Tol. St. Francis 9/24
Mass. Jackson 9/28
St. Benedicts (NJ) 10/1
Chaminade (NJ) 10/3
WRA 10/5
Calvert (MD) 10/8
St. Edward 10/12
Dublin Jerome 10/15

Which of these schools can snap the Cats' winning streak?

Last edited:

100 years from now, I have no idea what the team makeup will be (your thread title). ;)

You have to assume that the St. Benedict's game will be their toughest. I'm guessing it's on the road, as I think the last time they played them it was in Cleveland?

WRA will be tough this year - not Ignatius level, but very good. They lost very few players from last year's team.

Road games will be @
Jesuit Cup (Toledo)
Columbus St. Charles
Shaker Heights
St. Benedict's (Newark NJ)
Chaminade (Mineola NY - Long Island)
St. Edward
Dublin Jerome

Soccer Cats have a 2-0 lead over Avon Lake at the half. I think the Cats age going for their 58th consecutive victory. Real early prediction: Spicer of Ignatius will be the POY in Ohio.

Ignatius 5 Avon Lake 0

Wildcats tie Dayton Carroll's record of 68 consecutive matches without a loss. And they increase their state record for consecutive victories to 58.

Ignatius 5 Avon Lake 0

Wildcats tie Dayton Carroll's record of 68 consecutive matches without a loss. And they increase their state record for consecutive victories to 58.
Didn’t realize these records were on the line during state championship game overtime!

Has St Ignatius ever played Toledo St. John's Jesuit? If so, was the game close or generally a blow out?

Centerville plays them on Saturday.

Last edited:
Noticed on two different national ranking sites that obviously St Ignatius is number one and surprisingly, Centerville is ranked 10th with only 7 returning starters. Maybe we'll see a Finals rematch.

Noticed on two different national ranking sites that obviously St Ignatius is number one and surprisingly, Centerville is ranked 10th with only 7 returning starters. Maybe we'll see a Finals rematch.
Returning 7 starters is actually an abnormally high number, especially for a team that played so heroically in the state final against an undefeated, untied national championship St. Ignatius team that I believe Coach McLaughlin called the best he's ever coached...but I agree that the #10 ranking is surprisingly lofty if not undeserved. Kudos to both programs!

After a six-day stay in the hospital for covid/pneaumonia, I'm ready to report on the Ignatius-Mason game. The Mason JV's beat the Cats 2-1 on two late goals. Now to see if the varsity Cats can live up to their national ranking.

Very cool to see Mason play against Ignatius, on the road no less. Are these the only two D1 programs in the state that have ever boasted undefeated state and fall national championship seasons? I have no idea, but would imagine that's likely the case.