23/24 CHL Baseball thread

Reading is the surprise imo.

1-7 over all. Granted two 2 run losses and two 1 run losses
it looks like the league will come down to IH vs. Wyoming at the end of the year... those should be fun to watch. Reading is a huge surprise, but they can still turn things around, although it looks unlikely that they will have a shot at winning the league with 2 CHL losses now.

Reading’s season has been a real surprise so far. They lost a couple really good players from last year but the drop off has been much more than expected.
Wyoming beat them again on Wednesday 11-3. The Cowboys lost Senior Aiden Pippin for the season due to injury. They will miss his bat in the lineup. He was an RBI machine and his BA was near the top of the league.
Right now, it looks to be a 2 dog race with IH and Wyoming. IH is better top to bottom and will most likely win the league again this year.

Reading’s season has been a real surprise so far. They lost a couple really good players from last year but the drop off has been much more than expected.
Wyoming beat them again on Wednesday 11-3. The Cowboys lost Senior Aiden Pippin for the season due to injury. They will miss his bat in the lineup. He was an RBI machine and his BA was near the top of the league.
Right now, it looks to be a 2 dog race with IH and Wyoming. IH is better top to bottom and will most likely win the league again this year.
I agree I did not think this years Reading team would be sitting at 2-10 and at the bottom of the CHL standings.
Looks like both FT games were postponed b/c of weather. and they still have DP twice. their matchups w/taylor on paper should be good games as well. Connor Davis hasnt pitched yet this year (i am assuming injured?) and his offensive #'s arent where they were last year I am sure thats hurting them.

A big surprise for Taylor has been Senior Jaylen Howard He is hitting .462 !

that was DP's 1st win over Wyoming in baseball since 2017! that right there is why you play the game!

that was DP's 1st win over Wyoming in baseball since 2017! that right there is why you play the game!
Wonder what the vibe was in the Wyoming locker room after that LOL.

The randomness of baseball is what makes it fun to watch imo. A guy can be a sub .200 hitter and just have a game where he throws the bat out and ends up 3-3 and he's the reason you win.

Wonder what the vibe was in the Wyoming locker room after that LOL.

The randomness of baseball is what makes it fun to watch imo. A guy can be a sub .200 hitter and just have a game where he throws the bat out and ends up 3-3 and he's the reason you win.
LOL i mean Wyoming WAS 11-0 and actually ranked in PBR top power 25 rankings for all of D1-4 . not sure they will be next week or not.

With the season winding down, anyone have predictions for POY? Stevens from wyo and Rinala from IH are probably the two most likely, but I could see it being someone else as well. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the IH Wyoming series this week

I think Rinala has it on lock. 1.44 ERA, 5 wins on the mound. He also has a .473 BA. I think if Rinala didn't pitch, Stevens would have the edge.

With the season winding down, anyone have predictions for POY? Stevens from wyo and Rinala from IH are probably the two most likely, but I could see it being someone else as well. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the IH Wyoming series this week
Its Rinala IMO. maybe stevens steals a vote.

Stevens .567 , 2 HR , 16 RBI , 9 SB ---- 2-1 7.32 ERA 9k 's

Rinala .473 , 19 RBI , 32 SB ----- 5-0 1.441 ERA 37 k's
Rinala w/a signature performance vs MOE 6 IP 3 ER 2K's not bad vs #1 in state.

Tourney time is here~
#18 finneytown vs #19 Georgetown
#16 Deer Park vs #11 clark
#9 Mariemont vs #12 Purcell
#7 madeira vs #13 CNE

#11 taylor vs #5 CHCA
#4 Wyoming vs #12 Norwood
#10 Reading vs #3 Batavia
#2 Indian Hill vs #13 Hughes

looking ahead I think IH gets out. may have a good one vs bellbrook BUT their common opponent is Ross. IH beat ross 11-6 while Bellbrook lost to Ross twice.

Dont let Reading be a sleeper to knock off Batavia either. If Connor Davis throws that game could be a good one.
Wyoming vs Badin could happen as well but Badin is too deep IMO

Its worth noting the Career Jayce Parsons has had at Deer Park!

kid is a pretty good all around athlete.

