Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I don’t know much outside of football and basketball. But didn’t Woodmore struggle to compete in the NBC? Elmwood had 1-2 good years in football? I thought those two programs were consistently bottom feeders in the league. Am I wrong?
Id argue that both Elmwood and Woodmore, over all athletics and genders, competed quite well in the NBC. I think the Woodmore girls track team won State as recently as 2022. Both did fine. Woodmore a bottom feeder in football, but I think their hazing scandal set that program back years. Putting it simply........neither Woodmore or Elmwood was failing in the NBC enough to leave the league.

Oak Harbor has the talent and depth to stay on top
Eastwood and Genoa next based on the strength of their program
Maumee can they jump up based on incoming talent and coaches progression with the program
Otsego what can Rutherford do in his first year?
Not a lot of insight into the bottom three
Lake
Fostoria
Rossford

Maumee can they jump up based on incoming talent and coaches progression with the program
Lake
Fostoria
Rossford
Oak Harbor will be at the top. Fostoria will be at the bottom, 2-7 will be a mixed bag. Lots of beating each other. Otsego is a dark horse to finish 2nd in the league

Lake
Fostoria
Rossford
Genoa down. Book it

Any names on the Woodmore job? What does each teams staff look like?
Lynn Groll of Black Swamp Football usually has a lot of good information. Sometimes he takes a little time to respond or misses some emails, but if you keep on him, he's usually pretty good about getting the information out.

Lynn Groll of Black Swamp Football usually has a lot of good information. Sometimes he takes a little time to respond or misses some emails, but if you keep on him, he's usually pretty good about getting the information out.
I did, but thank you he is very good at getting info out to the public, I tried looking on twitter and I found nothing but I may have a idea on who it could be, but I think it all depends on how some of the levys go for tomorrow.

I know this is the NBC thread. But for a program that has struggled over the years, the admin is really putting them at a disadvantage for the next season at Woodmore. By the time the new coach gets his staff together, meets the kids, sets a calendar, does his rounds, etc. It will be well into April. Leaving you maybe a month and some change before things get started in the summer. Programs in the area or other first year head coaches have several months on you from the jump. Hard to have any type of lifting program when you are hired in late March (even if they have been lifting through an assistant/other sport) or even getting to know your players, coaches and implement a new system(s). Kind of crazy to me. Feel for the seniors.
100% agree

They have a new head coach should be announced tomorrow, I wonder if it was someone from there staff or someone from a staff from the nbc? What do you guys think

Last I heard Billy Fischer is transitioning to calling the offense and is going to hire a new DC. They are going to transition to the spread. Otsego will likely be the only true Wing T team.
Which makes no sense. Otsego through all grade levels has been running crazy 4 wide formations for years, switching to a Wing T is going to be a bumpy change.

Id argue that both Elmwood and Woodmore, over all athletics and genders, competed quite well in the NBC. I think the Woodmore girls track team won State as recently as 2022. Both did fine. Woodmore a bottom feeder in football, but I think their hazing scandal set that program back years. Putting it simply........neither Woodmore or Elmwood was failing in the NBC enough to leave the league.
Disagree hard here. Woodmore and Elmwood have been doormats for years, and since your best players typically are football/basketball/baseball it affected all of those. Elmwood had a nice bounce back in recent years, but it'd been 15 years since they'd done anything worth a dang. Participation was getting so low that Woodmore was in jeopardy of losing their program as I believe they could no longer put together a JV team. In a conference with Eastwood, Genoa and Oak Harbor that's bad news.

That's why girls sports weren't affected as much. I know both AD's at Woodmore & Elmwood, I can confirm they needed out badly over there at Woodmore.

Last edited:
Which makes no sense. Otsego through all grade levels has been running crazy 4 wide formations for years, switching to a Wing T is going to be a bumpy change.
I honestly think the transition will help them stay in games. The ability to control the ball and play good defense will keep them in games if they can stay on schedule offensively. 2020 and 2021 were outlier years for them where they were very athletic. The last two years they beat the teams they should have. Last year, they had some lopsided scores as they were often "out athleted" and really only beat the lesser teams. You can argue that about 2022 as well, but they did have a battle with a very good LC team that year. This next year will have growing pains, I'm sure. I anticipate those games to be much closer in a Wing T offense than it would be in a spread offense without much to speak of for athletes.

This next year should really start to show how the conference is going to align for years to come with the additions of Oak Harbor and Maumee after losing two bottom feeders in the league. I think Maumee only trends up. Fostoria will continue to be a basement dweller. The bottom dweller debate is really interesting to me. Who joins them there? I think that will be a battle between Rossford, Otsego, and Lake. I give Otsego the best chance to stay out of that proverbial basement as I believe they have the best staff of those 3. At the top, Oak Harbor. Eastwood, Genoa, and Maumee will battle for position behind them.

I’m pretty positive that isn’t the reason he left Woodmore. He was asked to resign before going to Maumee
Because of the lack of success football wise or were there other reasons? I feel like Woodmore is going to be a tough place to turn around the program. They made the right move leaving the NBC though, so they are on the right track.

Because of the lack of success football wise or were there other reasons? I feel like Woodmore is going to be a tough place to turn around the program. They made the right move leaving the NBC though, so they are on the right track.
Lack of success unfortunately. Not his fault at all. I would say 90% of high school coaches couldn’t win at Woodmore.

Most schools don't realize that administrative support plays a huge role in the success of a program. Obviously, academics come first, but having good athletic programs fosters academic success in student athletes.
While what you say is true, it seems, given the context, you are insinuating that Woodmore has had a lack of administrative support? If so, based on what? thanks.

While what you say is true, it seems, given the context, you are insinuating that Woodmore has had a lack of administrative support? If so, based on what? thanks.
Based on the fact that their football program is in the dumps. I don't know anything about Woodmore other than that. If your school and community hold the program in high regard and make it a priority, the program will be at least mildly successful. Woodmore's program is not that. Therefore, I infer that the administration and community do not give the support necessary for them to be successful. Maybe the mindset has changed recently.

Based on the fact that their football program is in the dumps. I don't know anything about Woodmore other than that. If your school and community hold the program in high regard and make it a priority, the program will be at least mildly successful. Woodmore's program is not that. Therefore, I infer that the administration and community do not give the support necessary for them to be successful. Maybe the mindset has changed recently.

Supports there. Solid community. Good people in charge. Unfortunately their best athletes have left to pursue other avenues and then they are just left with some not so good athletes trying to fulfill roles.

Weiland, Sandwisch, Bench, Parker, and Might (maybe even missing another few) all were all-Ohio football players. You just don’t replace those kids at Woodmore.

Look at basketball team at Woodmore. One “good” year in the last 10 seasons. Talents just not there

Supports there. Solid community. Good people in charge. Unfortunately their best athletes have left to pursue other avenues and then they are just left with some not so good athletes trying to fulfill roles.

Weiland, Sandwisch, Bench, Parker, and Might (maybe even missing another few) all were all-Ohio football players. You just don’t replace those kids at Woodmore.

Look at basketball team at Woodmore. One “good” year in the last 10 seasons. Talents just not there
1711559414452.png
I took a look at the Woodmore contract via the Ohio State Employment Relations Board website and it seems they only have 3 paid coaching positions for their high school football program. This does not scream support to me.