2024 Boro Fan Almanac

Boro Fan

It can be found here: https://www.borofanohio.net/the2024bfa

Sorry for the slight delay, I had a few problems with formatting when copying/pasting all three divisions into 1. As I stated on Twitter/X over the weekend, there is no dialogue this year due to so many conference events (40+) now falling on the final weekend. I felt like seeing the results this weekend was more important.

As always, I will not make any changes to the rankings. The only changes will be incorrect districts, numbering issues or incorrect stats to avoid causing any confusion.

THANK YOU TO THE COACHES, WRESTLERS AND PARENTS WHO HELPED ME WITH RESULTS ALL SEASON!

Not going to lie… I look forward to the narrative each year, but totally agree with so many league/conference tournaments on the final weekend of regular season this year …. makes it difficult. Nonetheless, awesome job as always and thank you and everyone involved for Boro Fan …

D2 144 Pender was teched and pinned by max Kaye, Max Kaye was majored by Mark Ellis and brayden deem beats Ellis and has win over Joey love. Deem vs kuhns last time was overtime. Deem vs greco was 6 to 4 and you have him at 5 out of Wilmington. The wrestling will work it out. Ellis majored Nichols at swbl and you had him picked to win.
deem is a tough wrestler and will probably qualify. but didn’t ellis beat him last weekend?

If I remember right you did the same thing a year or two ago? You all want to say it doesn't matter but when you talk to a college recruiter and they specifically ask what his borofan ranking is it matters. Wins and loses have circumstances but around here one bad lose your wrote off.
What college recruiter asks about Borofan ranking? 😂 if they know about Borofan I would imagine they would just go check it. Wilmington 3,4,5,6,7are all there together I’m sure it will work itself out! Take a deep breath.

John Adams Henderson 126 Williams 132 get no love huh both are returning DQ with wins at Perrysburgh last year and Marrow at 144
I can tell you that my son used him not being in the rankings at all last year as his motivation. He screen shot the BFA for his weight class, and used it as his screen saver. Best of luck during the post-season. Hopefully the boys you mentioned have a couple of splash wins and it gets them noticed going into next year.

What college recruiter asks about Borofan ranking? 😂 if they know about Borofan I would imagine they would just go check it. Wilmington 3,4,5,6,7are all there together I’m sure it will work itself out! Take a deep breath.

Exactly. When my son was being recruited, the assistant coaches said something to him about how they saw that he was ranked. The idea that college coaches don't understand rankings and how fluid they can be is pretty wild. In the end he will either prove that ranking was too low or too high - the idea that it affects recruiting is silly in my mind (having gone through the recruiting process already).

Exactly. When my son was being recruited, the assistant coaches said something to him about how they saw that he was ranked. The idea that college coaches don't understand rankings and how fluid they can be is pretty wild. In the end he will either prove that ranking was too low or too high - the idea that it affects recruiting is silly in my mind (having gone through the recruiting process already).
Mine too, they really don’t care about rankings, they care about competing, growing, habits , grades, coachability, attitude, yes winning is a major part but could careless about local area rankings. NSCA is a scam too by the way. You can do the same thing for zero dollars, every college wrestling program has a website to fill out an interest sheet. No matter what division, NAIA, Juco, etc

Man, those are the pick 5 for the lottery.

Thanks for that I've seen so many others sign up for ncsa I thought it was legit. I'm glad to find out that's the best way to contact coaches.
Like I said, go on there websites fill out the interest sheets, follow them on social media, sign up for prospect camps. Most schools have coaches emails listed. Make sure your boy contacts them, they really aren’t interested in recruiting dads! Lol. Good luck to your boy this weekend “ remember “luck favors the prepared”

If I remember right you did the same thing a year or two ago? You all want to say it doesn't matter but when you talk to a college recruiter and they specifically ask what his borofan ranking is it matters. Wins and loses have circumstances but around here one bad lose your wrote off.
I’m not sure what colleges your kid is getting looks from but I can say my two boys was recruited by most D1 top colleges and I don’t recall any coaches asking where you are ranked nationally in Flo or Intermat, or in Borofan state rankings.

They was more concerned with grades, character. training habits and social media . My kids played other sports and would still go to big out of season national tournaments and take some bad loses and we never heard of college coaches penalizing kids for going out and competing even though may have underachieved. Maybe that’s why Penn State never contacted either of my kids while all the other top college did. Maybe they was to low in Boro rankings and had a few bad losses too.

I’m not sure what colleges your kid is getting looks from but I can say my two boys was recruited by most D1 top colleges and I don’t recall any coaches asking where you are ranked nationally in Flo or Intermat, or in Borofan state rankings.

They was more concerned with grades, character. training habits and social media . My kids played other sports and would still go to big out of season national tournaments and take some bad loses and we never heard of college coaches penalizing kids for going out and competing even though may have underachieved. Maybe that’s why Penn State never contacted either of my kids while all the other top college did. Maybe they was to low in Boro rankings and had a few bad losses too.
Where did they end up going?

So on social media what site is everyone siting for rankings borofanohio.net if it doesn't matter it doesn't matter.
it depends if you they are nationally ranked or state ranked. National rankings is Flo, Matscouts, SI. State rankings Borofan, Dubstat, Flo.

Like I said, go on there websites fill out the interest sheets, follow them on social media, sign up for prospect camps. Most schools have coaches emails listed. Make sure your boy contacts them, they really aren’t interested in recruiting dads! Lol. Good luck to your boy this weekend “ remember “luck favors the prepared”
This statement is right on, if your son is interested in a college have him fill out questionnaires that’s teams have on there sites. Most know how to find video on your kid. Don’t be afraid to reach out to colleges below D1 if not on that skill level or just doesn’t want wrestling to be a full time job as it is on most major D1 programs.