Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I get what you're saying, but some of these schools reached a point where they could not reasonably compete in the league in almost every sport. Right now the tops of the NWOAL & NBC can compete with the big boys of the MAC, the past two years Liberty Center has knocked out Coldwater. We've just seen an incredible imbalance develop over the last 20 years because of this, and it's just proven to be too high of a hill to climb.
Like swanton they haven’t competed in a while. They had good coaches like vicars, and the coach from 2017 that took them to playoffs but I feel like they need to involve the the younger kids a little more. It’s how I would run a program because you gotta build it up for it to be consistent. Like otsego back in the 2020 season they all the seniors played together and built a culture. I understand that sometimes younger kids don’t see it being a big deal but if they realize that they wanna be like the older guys they gotta keep
Building cultures that’s why LC, Archbold, Eastwood,Genoa are constantly good.That’s why I think some of the teams are leaving leagues because they aren’t in it for the culture.

I get what you're saying, but some of these schools reached a point where they could not reasonably compete in the league in almost every sport. Right now the tops of the NWOAL & NBC can compete with the big boys of the MAC, the past two years Liberty Center has knocked out Coldwater. We've just seen an incredible imbalance develop over the last 20 years because of this, and it's just proven to be too high of a hill to climb.

LOL at comparing the NBC/NWOAL with the MAC. I get the point you are trying to make in the disparity amongst teams in NBC/NWOAL, but I think you gave a bad example.

Historically, nobody has been able to do what Marion Local and Coldwater have done over the past 20 years

And then, you have schools like New Bremen, Minster, Anna, and Fort Recovery all winning recent championships as well - on top of the championships that CW and ML have.

The NBC/NWOAL has only had a handful of teams the past 20 years that would have been able to beat some of those aforementioned MAC schools. If memory serves me correct the NBC/NWOAL has 1 football state championship this century.

I often wonder.....what ends up causing these disparities? Why do distrcits such as Wauseon, Archibold (of course there are others in other leagues, such as OG) that just seem to be good at everything? Or when they aren't in a given sport, they turn things around quickly. There HAS to be something systemic and cultural. It cant just be the talent level of the kids/genes, right? And how do they keep going for years upon years? I mean....there's video games, Tick Tock, and Doritos in those districts too, so you can't blame it on modern distractions or the "there's nothing else to do there" myth. I imagine that once you have a winning culture in place, it feeds itself. Same is true if you lose that winning culture. It becomes that much harder to win and develop a winning culture, especially with the advent of open enrollment. Losing programs lose kids, which leads to more losing. But....there have to be examples of turnarounds that led to sustained success that other districts could mimic, right? Or aren't there?

The NWOAL always has some rumors of one of the 4 smaller schools leaving, but nothing really happens. Archbold, Bryan, Wauseon, and LC won’t leave until the NWOAL is down to just them. Delta is comfortable with being average at everything and being very good at wrestling. Swanton is also content on being below average at every sport but good at volleyball.

Patrick Henry and Evergreen are the smallest schools and only win league titles when it’s a weak year for the NWOAL. Patrick Henry would likely only leave for the BVC, but Evergreen will leave if there’s a good chance. Their choices would be the TAAC or the NBC. The NBC makes sense for being the most competitive and complete league top to bottom, but if school size is their argument then why would they join D3 Maumee and Rossford??

League realignment will always be a talk of schools that don’t see as much success as their league counterparts. How many years until Maumee and Rossford start talking the NLL?? Or Lake going to the Sandusky league?? For now it’s just rumors and what ifs

The NWOAL always has some rumors of one of the 4 smaller schools leaving, but nothing really happens. Archbold, Bryan, Wauseon, and LC won’t leave until the NWOAL is down to just them. Delta is comfortable with being average at everything and being very good at wrestling. Swanton is also content on being below average at every sport but good at volleyball.

Patrick Henry and Evergreen are the smallest schools and only win league titles when it’s a weak year for the NWOAL. Patrick Henry would likely only leave for the BVC, but Evergreen will leave if there’s a good chance. Their choices would be the TAAC or the NBC. The NBC makes sense for being the most competitive and complete league top to bottom, but if school size is their argument then why would they join D3 Maumee and Rossford??

