A dark day for America

What kind of people rejoice about the loss of innocent life? and what "god" would promote killing people? I've studied both the islamic and muslim faiths in the past but I still can't comprehend it all. Bin Laden can't hide out very long. It is very apparent that he is the leading suspect in this situation. It's unreal...

I fly to Miami in 11 days. This is not what I needed
frown.gif

i feel the same way as you mcgal. this really was unbelievable. i hope it is over because we are already in enough shock.

i hope that we take them totally out and don't leave them in power like we did with hussein. this requires massive retaliation.

taking advantage of a tragedy

i read on the football board that a gas station is charging $5+ for a gallon of gas. this is just plain evil and they should throw them in jail for taking advantage of a bad situation.

What if we can't take "them" out? Who is this "them" we are talking about? What if they are so diffused that it takes months or years to find out who is responsible? What does the US do in the meantime? It's really not as clear cut as in 1941, when we knew what nation was responsible.

Thank you oldschool!

A voice of calm reason in a time of hysterical panic.

People, while it is looking more and more like bin laden was the culprit, we don't know who did it. Nor will we for a few days. How about we concentrate now on trying to find survivors and remembering the deceased? I'm sure the government will do everything in it's power to retaliate with force when they know WHO to retaliate to. "blowing the whole place to smithereens" and "nuking them" and all the other emotion-driven answers are not rational and would only cause more harm than good. Innocent lives were taken here and that's what most people take exception to. Why would we go and do the same without prejudice? Find out who did it. Strike back at the heart of the terror. Save as many innocent lives as possible. Show the world that we are better than them, but we will punish those who inflict harm on our people.

Tribute To The United States

I got this in an email forwarded to me, thought I would share it.

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud, America!

I must agree with MCGal. And it's time to let God handle the enemies. Right now we need to be supportive of Pres. Bush and our country and let him do his job. Throwing our anger back at these evil people only shows them that we are low as they are and although justice must be done, we need to think first and think sanely. There are so many people who need our help, blood, etc. and these are our fellow Americans. There are so many families that will never, ever be the same because of those terrorists and they must pay for their actions.
Dear God, Save our Country!!!!!

You're right, we all do need to pray. There is so much to pray for isn't there? So many innocent people suffering. It just makes me sick!!!!

Yes that is sad. Heard of a guy that said he was sorry for the price hike and he was planning on giving people rebates that paid $5.00 a gal. at his station.
Now how is he going to do that?
Everybody & their brother is going to say they were there!

As Americans we all need to be strong and not look for the easy or quick answer in dealing with this tragedy. We must be willing to show the kind of fortitude our ancestors showed in times of trial like the Great Depression and the World Wars.

Please go out and give blood...

Unless you have moral or religious objections please get out to your nearest Red Cross blood drive and give blood. This is the first and foremost way we can all help the families, rescuers and victims in NY and DC. I went to a blood drive yesterday. It may take some time (they're all pretty crowded right now), but it's time well spent.

My feelings are that my feelings don't matter in the slightest. Every player I heard interviewed or read an excerpt from said they didn't want to play. That's all that matters. Do you blame them for not wanting to fly to another city or be involved in a game that they have neither practiced for nor have their heart into? I don't...

I know this is bringing back a widely discussed issue..but this is in response to the new serious terrorist threat that has surfaced and its apparently has been taken more serious than any of the other threats after 9.11 ..This one involves apartment complexes and people out west are starting to panic a little (understandably so)..so how do we defend against this one since the White House was called out about being warned about 9.11 and weaseled their way out of that one.....any thoughts ?? (Move this one to the General Forum)

Last edited:
you dont...did you see the attractive young palestinean college educated woman that says she will be a human bomb now?....no way in western clothes would suspect this person of anything....what do you do with an enemy that will blow themselves up?....i really think everyone including smaller town people have to be more alert......it's too bad because i never wanted to see americans live in fear,but this is a ruthless enemy.........if you read into this deep enough the old russia had some diplomats kidnapped once by these folks and sent out the kgb.....it seems that the type of death they adminstered put the fear of allah in the terrorists for many years when it came to bothering russian tourists or diplomats....while not politically correct the russians tortured and casturated them,then left them on open garbage dumps in the middle east for all to see.....i dont think the new russia has the same resolve.......and god knows america would be chastised for any dirty pool we are "caught" doing....

Dog Corporation said:
...since the White House was called out about being warned about 9.11 and weaseled their way out of that one.....any thoughts ?? (Move this one to the General Forum)

Well here we go. I know I should keep my mouth shut about religion and politics but I just can't help myself sometimes. Dog Corporation I have respected your posts on this board forever. But you really hit a nerve on this one. So the White House has "weaseled their way out of that one...". I think it is a crime what the media and the Democrats are trying to insinuate.

Somewhere in the chain of command it does appear to be a screw up in the handling of specific memos. But to insinuate that our President and those close to him knew the World Trade Center disaster(or something like it) was going to happen I believe borders on criminal. What saddens me is that if we had a Democrat as president during this period the Republicans would probably be doing the samething.

I believe in our country. ANd I believe in a time of war it is treasonous to encounter in such attacks on our President just for political gain. It's an election year so the "spinmeisters" are going to twist and turn any information that is out there. But we should be united in fighting the terrorism that plagues our world today instead of playing politics to get more of your own people elected.

I love our freedoms and I know the first ammendment is very critical to those freedoms. But lately, I feel the 1st amendment is being abused constantly and the day of using some common sense in reporting has gone.

Like I said, there does appear to be some very critical mistakes in the communication process but to attempt to say that our leaders knew exactly what was going to happen is ludicrous.

