A favorite player signs or gets traded to another team, do you root for them to win a SB?

14Red

This is a timely question with all the free agency signings and changes....so you're team has players that you really like, but has never won it all. They sign for another team, do you continue to root for them to win it all, or are you more of a my team, my guys ONLY person?

This is a timely question with all the free agency signings and changes....so you're team has players that you really like, but has never won it all. They sign for another team, do you continue to root for them to win it all, or are you more of a my team, my guys ONLY person?

I will not root for the team, but, if they win, I will be happy for the player ( providing he left my team without being a jerk).

I generally don't care about them unless they play for the Browns or Vikings. I enjoy watching a lot of players on other teams, but I don't care if they win or lose.

I am a front of the jersey type of fan, so once players leave I generally DGAF what they do and usually hope they lose, especially if they were greedy MFers.

I can think of one guy I rooted for after he left, Rod Woodson. He was always my all time fav Stiller, and probably came down to hearing a lot about him in HS (was from Ft Wayne) and in college.

Also, I felt the team offered him a fair contract for an 'older' player coming off major knee injury, and I understood his stance that he felt he had more to give and he did. Always wished they woulda kept and moved him to safety to protect any speed he lost from his knee injury.

for those who dont remember. He tore his ACL in week 1 vs the Lions. I was at that game. Barry Sanders put a move on him in and that was all she wrote.

He begged cowher to keep him on the active roster, and he did, and ended up playing a few plays in teh SB vs the Cowboys.

I'm generally a NO, with a couple of exceptions for really great guys. If Joey Votto could win the WS with Toronto, I'd root for him unless they played the Reds. If Nick Chubb went to an NFC team I'd root for him to win it all unless they played the Browns. Otherwise no.