#7Brookfield (8-2) @ #2Mogadore (9-1)

Mogadore QB went out and backup scored last TD on Run. Brookfield Big RB and QB are tough and giving the Wildcats fits. :27 left in the half and Brookfield is driving

Congratulations Mogadore! Blanked Brookfield in 2nd half. That team was basically 2 man team. Either #36 or the quarterback got the ball every down. Once Mogadore came out of halftime and made adjustments, game over. Wildcats protected the home field!! GO CATS!!!!

Congratulations Mogadore! Blanked Brookfield in 2nd half. That team was basically 2 man team. Either #36 or the quarterback got the ball every down. Once Mogadore came out of halftime and made adjustments, game over. Wildcats protected the home field!! GO CATS!!!!

Mogadore in recent history has been much better in the 2nd half of games. Credit goes to their depth and excellent coaching staff making adjustments during the break.

28-28 at half
Mogadore made adjustments on defense and blanked them 21-0 in the 2nd half.

Brookfield’s problem was their defense. The only 2 possessions Mogadore didn’t score a TD on were the two that ended the halves. Mogadore never punted and never turned the ball over.

Brookfield’s QB and the 260+ lb RB were great offensive players, and were nearly impossible to stop (well, for a half). But their defense really was not good.

Was interesting that the final score (49-28) was the exact same score as the NM Springfield/Brookfield game...

28-28 at half
Mogadore made adjustments on defense and blanked them 21-0 in the 2nd half.

Brookfield’s problem was their defense. The only 2 possessions Mogadore didn’t score a TD on were the two that ended the halves. Mogadore never punted and never turned the ball over.

Brookfield’s QB and the 260+ lb RB were great offensive players, and were nearly impossible to stop (well, for a half). But their defense really was not good.

Was interesting that the final score (49-28) was the exact same score as the NM Springfield/Brookfield game...

I thought the same thing about those two games having exactly the same score. I’m hoping that Mogadore and Springfield make the regional final.

Brookfield got wore down. The 4th down stop when Brookfield got it down inside the 10 trying to tie it up in the 3rd Quarter won Mogadore the game. It went about as I expected, Brookfield O would do fine but wouldn’t get a stop without turnovers. Mogadore is a machine as usual.

Look it is always the case. Mogadore is Mogadore because of coaching. This is always the case for any team on an level HS to the PROs. One only needs to look at the Browns and Steelers or Pats to see the disparity in coaching.

Just saw something on twitter.

Mogadore, as I said earlier, scored a TD on every drive (except the 2 that ended the halves).

7 TDS on 7 drives, but here’s the thing...
The 7 TDS were scored by 7 different players. What a team effort that was.

That can’t be something that happens often, 7 different kids score a TD in a game for the same team.

One was even the backup QB who had to finish the last drive before half due to the starter getting the wind knocked out of him.

To be honest that was a genius play call by the Mogadore Offensive Coordinator (Kinsey). Backup QB is in, so they run the power RB 2 or 3 plays in a row to the right, hurrying to the line as there is less than 2 min left until half.

After 2 or 3 runs to the right that totaled about 25 yards the OC has them run to the line again. However, I believe only him and the QB in the whole place knew what the play was. Fake the same run to the right and the backup QB runs a naked bootleg to the left. Both sidelines, both sets of fans, and both teams were dumbfounded and he was all alone for about 25 yards to a TD. Only two people were even on that side of the field, the WR and CB but it didn’t matter. Everyone was tackling our power back.

No one would have believed you were going to have your backup QB run a naked bootleg at that pressure point of the game. Everyone assumed you would stick to the running game while hurrying to the line to not eat clock.

It was a brilliant call.

Last edited:
mogadore just wore brookfield down in the second half. #36 came off the field a few times once he got to the sidelines he was on his knees and another time he just sat on the round. most of there players went both ways were as mogadore doesnt.. once again mogadore made nice adjustments after the half.

Per the tribune article, Brookfield’s qb injured his hand right before half which is why they didn’t throw after half

I saw him grabbing his hand the one time he got hit.

I believe that may have changed the final score, but not the final outcome. At the end of the day Brookfield had zero chance of ever stopping Mogadore from scoring a TD on a drive. 7 drives, 7 TDs. Brookfield may have scored another TD or so if he could throw, but the game was determined by the fact that Brookfield's defense just could not stop Mogadore, ever.

The Portage County Paper, Record Courier, article said it best, you can't lose a game if you score a TD on every possession.

Also, Mogadore managed to score a TD on a drive with their backup QB (our QB went out just before half, played 2nd half though). It was even the backup QB that scored the TD on that drive.

I saw him grabbing his hand the one time he got hit.

I believe that may have changed the final score, but not the final outcome. At the end of the day Brookfield had zero chance of ever stopping Mogadore from scoring a TD on a drive. 7 drives, 7 TDs. Brookfield may have scored another TD or so if he could throw, but the game was determined by the fact that Brookfield's defense just could not stop Mogadore, ever.

The Portage County Paper, Record Courier, article said it best, you can't lose a game if you score a TD on every possession.

Also, Mogadore managed to score a TD on a drive with their backup QB (our QB went out just before half, played 2nd half though). It was even the backup QB that scored the TD on that drive.

I agree. Brookfield wasn’t gonna get a stop unless Mogadore put the ball on the turf.