Call me naive if you want but if this is true then we really do live in one screwed up world and we as human beings are in deeper sh1t then we all ever imagined.

Last edited:
masilon_sidlinr said:
....what do you do with an enemy that will blow themselves up?........

This dilemma brings back memories of how our Vietnam Vets were mis-treated when they came back from 'Nam. The things they witnessed and had to live with were beyond any war the US had fought in to date. It's easy to sit in our armchairs and make all kinds of Monday morning quarterback remarks about what our leadership and military did or does.

Walk a mile in their shoes and you'll quickly see that there are a lot of "ruthless" sick morons out to abolish the United States.

MoeDude said:

Well here we go. I know I should keep my mouth shut about religion and politics but I just can't help myself sometimes. Dog Corporation I have respected your posts on this board forever. But you really hit a nerve on this one. So the White House has "weaseled their way out of that one...". I think it is a crime what the media and the Democrats are trying to insinuate.

Somewhere in the chain of command it does appear to be a screw up in the handling of specific memos. But to insinuate that our President and those close to him knew the World Trade Center disaster(or something like it) was going to happen I believe borders on criminal. What saddens me is that if we had a Democrat as president during this period the Republicans would probably be doing the samething.

I believe in our country. ANd I believe in a time of war it is treasonous to encounter in such attacks on our President just for political gain. It's an election year so the "spinmeisters" are going to twist and turn any information that is out there. But we should be united in fighting the terrorism that plagues our world today instead of playing politics to get more of your own people elected.

I love our freedoms and I know the first ammendment is very critical to those freedoms. But lately, I feel the 1st amendment is being abused constantly and the day of using some common sense in reporting has gone.

Like I said, there does appear to be some very critical mistakes in the communication process but to attempt to say that our leaders knew exactly what was going to happen is ludicrous.

Call me naive if you want but if this is true then we really do live in one screwed up world and we as a human beings are in deeper sh1t then we all ever imagined.

AMEN....When will this nations attitude change from "me" to "we". The feelings of togetherness and patriotism didn't last long did they?

By God as my witness, if we had to fight WWII again we would lose. Too many people at the top care more about themselves and their own power than they do about this country and its people.

Want to know what you are dealing with? From the Hadith a collection of writings from Muhammed The Apostle.

"There is no deed which equals Jihad in reward That a single endeavor ( of fighting ) in Allah's cause in the forenoon or in the afternoon is better than the world and whatever is in it... that the only satisfaction a martyr could derive from coming back to earth would be so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he recieves ( from Allah ) Know that paradise is under the shade of swords that exposing their ( the non- muslims) women and children to danger is justified because as the prophet replied They are from them."

Also from the Koran, Defines war as a religous obligation for the faithful, Fight and slay the pagans.. (All non muslims are pagans )The punishment of those who wage war against God and his Apostle.

This is not the work of a FEW fanatics .

Dog Corporation said:
I know this is bringing back a widely discussed issue..but this is in response to the new serious terrorist threat that has surfaced and its apparently has been taken more serious than any of the other threats after 9.11 ..This one involves apartment complexes and people out west are starting to panic a little (understandably so)..so how do we defend against this one since the White House was called out about being warned about 9.11 and weaseled their way out of that one.....any thoughts ?? (Move this one to the General Forum)

You are letting yourself be fooled by the sensationalized media version of all of this "coverup" nonsense. Do you people realize that they get reports of threats like that EVERY DAY? If they told us every threat or warning they got, we'd live in fear so much it wouldn't be worth it. What do you want the government to have done when they were told "Bin Laden is planning a terrorist attack using a plane as a missle"? Stop all flights? Severely hamper or more like destroy the airline industry by putting every American considering flying in a state of panic? Let's be a little more realistic here.

MoeDude said:

Call me naive if you want but if this is true then we really do live in one screwed up world and we as human beings are in deeper sh1t then we all ever imagined.

Agreed. Glad to see some people aren't falling for the obvious slander attempt by the Democrats in the Congress and the over-sensationalization of the "warning" by the media.

I think this thing has potential to come back and bite the liberals in the a**. They will stop at nothing to get their own kind in the White House but nobody should underestimate the Republican Party.

The Clinton administration put this country in it's pre 9-11 position. (A watered down CIA with little ability to spy in foreign countries). It was talked about some after 9-11 but not that much. Methinks the Republican gloves could come off now.

It is equally ridiculous to blame the Bush administration for 9-11 as it was for the Clinton administration taking credit for years of economic stability. Both were products of the previous administration.

Bhudda said:
...Methinks the Republican gloves could come off now...

Buddha,

That's my point though. I have mixed feelings about what you are saying here. What good does it do us if the Republicans come out with their own "spin"? Instead we are all Americans and we need to quit this rediculous politicing and focus on who our enemy really is.

Maybe we should all be required to read more about the Muslim faith and find out what they truly believe. It is becoming more and more difficult to look at someone from that part of world without thinking they really hate America. Many people like to blame it on our foreign policies associated with oil. But I think this hatred runs deeper than that. I think this gets into the Christian vs. non-Christian belief structure that exists in our world. Which is what I have said all along. Religions are corrupt and they are getting worse by the day. How many Muslim leaders are strapping bombs to their own chest and making a statement?

As they say in Hinduism,

Everything you should do you will find in this;
Do nothing to others
That would hurt you if it were done to you.

MAHABHARTA 5:1517

And in Islamic,

None of you shall be true believers
Unless you wish for your brother
The same that you wish for yourself.

SUNNATT

I guess you have to look deeper in Islamic beliefs for the definition of "brother".

And Christianity,

In everything, do to others what
You would have them do to you,
For this sums up the law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12