Central, Massillon and Perry. Bunch of homers over there. see the biased coverage finally payed off for someone 🙏

clarkgriswold

I wish him luck.

On another level, I am always surprised at the number of and nature of school district personnel. I'll trust that the Jackson District is a good steward of the monies they receive, but overall, at a time many districts are financially struggling, I'm amazed at how much is spent on things other than their primary purpose- educating children.

my2sense

Clark, I'm assuming you have a link to the budget that breaks down what they spent on education vs. "other things"? What % is spent on "other things"? In fact, how are you defining "other things"? Thanks in advance for a fact driven answer.

Last edited:

clarkgriswold

Clark, I'm assuming you have a link to the budget that breaks down what they spent on education vs. "other things"? What % is spent on "other things"?
Nope, not at all. The comment wasn't specific to Jackson rather just my constant surprise with the growth of school district personnel.

Mackinbiner

Nope, not at all. The comment wasn't specific to Jackson rather just my constant surprise with the growth of school district personnel.
What kind of verifiable information/stats do you have to show us that school districts are net adding personnel in some kind of "constant" fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.