23-24 SW Ohio

I was at the game. I did not see multiple incidents from the fan, but rather one big incident. The individual in question blew up on the official/yelled at him after a call he obviously disagreed with while sitting down/staying off the court. The referee then signaled to the AD to have him removed. When the AD came across the floor to have him physically removed, he then came out on to the floor himself, and blew up on the ref (did not touch him). The referee showed amazing composure. While leaving the floor, fan then kicked a garbage can full of trash over. That is how I remember it.
I just watched the video on the NFHS Network. They show most of the confrontations. (yes, the idiot left the bleachers three times and was within a step of the end line with his antics before he stepped onto the playng court.)

With the score 62-60 Mason there was a steal, a drive to the basket in transition which resulted in the shooter's momentum almost taking out the Lead Official. The official stayed with the play almost falling down an called a foul on the put-back by a Princeton player. The ball went in and the idiot immediately left his seat in the second row, stepped onto the floor and moved to within a step of the end line (6ft from the bleachers) signalling that the basket should count. He briefly moves back to the bleachers and turns around a second time moving again to within a step of the end line voicing his opinion of the play. The calling official was unaware of the ball entering the basket until the new Lead Official informed her of this fact. The calling official then signaled a successful goal.......

Meanwhile with the idiot still out of the bleachers the new Lead Official motions for him to get his backside back in the bleachers..... which he does (there is another fan on the floor about halfway to the endline that the video briefly picks up as well)

As regulation ends on a well short field goal attempt, you can see the idiot again out of the bleachers standing on the floor. As the official who made the foul call on Mason's 3pt attempt goes to his spot along the free throw lane (low block) in front of Princeton's bench, you can see the idiot move towards him while motioning with his hands and verbally berating him. The idiot then moves to within a step of the end line and the official turns away and motions for game management to have the idiot removed. Instead of leaving as directed, the idiot does an end around past the game manager, comes onto the floor at the low block and gets within a foot of the official.

It's then, that the feed on this game moves away from the activity.

This guy should be permanently banned from any high school event. The fact that the idiot did not touch the official is irrelevant.

I just watched the video on the NFHS Network. They show most of the confrontations. (yes, the idiot left the bleachers three times and was within a step of the end line with his antics before he stepped onto the playng court.)

With the score 62-60 Mason there was a steal, a drive to the basket in transition which resulted in the shooter's momentum almost taking out the Lead Official. The official stayed with the play almost falling down an called a foul on the put-back by a Princeton player. The ball went in and the idiot immediately left his seat in the second row, stepped onto the floor and moved to within a step of the end line (6ft from the bleachers) signalling that the basket should count. He briefly moves back to the bleachers and turns around a second time moving again to within a step of the end line voicing his opinion of the play. The calling official was unaware of the ball entering the basket until the new Lead Official informed her of this fact. The calling official then signaled a successful goal.......

Meanwhile with the idiot still out of the bleachers the new Lead Official motions for him to get his backside back in the bleachers..... which he does (there is another fan on the floor about halfway to the endline that the video briefly picks up as well)

As regulation ends on a well short field goal attempt, you can see the idiot again out of the bleachers standing on the floor. As the official who made the foul call on Mason's 3pt attempt goes to his spot along the free throw lane (low block) in front of Princeton's bench, you can see the idiot move towards him while motioning with his hands and verbally berating him. The idiot then moves to within a step of the end line and the official turns away and motions for game management to have the idiot removed. Instead of leaving as directed, the idiot does an end around past the game manager, comes onto the floor at the low block and gets within a foot of the official.

It's then, that the feed on this game moves away from the activity.

This guy should be permanently banned from any high school event. The fact that the idiot did not touch the official is irrelevant.
Why is it irrelevant? Even though I think the calls were questionable, I do agree with you the fan should be banned, but more importantly I am happy the referee was not injured. I certainly would not want to see a fan assault any official. That is why I stated he did not touch him (I initially thought he was going to PHYSICALLY assault him). I am sure most in attendance thought the exact same thing about the irate fan coming onto the court.

Again, just what I SAW, and MY OPINION from being at the game and not seeing the incident on video yet.

Last edited:
Why is it irrelevant?
Any fan leaving the stands to confront an official in any way should lose their ability to attend any type of event of this sort ever again.

That's the only way this crap will stop.

Obviously, the "sportsmanship plea" cited before every game now had zero effect..... Go figure.

Any fan leaving the stands to confront an official in any way should lose their ability to attend any type of event of this sort ever again.

That's the only way this crap will stop.

Obviously, the "sportsmanship plea" cited before every game now had zero effect..... Go figure.