Baseball
4 year varsity starter
2024 - .500 1 HR 13 RBI He hit over .300 his freshmen and sophomore year as well

Indian Hill will be a problem in the tournament for other teams this year
I can see IH going very far if the bats continue to hit as well as they are and if their arms stay healthy.

I think the team to watch out of the CHL, at least for the first couple of rounds, is Reading. Big upset potential with Hess and Davis on the mound against Batavia. Not sure how they will do after that but they are a very scary 10 seed to have drawn.

I can see IH going very far if the bats continue to hit as well as they are and if their arms stay healthy.

I think the team to watch out of the CHL, at least for the first couple of rounds, is Reading. Big upset potential with Hess and Davis on the mound against Batavia. Not sure how they will do after that but they are a very scary 10 seed to have drawn.
Taylor knocked them off yesterday. (game got moved to Midland) Reading was 7-2 in their last 9.

Not sure why they didn't throw Davis , He last pitched Sat vs Mariemont and had 11 K's in 6 innings.
Reading has Finneytown the next 2 and should be able to handle them pretty easily.

If you throw Davis today or Tomorrow and go 90+ w/him he most likely isn't ready for Batavia on Tuesday. Unless they plan on giving him the rest until Tuesday anyway? I don't see the need for his arm vs FT at all.

Wyoming with a HUGE upset against IH last night. I wonder what happened especially two days after they beat them 18-0. Is IH really that good?

Wyoming with a HUGE upset against IH last night. I wonder what happened especially two days after they beat them 18-0. Is IH really that good?
IH is as advertised. when RInala is on the mound IH is one of the best d2 teams in the state.

IH's underclassmen pitching lines are below

Egnaczk (sophomore) 12 IP 2-0 15 k's 1.11 ERA
J. Liebel (sophomore) 14 IP 2-0 13 K's 2.39 ERA
Sichel (sophomore) 17 IP 2-0 18 k's 1.62 ERA

One of their better arms (Devlin) didnt throw all year either. you add him to their mix next year as well.

props to Wyoming , but the game didnt mean anything as IH already had the league wrapped up

Rinala threw a NO hitter in the 18-0 win

---------------

Sat, IH committed 5 errors and only had 3 hits. Liebel gave up 6 runs BUT only 1 was earned.
Looks like bot of the 6th the wheels may have fell off for IH. They were leading 3-0 and Wyoming scored 7 in the bot half.

Last edited:
Prediction ...........Results

1) IH.............................1) IH
2) Wyoming..............2) Wyoming
3) Reading................3) Madeira
4) Mariemont..........4) Reading
5) Madeira..............5) Mariemont
6) Taylor...................6) Taylor
7) Deer Park...........7) Deer Park
8) Finneytown.........8) Finney town

Yes, IH is that good especially when the lefty is on the mound. They played very sloppy against Wyoming in the 2nd game but it's not like they weren't trying to win. They threw one of their top arms and the lineup was intact. They only managed 3 hits against Wyoming in the 2nd game so props to Wyoming for getting off the mat and getting the season split. The post season should be fun to watch!

Tourney time is here~
#18 finneytown vs #19 Georgetown
#16 Deer Park vs #11 clark
#9 Mariemont vs #12 Purcell
#7 madeira vs #13 CNE

#11 taylor vs #5 CHCA
#4 Wyoming vs #12 Norwood
#10 Reading vs #3 Batavia
#2 Indian Hill vs #13 Hughes

looking ahead I think IH gets out. may have a good one vs bellbrook BUT their common opponent is Ross. IH beat ross 11-6 while Bellbrook lost to Ross twice.

Dont let Reading be a sleeper to knock off Batavia either. If Connor Davis throws that game could be a good one.
Wyoming vs Badin could happen as well but Badin is too deep IMO

FT beat Georgetown 10-0 in 6 innings on Monday. They play @ #3 Bethel-Tate tomorrow.