League realignment will always be a talk of schools that don’t see as much success as their league counterparts. How many years until Maumee and Rossford start talking the NLL?? Or Lake going to the Sandusky league?? For now it’s just rumors and what ifs
hahah....I can tell you.....its going to be a long, long, LLLOOOONG time before Rossford or Maumee wants anything to do with the NLL.

I often wonder.....what ends up causing these disparities? Why do distrcits such as Wauseon, Archibold (of course there are others in other leagues, such as OG) that just seem to be good at everything? Or when they aren't in a given sport, they turn things around quickly. There HAS to be something systemic and cultural. It cant just be the talent level of the kids/genes, right? And how do they keep going for years upon years? I mean....there's video games, Tick Tock, and Doritos in those districts too, so you can't blame it on modern distractions or the "there's nothing else to do there" myth. I imagine that once you have a winning culture in place, it feeds itself. Same is true if you lose that winning culture. It becomes that much harder to win and develop a winning culture, especially with the advent of open enrollment. Losing programs lose kids, which leads to more losing. But....there have to be examples of turnarounds that led to sustained success that other districts could mimic, right? Or aren't there?
^^^Leadership and people at the top.

Look at Genoa football with Vicars upon his arrival (two all Ohio sons helped too).

Mark Emans with Lake football. Came in and changed things for the better right away.

LOL at comparing the NBC/NWOAL with the MAC. I get the point you are trying to make in the disparity amongst teams in NBC/NWOAL, but I think you gave a bad example.

Historically, nobody has been able to do what Marion Local and Coldwater have done over the past 20 years

And then, you have schools like New Bremen, Minster, Anna, and Fort Recovery all winning recent championships as well - on top of the championships that CW and ML have.

The NBC/NWOAL has only had a handful of teams the past 20 years that would have been able to beat some of those aforementioned MAC schools. If memory serves me correct the NBC/NWOAL has 1 football state championship this century.
I would say the best teams of the NBC and NWOAL most certainly could compete in the MAC. Archbold lost to Coldwater in a tough one, Liberty Center took them down a few weeks later. I would never say that our conferences are at the level of the MAC, but the best teams can most certainly compete and win in the postseason against them.

I would say the best teams of the NBC and NWOAL most certainly could compete in the MAC. Archbold lost to Coldwater in a tough one, Liberty Center took them down a few weeks later. I would never say that our conferences are at the level of the MAC, but the best teams can most certainly compete and win in the postseason against them.

Here and there, sure. But not consistently - and at the level of what the MAC puts out year in and year out.

Take 2019 for example. Argubably one of Coldwater's worst teams in last 20 years and Archbold beats them Rd 1 by 6 points. And mind you, this Archbold team is probably their BEST team in last 20 years...2 weeks later get beat by Anna by 35

This isn’t to mention that Coldwater has been getting worse for about the last 5 years. Obviously still very good but they have absolutely no running game and can’t stop the run.

This isn’t to mention that Coldwater has been getting worse for about the last 5 years. Obviously still very good but they have absolutely no running game and can’t stop the run.

Yeah.

Regional Final
Regional Semifinal
State Runner Up
State Championship
1st Rd Playoff Loss

Last 5 years sure have been rough!

Yeah.

Regional Final
Regional Semifinal
State Runner Up
State Championship
1st Rd Playoff Loss

Last 5 years sure have been rough!
For Coldwater standards, getting embarrassed and bullied by Carey and then again by Liberty Center in back to back years is pretty rough. Not too many Cav fans were feeling good about the end of those 2 seasons

For Coldwater standards, getting embarrassed and bullied by Carey and then again by Liberty Center in back to back years is pretty rough. Not too many Cav fans were feeling good about the end of those 2 seasons
Understandable. But important to keep perspective. Even if you’re wearing orange and black colored glasses. 98% of other schools in Ohio would love for two seasons like that