Attachments

• Ty6rf .jpg
    Ty6rf .jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 160
Wondering if the is a Vikings fan . If so he should be banned from all sporting events involving the Vikings for the remainder of school year . But the administration at Princeton will over look this behavior and probably give him a Lincoln Hts throwback jersey.

Wondering if the is a Vikings fan . If so he should be banned from all sporting events involving the Vikings for the remainder of school year . But the administration at Princeton will over look this behavior and probably give him a Lincoln Hts throwback jersey.
The GMC Conference should step in and ban him from any event they are a part of.

What? What are you insinuating?

I’m insinuating that the school board ,principal, coaches, Ad , will over look this like normal . Very disappointed with school district on how they handling things right now.

Additional photos have surfaced of confrontation with fan being restrained and remnants of his kicking garbage can on way out of gym
Just not a good look

Here’s to moving on to seeing more competitive games without fan interference

12/23 Mason@Bellbrook (possibly biggest HOME game ever for Bellbrook)
Especially after blowout loss to MND
Interesting to see how Mason responds on the road after Princeton heartbreaking loss
12/29 MND@Princeton
Can MND prove they ARE back and Fladung was definitely the correct hire?

IMG_0834.jpeg
IMG_0836.jpeg
IMG_0835.jpeg

MND (9-0) beat Beavercreek last night 46-27. Beavercreek has beaten Mason to start the season and Fairmont on Wednesday. The showdown with Princeton next week should be a good one. The Mason vs Bellbrook game today could be interesting.

1. Princeton
2. MND
3. Springboro
4. Mason
5. Lakota East

The ECC is anyone’s guess. I have several ECC teams in the 6-10 range.

I don't really expect Mason and Bellbrook to be a real close game. Mason seems to have found their rhythm and Bellbrook's record is misleading.

Mason by 15-20 points.

MND @ Princeton should be great game. I'll give the edge to Princeton since it's a home game for them.

Give Princeton some credit for scheduling out of conference games - Winton Woods, MND, two good Tennessee teams, Magnificat. Combine that with a few tough GMC games and they'll be tested by tournament time.

Kinda curious to know what everyones top ten in SW D1 looks like right now. I think mine right now would be:

1. Princeton
2. MND
3. Springboro
4. Mason
5. Winton Woods
6. Lakota East
7. West Clermont
8. Milford
9. Lakota West
10. Kings

I don't really expect Mason and Bellbrook to be a real close game. Mason seems to have found their rhythm and Bellbrook's record is misleading.

Mason by 15-20 points.

MND @ Princeton should be great game. I'll give the edge to Princeton since it's a home game for them.

Give Princeton some credit for scheduling out of conference games - Winton Woods, MND, two good Tennessee teams, Magnificat. Combine that with a few tough GMC games and they'll be tested by tournament time.
I was wrong on the margin of victory, but Mason did win.

Kinda curious to know what everyones top ten in SW D1 looks like right now. I think mine right now would be:

1. Princeton
2. MND
3. Springboro
4. Mason
5. Winton Woods
6. Lakota East
7. West Clermont
8. Milford
9. Lakota West
10. Kings

Princeton, MND and Springboro seem to be clear top 3 right now.

Maybe Winton Woods isn't as good as we thought?

Not sure about West Clermont. Beat Winton Woods one night, lose to Walnut a few days later.

We will see soon on Lakota East. Mason and Princeton coming up in the next few weeks.

Milford seems to be a top 2-3 ECC team for sure.

Lakota West is anyone's guess. They haven't beat a quality team yet.

Kings will go as far as Ingram takes them.

If we are putting West Clermont, Milford and Kings this high, then Lebanon is right behind.

I think Fairmont is somewhere in the mix by the end of the year.

Princeton, MND and Springboro seem to be clear top 3 right now.

Maybe Winton Woods isn't as good as we thought?

Not sure about West Clermont. Beat Winton Woods one night, lose to Walnut a few days later.

We will see soon on Lakota East. Mason and Princeton coming up in the next few weeks.

Milford seems to be a top 2-3 ECC team for sure.

Lakota West is anyone's guess. They haven't beat a quality team yet.

Kings will go as far as Ingram takes them.

If we are putting West Clermont, Milford and Kings this high, then Lebanon is right behind.

I think Fairmont is somewhere in the mix by the end of the year.
Agree on everything. Lebanon would probably be 11 right now and Fairmont right there with everyone else. I think outside of the top few there are a lot similar teams that can win or lose on any given night to each other.

Gerton had her way with MND last week. MND didn't play poorly, they just couldn't stop Princeton.

No other real notable games in the past week but things will pick up again soon.

