2024 Massillon Tigers

Good evening fellow Tiger fans. Man was last year fun huh?! We Got the monkey off our backs and won our first playoff state championship and number 25 all time! As most of you know we return a lot of talent from last year’s team and have a lot of talent coming up from our freshman roster as well. I know we have had a little movement within our coaching staff but with Coach Moore leading the way, I don’t foresee any drop off happening within our program anytime soon. I know a big topic of discussion lately has been the schedule for this coming season. I can’t wait to see the final schedule once it’s announced. I think we’re going to have another great season this coming fall and we’re going to go for another ride in to week 16! Best of luck to our 2024 Massillon Tigers! Looking forward to chatting it up with you fellas! As always, Go Tigers!
Here here!

Good evening fellow Tiger fans. Man was last year fun huh?! We Got the monkey off our backs and won our first playoff state championship and number 25 all time! As most of you know we return a lot of talent from last year’s team and have a lot of talent coming up from our freshman roster as well. I know we have had a little movement within our coaching staff but with Coach Moore leading the way, I don’t foresee any drop off happening within our program anytime soon. I know a big topic of discussion lately has been the schedule for this coming season. I can’t wait to see the final schedule once it’s announced. I think we’re going to have another great season this coming fall and we’re going to go for another ride in to week 16! Best of luck to our 2024 Massillon Tigers! Looking forward to chatting it up with you fellas! As always, Go Tigers!
GO Tigers!

Fans of Massillon: How (or do you?) do you enjoy playing OOS schedule against the nations top opponents? As a media worker, I love to see anybody take on OOS state competition, but i’m not sure how I would feel as a fan/parent of a team. Just would love to hear how you guys react to the schedule once it releases!

Fans of Massillon: How (or do you?) do you enjoy playing OOS schedule against the nations top opponents? As a media worker, I love to see anybody take on OOS state competition, but i’m not sure how I would feel as a fan/parent of a team. Just would love to hear how you guys react to the schedule once it releases!
Personally, I don’t mind playing 2-3 oos opponents. The only downsides are that they often don’t bring fans or a band, so the atmosphere is a little dampened, and when they are a lower-tier type team, our fans aren’t as “into it” when it is a rout. I think that playing in-state competition, no matter who the opponent is, brings a little more sense of “rivalry”, so a lot of fans would rather we have less oos opps. This year, with all the troubles we had making the schedule, is a bit too oos heavy… but it is a result of last season’s championship, so I understand.

I don’t mean to complain but you asked. First off I have full confidence in Nate Moore and staff to make the best decision for our program given the current circumstances.

I wish, our kids got the opportunity to play against some of the local teams more. I love the Tigers getting the chance to play a couple games against out of state teams too but this year seems like it might be excessive.

We can’t make Perry, Wooster, Mentor, Green, Upper Arlington, Medina or Dover play us.

I don’t mean to complain but you asked. First off I have full confidence in Nate Moore and staff to make the best decision for our program given the current circumstances.

I wish, our kids got the opportunity to play against some of the local teams more. I love the Tigers getting the chance to play a couple games against out of state teams too but this year seems like it might be excessive.

We can’t make Perry, Wooster, Mentor, Green, Upper Arlington, Medina or Dover play us.
What are you going to do if teams refuse to play you? Thus, you have to schedule oos teams or Canadian teams. Comes from winning all the time StEds, Massillon, Hoban, etc. Moeller just added a top team from Georgia playing the game at Ironton. It is hard for the fans who can't go because of distance.

I wouldn't mind going to Oregon but not to watch them play a European team. Now maybe a top team in Cali, Texas, Nevada, Florida, those are the the type of games I would be interested in.

Personally, I don’t mind playing 2-3 oos opponents. The only downsides are that they often don’t bring fans or a band, so the atmosphere is a little dampened, and when they are a lower-tier type team, our fans aren’t as “into it” when it is a rout. I think that playing in-state competition, no matter who the opponent is, brings a little more sense of “rivalry”, so a lot of fans would rather we have less oos opps. This year, with all the troubles we had making the schedule, is a bit too oos heavy… but it is a result of last season’s championship, so I understand.
Agree pretty much but oos games dont necessarily mean a dampened atmosphere. Some schools that are nearby dont travel well anyways. Competitive games against good out of state schools have the potential to be great atmosphere. PBTS was rockin during the ESL game, Valdosta game was good as well.

Agree pretty much but oos games dont necessarily mean a dampened atmosphere. Some schools that are nearby dont travel well anyways. Competitive games against good out of state schools have the potential to be great atmosphere. PBTS was rockin during the ESL game, Valdosta game was good as well.
True; that’s a reason to pick and choose who and how many oos teams we play.

If there’s anything we’ve learned from this whole scheduling trouble, it’s that we’re probably going to need to change our approach to the scheduling process, especially if we defend our title this season. I would like to see us start scheduling a lot earlier, maybe even a year prior to the next schedule. Perhaps more multi-year contracts with in-state schools.

Just curious. I'm definitely buying a championship ring. How about you all and which finger would one where it on. You know it's slow when you get a stupid question like this, but it's sure is nice even discussing our UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP RIINGS!
Middle or ring finger on your right hand

With all respect bro please don't bring up Mentor that weird card guy is going to come in here renting 😂😂

Coach Moore will announce the schedule when he has a schedule.

Scheduling is so much more complex than it used to be, esp when you are an independent. And there is a ton more money involved, and more folks involved, like sponsors and promoters that put up money. There is also the OHSAA to deal with.

The days of Massillon being in the All American Conference plus an annual game with Benedictine are long gone. The days of four year contracts between two schools are gone. The Massillon coach used to have six, seven, eight dates filled before he started. Now he has one. (McK)

It used to be that the day after the McK game, the only question Tigers fans had was ,'Who do we play in the opener and the ninth game?'

The days of calling another school and paying them $2000 to visit PBTS in a few phone calls are gone.

Now, with so many schools traveling more than two/three hours, there are travel costs, hotel, and restaurants to figure out, and often the obligatory trip to the HOF.

The coach now also has to act like the traveling secretary of a MLB team.

Its fun to speculate, but it is harmful to act as an 'insider', and put out information before all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, and the ink has dried on all the contracts.

So, if you picture yourself as a true fan and really want to help Coach Moore and the Tiger program, keep whatever you think you know off of social media.

The job is hard enough.

One thing’s for sure… no matter how much infighting and disagreement we have about scheduling and the process of scheduling, we are still all Tiger fans, and we’ll all come to the games same as always. We all support the coaches, players, and administrators throughout this process. That being said, I don’t think it’s wrong to speculate and/or disagree with different elements of the process… after all, we can’t impact the process that much anyway, and we do provide funding for the team (tickets, raffles, fundraising, concessions, booster club mem., taxes, etc.) all year long. I think we’re all just a bit anxious to see what we’re up against this year, and some admins are feeling the pressure from the fanbase. Again, in the end we‘ll all attend any games we can and root for our Tigers like always. The season can’t come soon enough (although I admit that I can’t push summer out of the way).
Go Tigers!!

Just curious to opinions on this. In this day and age if Hoban were on Massillon's regular schedule would that "NOW" be a bigger rivalry game then McKinley?

Just curious to opinions on this. In this day and age if Hoban were on Massillon's regular schedule would that "NOW" be a bigger rivalry game then McKinley?
As much crap as we give McK for not bringing a crowd week 10 anymore, Hoban-Massillon in the regular season would likely draw far fewer fans. From a purely Massillon perspective, I can't explain how *different* Massillon-McK week is from every other week, including week 16. The entire week is an event that has become institutionalized over generations in Massillon. There are events every day of the week that the great grandparents of kids playing today participated in.

Not to mention it would make little sense for either team to even attempt to schedule this while they're both at miles ahead of the rest of D2. Should Hoban ever drop back down to DIII maybe it would make sense.

Absolutely not.
I am a 1975 grad of Hoban. I have been to many Massillon games in my lifetime. The Mckinley/ Massillon game I saw in 1978 was one of the best most intense high school football games I ever saw. Massillon down 10 to 0 in the 4th quarter came back and won 13 to 10. Hoban has been a great program the last 9 years under Tim Tyrell winning 5 state championships and going to 9 final games. However excluding the last 9 years give or take one year 1966 they imo would not have competed very well against Massillon and many years would have been blown out.

I would definitely say no. No matter how many we win in a row, no matter how bad McK is or how little they care, it is always The Game. I get chills just thinking about McK week. It is just a different experience/feeling.