2024 HS Season

Along with that, it causes a massive gym scheduling headache for many schools. A successful girls basketball team could play till March 16th and a boys team could play till March 23rd. If both are successful you have 3 teams competing for gym time 2 weeks from the start of games and 5 weeks from the start of practices. Let alone the big public schools that host sectionals, districts, and regionals.
Good point, and you know basketball's getting the priority from the schools. Not sure what the rationale was behind moving the season up by 2/3 weeks, but, at the very least, give boys volleyball the same amount of weeks of practice that baseball gets; they can't start playing games until March 23rd. Feels like the winter/spring overlap could potentially negatively impacts boys volleyball more than any other sport.

Good point, and you know basketball's getting the priority from the schools. Not sure what the rationale was behind moving the season up by 2/3 weeks, but, at the very least, give boys volleyball the same amount of weeks of practice that baseball gets; they can't start playing games until March 23rd. Feels like the winter/spring overlap could potentially negatively impacts boys volleyball more than any other sport.
It’s a big problem, for sure. Even in spring sports other than volleyball kids are having to miss tryout dates and join well after the season begins. Doesn’t seem good for anyone and this is the first year I can remember it being so overlapped like this. Hoping the smaller programs don’t suffer from it!

St X has theirs on the league site. La Salle has what appears to be a partial on the league site. Moe has nothing yet.
Good catch. I think LaSalle's is just carried over from last year so far and removes the '23 seniors and bumps everyone else up.

Surprised to see X with 2 Sophomores listed, although both are very talented so they might both be slated for big roles.

No GMC teams with rosters listed on the league site yet.

GCL Co-Ed:
1708977581258.png

Badin and CJ look incomplete as well and no one else is listed.

Looks like Taylor might still be the only CHL team with a program and here's their roster:
1708977792720.png

Man... you look at the St. X roster and wonder, "how can they not be the favorites to go to state from the South?".

I could take a stab at starters, but I don't know all of the guys. Regardless, there's a lot of talent there. I will say I wouldn't be shocked to see Taggert play RS since they have two more experienced OHs and he'd be a big block and terminal arm without having to shoulder the OH load as a sophomore.

Man... you look at the St. X roster and wonder, "how can they not be the favorites to go to state from the South?".

I could take a stab at starters, but I don't know all of the guys. Regardless, there's a lot of talent there. I will say I wouldn't be shocked to see Taggert play RS since they have two more experienced OHs and he'd be a big block and terminal arm without having to shoulder the OH load as a sophomore.
Sure seems that way, but it’s been that way plenty of times in the past and well, ya know

A few solid matches today listed on MaxPreps

Darby vs MTV - Both D1 regional runner-ups from last year
Ignatius vs SVSM - D1 regional finalist vs D2 runner-up
Edwards vs Hudson - Met in D1 regional semi-final last year

Darby def. MTV 3-1: 25-23, 18-25, 25-13(?), 25-23
Darby has some big hitters. Gantt at setter looks promising, but the connection was on and off. MTV's service errors killed them at the end. Was a fun opener!

A few solid matches today listed on MaxPreps

Darby vs MTV - Both D1 regional runner-ups from last year
Ignatius vs SVSM - D1 regional finalist vs D2 runner-up
Edwards vs Hudson - Met in D1 regional semi-final last year
Iggy’s sweeps SVSM 25-20, 25-16, 25-20
Ed’s sweeps Hudson 25-21, 25-20, 25-21
SVSM and Hudson both lost a lot from last year’s teams so not totally surprising

On Saturday McNick beat Fenwick in 5 at Fenwick (25-17, 18-25, 19-25, 25-21, 15-11). This could be the result that decides the GCL Coed this year. Both teams are expected to be at the top after retaining much of last year's teams (Fenwick won GCL Coed and McNick went to State Semis).

Definitely not a fan of this early season start, but oh well. So…St X @ Moe this Friday. With Moe having a new leader, and favored talent to the Bomber side, I see St X over Moe in 4 sets. Should be a fun one though.

Lakota East beat Roger Bacon in 4 last night in a match up of probably the best public in the Cincinnati area against one of the favorites in D2 from the Cincinnati area. A few weird scores, but I'd guess that's just early season volleyball.

Lakota East beat Roger Bacon in 4 last night in a match up of probably the best public in the Cincinnati area against one of the favorites in D2 from the Cincinnati area. A few weird scores, but I'd guess that's just early season volleyball.
Roger Bacon’s setting and defense can be inconsistent. I’m starting to think the Cincy D2 overwhelming favorites should be McNick and Fenwick based on their match from last week. Think those 2 and St. Charles are a step above the rest of D2. After them, I’d put Bacon in a “Tier 2” type of category

Looks like X takes early season control in the GCL with a win over Moe Friday night. Elder also with the win over Lasalle also.