Gerton had her way with MND last week. MND didn't play poorly, they just couldn't stop Princeton.
Looking at the box score, 3 quarters were basically even with the score tied at half. What were the differences in the 3rd where Princeton outscored MND by 12.

Was checking Lakota East schedule since they played only game vs Princeton LY after seeding Sunday, to see if the same scenario takes place this season. It does not.
Found something else very interesting.

Does anyone know why GMC didn't change their schedule this season?

Each team plays seven (7) teams 2 times and 2 teams only once. 16 total conference games.
The 2 teams played once USUALLY (every season but this year) change every year.
This season GMC kept same 2 individual games the same as last season AND kept them at same venue.
Didn't even switch venues.

Lakota East and Princeton play only once this season, same as last season, and yet both years the game is @ Princeton?
WEAK WEAK WEAK scheduling effort by GMC, could they explain away that laziness?
Princeton played Mason once in 21-22 @ Princeton. Mason win 54-47.
Princeton will play East once in 22-23 (Princeton win 63-58) and 23-24 (Fri 1/19) seasons both games @ Princeton.

Not real fair to East???

Each team plays seven (7) teams 2 times and 2 teams only once. 16 total conference games.
Interesting that the girls GMC basketball plays 16 conference games and in volleyball, they only play everyone once - why is that? There are the same number of regular season games/matches.

Does East need the concession stand money that bad. The game wont affect league standings where it’s being played at.

Does East need the concession stand money that bad. The game wont affect league standings where it’s being played at.
Was there any mention about $$$$ anywhere?
Name any HS Girls BB team that doesn’t play better at Home

”wont affect league standings where it’s being played at” 🤯🤯🤯

My point is not going to matter. The lady Vikes will have the league title wrapped up by then. You’re making a big deal over a scheduled that all athletics directors approve. So apparently East athletics director didn’t care.

I’m insinuating that the school board ,principal, coaches, Ad , will over look this like normal . Very disappointed with school district on how they handling things right now.
First off, what would you like the coach to do? Stop coaching in the middle of the game to address the situation. Her job is to coach, not baby sit fans in the middle of the season/middle of a game.

The high school is a 4 and a HALF (4.5) star out of 5 ***** school in terms of academic state of OHIO rating.

That is not by mistake, rather by design. The high school principal runs a TIGHT SHIP. He is the BEST principal in DECADES. That means behavior is great, kids are in line with the school mission, and have pride in what it means to be a Viking. They walk to class with a purpose, follow expectations and standards. In terms of athletics, the major sports are doing well for the most part. All in all, it is a good time to be a Viking.

Your insinuation about the school board, principal, coaches and AD is WAY OUT OF LINE and FALSE. One incident does not define an entire district or school. Unless you want to give examples of your insinuation, your words carry zero meaning.

Last edited:
Big win for Mason over Lakota East last night. A few big games tonight in the ECC as the top 4 teams play each other. Lebanon plays Winton Woods and Milford plays West Clermont.

A coaching friend of mine has this list being close to the Max Preps rating after the games of 1/3/24---of course the first official list comes from OHSAA on 1/10/24:

"Here is the MaxPreps rankings as of some games last night.
Also, found out this week that all out of state games will not count towards the rankings."

1Mount Notre Dame
2Princeton
3Winton Woods
4Mason
5West Clermont
6Milford
7Lebanon
8Kings
9Lakota East
10Lakota West
11Goshen
12Walnut Hills
13Western Brown
14Harrison
15Oak Hills
16Ross
17Turpin
18Seton
19Fairfield
20St. Ursula
21Loveland
22Mt. Healthy
23Sycamore
24Middletown
25Monroe
26Little Miami
27Talawanda
28Edgewood
29Ursuline
30Withrow
31Hamilton
32Anderson
33Northwest
34Colerain
35Western Hills

A coaching friend of mine has this list being close to the Max Preps rating after the games of 1/3/24---of course the first official list comes from OHSAA on 1/10/24:

"Here is the MaxPreps rankings as of some games last night.
Also, found out this week that all out of state games will not count towards the rankings."

1Mount Notre Dame
2Princeton
3Winton Woods
4Mason
5West Clermont
6Milford
7Lebanon
8Kings
9Lakota East
10Lakota West
11Goshen
12Walnut Hills
13Western Brown
14Harrison
15Oak Hills
16Ross
17Turpin
18Seton
19Fairfield
20St. Ursula
21Loveland
22Mt. Healthy
23Sycamore
24Middletown
25Monroe
26Little Miami
27Talawanda
28Edgewood
29Ursuline
30Withrow
31Hamilton
32Anderson
33Northwest
34Colerain
35Western Hills
Make that make sense? Everyone wanted the RpI and no one did their homework when accepting it. Princeton hasn't lost to anyone inside of Ohio and beat MND head to head but is ranked lower? Has wins against #1, #3, and #4.

