2024 Massillon Tigers

Ed’s had 2 Ohio st guys, a ND guy,Michigan guy, another big ten guy etc…
The ND kid really a Ed’s kid? We had more 2024 kids go D1 than any school in Ohio, fact not my opinion. I was more so alluding to the 2025 and below. Our 2025 class may not have 1 D1 kid but 2026-28 is sickly, I know you guys have a decent 2027 class. JV matchup should be fun this Fall.

When you get some spare time look at out 2026, 2027, and 2028 classes.
Will Ginn Academy still be called Glenville by then? In the last three years, the actual high school has produced an average of 18 male graduates each year. It's crazy that a D4 football team is producing more college-level football players each year than its cover school produces male graduates. 2028 D7 Championship: Marion Local vs. The Ginn Academy of football; book it.

Good Luck Massillon. ✌️

Excuse me,
Isn't there a Glenville/academy/we cheat in broad daylight thread????
I'm tired of hearing about a D4 team that is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Will Ginn Academy still be called Glenville by then? In the last three years, the actual high school has produced an average of 18 male graduates each year. It's crazy that a D4 football team is producing more college-level football players each year than its cover school produces male graduates. 2028 D7 Championship: Marion Local vs. The Ginn Academy of football; book it.

Good Luck Massillon. ✌️
I hear you.

I'm just confused b/c if you attend a private school that doesn't have a sport, you can play for your home school district?
Yeah, my grandson plays Lacrosse at Riverside and since Lake Catholic doesn't offer lacrosse anymore because of the coach being let go (because of the swastika controversy) and not being able to find a coach all the Lake kids that live in Painesville can play for Riverside, there were about 5-6 kids that did that.. Makes for a really weird dynamic by the way

The ND kid really a Ed’s kid? We had more 2024 kids go D1 than any school in Ohio, fact not my opinion. I was more so alluding to the 2025 and below. Our 2025 class may not have 1 D1 kid but 2026-28 is sickly, I know you guys have a decent 2027 class. JV matchup should be fun this Fall.
Here is what I don't understand about the few Glenville posters that are currently posting on here or were last fall. Each and every one of you ALWAYS mention how much talent Glenville has had for the last 15-20 years, and how great of a coach Ginn is.

You all mention how many kids Glenville has that went D1, D2 or even made it to the pros.

Yet, despite producing more D1 talent than any school in the state over that time period, Glenville struggles to beat quality teams outside of their "league".
Pretty much every time Glenville steps onto a football field, they have the more talented team, BY FAR! Yet, they struggle to beat teams close in talent.

Remember, it took Glenville going to D4 for them to win their first state championship.

So, while Glenville produces all of that top tier talent, and NOBODY is disputing that by the way, they basically only win the games that they are supposed to win.

Just not sure that is chest pounding worthy stuff for the school or for Ginn, in my humble opinion.

I think the reality is that Glenville/GA doesn’t actually “produce” or even develop all that talent. They just happened to be in a densely populated area that had talent and then throw in the interesting way in which the GA operates and funnels talent to Glenville you end up with a reputation of success.

Here is what I don't understand about the few Glenville posters that are currently posting on here or were last fall. Each and every one of you ALWAYS mention how much talent Glenville has had for the last 15-20 years, and how great of a coach Ginn is.

You all mention how many kids Glenville has that went D1, D2 or even made it to the pros.

Yet, despite producing more D1 talent than any school in the state over that time period, Glenville struggles to beat quality teams outside of their "league".
Pretty much every time Glenville steps onto a football field, they have the more talented team, BY FAR! Yet, they struggle to beat teams close in talent.

Remember, it took Glenville going to D4 for them to win their first state championship.

So, while Glenville produces all of that top tier talent, and NOBODY is disputing that by the way, they basically only win the games that they are supposed to win.

Just not sure that is chest pounding worthy stuff for the school or for Ginn, in my humble opinion.
Define “struggle”. You may want to do some research. Since Ginn has been HC Glenville clearly hasn’t struggled to beat OOC teams.

Define “struggle”. You may want to do some research. Since Ginn has been HC Glenville clearly hasn’t struggled to beat OOC teams.
This was posted last night: “Glen/GA football finished 29-14 in the four seasons preceding the Corona season. 28-0 in the Senate League; 1-14 outside of the Senate League”

1-14 is much worse than “struggling”

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our 2025 class is pretty subpar re: the standard. Our 2026-28 classes are not and the majority of those kids played for Ginn Elite prior to entering high school. Going all over the country playing the top youth and middle school talent in the country, no knock but our Fr, Soph, and Jr classes didn’t play CYO or middle school ball. Those are the kids the coaches are checking in on, we’ll probably only start 4-5 Seniors this Fall. That’s why it’s hilarious that Moore probably agrees to play us next season when those kids are Sophs, Jr, and Srs.

This was posted last night: “Glen/GA football finished 29-14 in the four seasons preceding the Corona season. 28-0 in the Senate League; 1-14 outside of the Senate League”

1-14 is much worse than “struggling”
So we’re cherry picking. Run the numbers since OG Ted became Head Coach. I’m assuming you have no interest in that data point.

Let me rephrase. Who has Glenville beaten that has had more talent than they have had?

Examples, the last 2 seasons, Massillon has beaten St. Ed's and this past season, they beat Hoban. I don't think you will find anyone that thinks Massillon had more talent on the field in those 3 games.

Let me rephrase. Who has Glenville beaten that has had more talent than they have had?

Examples, the last 2 seasons, Massillon has beaten St. Ed's and this past season, they beat Hoban. I don't think you will find anyone that thinks Massillon had more talent on the field in those 3 games.
Glenville is 62-39 (or close to it, I did this on my phone) in OOC games since ‘04-‘05. To answer your question, just my opinion but I’d argue Warren Central (IN), Dwyer (FL), and a few of the Iggy, Eds and Mentor teams had equal talent or maybe more.

Last edited: