25 - 0 Score

Please, please NO. An open tournament is a much better format. The Divisions 1/2/3 are designed to address the advantage a larger school has over a smaller school.
I am guessing you have not been to too many first and second round games over the past 10 years. The disparity between the top teams and lower teams in every division is enormous. You can argue that the top teams can just play all their reserves but the reserves will beat these teams by 15 goals if allowed. It is simply not fun for either team.

If you want to keep an open tournament maybe require top 4 seeds to take a bye. At least would clean up some of the slaughters

I am guessing you have not been to too many first and second round games over the past 10 years. The disparity between the top teams and lower teams in every division is enormous. You can argue that the top teams can just play all their reserves but the reserves will beat these teams by 15 goals if allowed. It is simply not fun for either team.

If you want to keep an open tournament maybe require top 4 seeds to take a bye. At least would clean up some of the slaughters

Every region does seed differently, from what I can see. In the Northeast, each district seeds separately, whereas I see that in other regions, the seeding is across the whole region, so you end up with #3 seeds playing #20 seeds. In my son's particular region, for example, there were 12 teams, so the top 4 did get byes. You get some 8-0 scorelines in the second round (when a #1 or #2 seed plays the #8 or #7 seed), but often in the first round, there's competitive (albeit, probably not very good soccer) matchups.

Granted, in the Boardman example, their seedings weren't that far off (#7 vs. #10), so it does sound like Boardman was probably one or two spots lower than they should have been, but this coach decided that because they didn't get one of the byes, he was going to take it out on the other team? Classless. Then again, if the Canton McKinley team came in playing like they didn't want to be there, that's on them as well. They should have just opted out of the playoffs or forfeit the game in advance.

My last thought on this..... I see Bay was up 8-0 at the half on Cloverleaf.

Through some miracle they didn't score a single goal in the second half

My last thought on this..... I see Bay was up 8-0 at the half on Cloverleaf.

Through some miracle they didn't score a single goal in the second half

8 is their team's 'magic number'. Heard from one of the parents of a player on the team that once they get to 8, all the reserves go in and they stop trying to score. Look at their games this year - nothing more than an 8-0 win on their schedule. Heck, our team was somewhat proud that they kept them to 7-0 (and the starters were in most of the game).