The out of state discarding of games is an issue too. Princeton gets no credit for playing Clarksville Christian and Dyersburg from TN and Niagara Prep from ? MND gets no credit for playing Cooper and Ryle? Purcell and Pickerington Central play out of town holiday tournaments. Mason plays the #3 team from Michigan next week. You can't tell me those are just thrown to the wind? What's the incentive to schedule those in the future?

I think there is a clear top 4 in Cincinnati and then there's a drop off:

1. Princeton
Then I think the MND, Winton Woods, Mason debate gets settled over the next 2 weeks when they play.

I don't see the other ECC schools challenging for sectionals. Someone is going to be unfortunate to see Lakota East who I think is truly the 5th best team in Cincinnati regardless of record (single digit losses to Mason, MND, Alter, Springboro, and Pick Central). Mason out-shot them 32-8 at the line last night and fouls were 22-7 while East played bad and still kept it close. But due to the RPI they'll be 9 or 10 even though they'd beat WC, Milford, and Lebanon easily. Think they'd be comfortable going after Mason or Winton Woods in the tourney and challenging for a sectional.

Make that make sense? Everyone wanted the RpI and no one did their homework when accepting it. Princeton hasn't lost to anyone inside of Ohio and beat MND head to head but is ranked lower? Has wins against #1, #3, and #4.

The out of state discarding of games is an issue too. Princeton gets no credit for playing Clarksville Christian and Dyersburg from TN and Niagara Prep from ? MND gets no credit for playing Cooper and Ryle? Purcell and Pickerington Central play out of town holiday tournaments. Mason plays the #3 team from Michigan next week. You can't tell me those are just thrown to the wind? What's the incentive to schedule those in the future?

I think there is a clear top 4 in Cincinnati and then there's a drop off:

1. Princeton
Then I think the MND, Winton Woods, Mason debate gets settled over the next 2 weeks when they play.

I don't see the other ECC schools challenging for sectionals. Someone is going to be unfortunate to see Lakota East who I think is truly the 5th best team in Cincinnati regardless of record (single digit losses to Mason, MND, Alter, Springboro, and Pick Central). Mason out-shot them 32-8 at the line last night and fouls were 22-7 while East played bad and still kept it close. But due to the RPI they'll be 9 or 10 even though they'd beat WC, Milford, and Lebanon easily. Think they'd be comfortable going after Mason or Winton Woods in the tourney and challenging for a sectional.
I think your crazy to say Lakota East would beat WC, Milford, or Lebanon easily. I think all three of those games could go either way and would make for good matchups. Do not forget Milford played WW close, Lebanon played Mason close who just beat East by around the same amount they beat Lebanon by and WC beat WW. I like East a lot but do not count out the ECC.

I think your crazy to say Lakota East would beat WC, Milford, or Lebanon easily. I think all three of those games could go either way and would make for good matchups. Do not forget Milford played WW close, Lebanon played Mason close who just beat East by around the same amount they beat Lebanon by and WC beat WW. I like East a lot but do not count out the ECC.
If the game last night was reffed decently, East beats Mason. And they had Pickerington Central beat late. I'm saying they're battle tested and deeper than those ECC teams. Regardless those 5-9 teams aren't in the same class as 1-4. Princeton, MND, Mason, and Winton Woods/Springboro should be the regional semi-finals. And if you asked those ECC teams one team ranked below them they wouldn't want to play in a sectional semi-final, there's no way the answer isn't East.

If the game last night was reffed decently, East beats Mason. And they had Pickerington Central beat late. I'm saying they're battle tested and deeper than those ECC teams. Regardless those 5-9 teams aren't in the same class as 1-4. Princeton, MND, Mason, and Winton Woods/Springboro should be the regional semi-finals. And if you asked those ECC teams one team ranked below them they wouldn't want to play in a sectional semi-final, there's no way the answer isn't East.
I think that’s definitely fair. East definitely looks like the most underrated team in the rpi besides Princeton who should 100 percent be number one like you said. I think your semi regional final prediction is right too barring injuries or just an upset but East is a team along with those ECC teams that I think can shock one of the top 4 besides Princeton if they play very well and the top 4 team plays poorly.

Hate to be the ref guy, but watching the game on Youtube and the officiating was rough, particularly in 2nd half. 32 free throws to 8? Stopping a fast break to call a backcourt violation on the wrong team? The taller, younger ref was clearly newer and was not real ready to officiate that game.