2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Sounds like the Madeira job is attracting a few decent canidates.
Rooks (previous CHCA head coach)
Nick Argentati (Northwest Head coach) hear he is going after CHCA as well.
Brian Kellet (St Xavier Assistant) believe he was at Madeira as well at some point

Big decision is if they will make this hire before they hire a new A.D.
These are good candidates. No idea what the pipeline of players is? The CHL is a great league and is well coached.

Please elaborate on how the athletic department is at West Clermont? A school of that size and really only has decent baseball to show. Is it bad hiring practices by the AD or just lack of talent?
Let's just say that when they combined the schools and did not name Dan Simmons from Glen Este to head up their Athletic Department, they made a colossal mistake...

Coach Kellet lives in Madeira and was a varsity assistant in 2017-18 (regional final loss to DP Elite). Not sure if he would want it but more than qualified!

These are good candidates. No idea what the pipeline of players is? The CHL is a great league and is well coached.
The pipeline is a little thin…a slew of 5’10” guards..no size at all except for 1 rising junior…I expect my Stangs to be the same as this year…maybe slightly better with more athleticism and a new coach bump?

There has been nothing posted lately on the OHSAA Job Openings site: Like another posted already stated; quiet in the Cincinnati area this year... I would not be surprised if someone like Noszka tries to apply to a couple of places. He was making that long commute to St. Xavier from Wilmington and I'm sure that he's not thrilled being out at Greenfield McClain. Similar driving distances and better basketball...

There has been nothing posted lately on the OHSAA Job Openings site: Like another posted already stated; quiet in the Cincinnati area this year... I would not be surprised if someone like Noszka tries to apply to a couple of places. He was making that long commute to St. Xavier from Wilmington and I'm sure that he's not thrilled being out at Greenfield McClain. Similar driving distances and better basketball...
He's probably even less thrilled to NOT be at Greenfield.

According to their School website, DePaul Cristo Rey is looking for a coach to replace Brandon Elliott

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
CHCA -------------------------—------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)
Talawanda-----------------------------Taylor Alstatt
Lynchburg-Clay-----------------------Brian Callahan
Roger Bacon--------------------------Grayson Rhodes
Madeira--------------------------------Rick Rockwell
Depaul Cristo Rey---------------------Brandon Elliott

Filled:
none

Talawanda got rid of the current Preble Shawnee coach three years ago. As a Hamilton guy he more than likely would have stayed at Talawanda. At Shawnee, his teams have played in two consecutive regionals and just went to the D3 final four for the first time in the school's history.
I was interested to see if he would stick with Preble Shawnee or move onto somewhere else after this year. He landed in a great situation at Shawnee, and this would be a perfect time to move onto a bigger school if he's interested.

I was interested to see if he would stick with Preble Shawnee or move onto somewhere else after this year. He landed in a great situation at Shawnee, and this would be a perfect time to move onto a bigger school if he's interested.
What bigger school is open?

What's the deal with Talawanda and losing boys coaches? Their admin that bad? Parents? They are looking for boys and girls coaches this year. Girls Coach retired and had a great career before coming to the school 6 years ago but boys are on coach 4 in 4 years now? I haven't heard much about the place.

What's the deal with Talawanda and losing boys coaches? Their admin that bad? Parents? They are looking for boys and girls coaches this year. Girls Coach retired and had a great career before coming to the school 6 years ago but boys are on coach 4 in 4 years now? I haven't heard much about the place.
I have to believe it is partly due to the budget issues with that school district. Failed levies have lead to some serious cuts and restructuring.

What bigger school is open?
I'm not sure, but just if the opportunity presented itself, if he would leave. He might be happy where is at and have no interest in leaving. But he was blessed with a generational talent the past 3 years at Shawnee, and that player will be gone. Shawnee will still be good, but they will be taking a step back.

I'm not sure, but just if the opportunity presented itself, if he would leave. He might be happy where is at and have no interest in leaving. But he was blessed with a generational talent the past 3 years at Shawnee, and that player will be gone. Shawnee will still be good, but they will be taking a step back.
He will be gone as soon as he gets an opportunity. He interviewed for the Badin job last year. But not sure there is really anything available for him this year.

The administration for sure! The prior principal was the puppet master of the prior AD and they made the work environment terrible. And this is the 11th coach since 2014…sad for the boys who have talent and never get a decent program built! The new AD and principal seem to be the right fit so hopefully new hires going forward will stick around!

Per the Application Consortium, West Clermont is looking for a coach to replace Wally Vickers

West Clermont-------------------------Wally Vickers

Filled:
none

Per the Application Consortium, West Clermont is looking for a coach to replace Wally Vickers

West Clermont-------------------------Wally Vickers

Filled:
none
Is that the same Wally Vickers who coached in the GMC years ago at Sycamore?

At what point do some of these jobs start to get filled? CHCA and Roger Bacon have both been open for awhile now. Any movement on them?

At what point do some of these jobs start to get filled? CHCA and Roger Bacon have both been open for awhile now. Any movement on them?
Looks like Bacon just announced their Girls hire on Monday so I wouldn't expect the boys to be too far behind. I haven't heard much on CHCA or anything else.

Looks like Bacon just announced their Girls hire on Monday so I wouldn't expect the boys to be too far behind. I haven't heard much on CHCA or anything else.
CHCA posted their job in early March as soon as they lost in the tourney. Not sure what would be taking them so long.