2023 Wadsworth GIT wants full brackets

Wadsworth GIT, Saturday, January 21st, 2023

The 2023 GIT is a 12-team event this season. Individual pool to bracket format.

2023 participating teams...Cincinnati LaSalle, Cincinnati Moeller, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Detroit Catholic Central, Findlay, Massillon Perry, Nordonia, Olentangy Liberty, Parkersburg WV, Streetsboro, St Paris Graham, and Wadsworth.

In an effort to provide the most competitive event possible the GIT will offer any open spots in our brackets to outside competitors. Our goal is to have full brackets. No byes. Once the open spots have been offered to the invited teams, any openings that cannot be filled will be offered to outside teams. Please follow the instructions provided in the attached google form to enter your wrestler. A spreadsheet will be updated regularly to show what openings are available. Entry cost will be $50 per wrestler (paid only after spot is confirmed). Feel free to enter your wrestler now if interested. If an opening becomes available then you are already on the list. No guaranteed participation until the spot is confirmed by the tournament committee.
Please keep in mind that this is an OHSAA-sanctioned event. Your respective school must be made aware of your participation. The wrestler's eligibility for participation in this event is the respective school's/coach’s responsibility. The wrestler needs to have an on-staff coach from their high school present at the event.

Free Agent Form link; https://forms.gle/G68euFVmASidVHkN8

2023 participating teams...Cincinnati LaSalle, Cincinnati Moeller, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Detroit Catholic Central, Findlay, Massillon Perry, Nordonia, Olentangy Liberty, Parkersburg WV, Streetsboro, St Paris Graham, and Wadsworth.

In an effort to provide the most competitive event possible the GIT will offer any open spots in our brackets to outside competitors. Our goal is to have full brackets. No byes. Once the open spots have been offered to the invited teams, any openings that cannot be filled will be offered to outside teams. Please follow the instructions provided in the attached google form to enter your wrestler. A spreadsheet will be updated regularly to show what openings are available. Entry cost will be $50 per wrestler (paid only after spot is confirmed). Feel free to enter your wrestler now if interested. If an opening becomes available then you are already on the list. No guaranteed participation until the spot is confirmed by the tournament committee.
Please keep in mind that this is an OHSAA-sanctioned event. Your respective school must be made aware of your participation. The wrestler's eligibility for participation in this event is the respective school's/coach’s responsibility. The wrestler needs to have an on-staff coach from their high school present at the event.

That is pretty cool and very forward thinking to put together the best possible event.

Any chance seeds will be posted before Saturday? I know it's a 9:00 start. Is there a set time for semifinals to begin?

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing which individuals (schools) are going to be filling in the brackets. Hopefully Boro will initiate access to include them in his write up.

@spectator 1 How soon do you know if there's a spot(not a coach, just curious)? :)
The tournament mgr. is a very upfront individual so I would think first come first serve. However, I also know that he wants this to be as competitive as possible so I'm sure that will be taken into consideration.

The tournament mgr. is a very upfront individual so I would think first come first serve. However, I also know that he wants this to be as competitive as possible so I'm sure that will be taken into consideration.
@350zjk I wasn't digging. It was an honest question. I love the format of it.

Love Wadsworth having this tourney, always been great comp and this year should be better. You can’t beat this for a local tourney in your back yard

Last edited:
Love you a thing this tourney, always been great comp and this year should be better. You can’t beat this for a local tourney in your back yard
Since Boro doesn't include out of state teams in his write up this is what DCC is bringing.

126 Heethuis 3rd @ Brecksville, Ranked #11 Nationally
144 Jones 4th @ Brecksville
152 Gilcher Ranked #5 Nationally
157 Marines 2nd @ Brecksville, Ranked #18 Nationally
165 Bunn 5th @ Brecksville
175 Adams 4th @ Brecksville
215 Bercume 5th @ Brecksville

Parkersburg's ranked wrestlers (AAA Large Schools) Just FWIW Parkersburg South had 10 wrestlers ranked in the top 8.

Carrodus #4 113
Inboden #8 126
Showalter #7 138
Wotring #8 157

Last edited:
I thought I'd find projected seeds on trackwrestling by now. Any idea when? I know there aren't brackets until Saturday but 7:00 pm on Friday and no names of wrestlers entered or seed info.

Last edited:
Wadsworth has a very good team. Only losing to DCC by 4. A couple of their B wrestlers might have outscored the A weestler.

Impressive tournament by Quillin at 190.

Where did Vega from Lasalle come from? 2-3 record lost to returning state placer in OT wow.

Impressive tournament by Quillin at 190.

Where did Vega from Lasalle come from? 2-3 record lost to returning state placer in OT wow.
Vega is a transfer from Ky. I believe he was a state runner up last season (42-5).

As far as 190 goes (in Div I), it seems like after McDanel there seems to be very little separation among the top 12 or so. It's almost like on any given day. This is only from what I've observed.

Last edited:
Vega also beat Thamann in the dual vs Elder. Would have to think that he breaks into the rankings this week.

Vega also beat Thamann in the dual vs Elder. Would have to think that he breaks into the rankings this week.
Vega beat Joey Thamann, 4-3.
At the dual I saw Vega listed in the program and didn't recognize the name. I asked a parent about him and he said that Vega was a transfer from somewhere in Kentucky who was a runner-up last season. After the meet out of curiosity I looked at the KY '22 state results. I saw that Vega, who wrestled for Conner, finished second at 106 when he got teched in the final. I wondered who teched this kid. It turns out that he lost to Jayden Raney, an eighth grader from Union County, who went on to win the 106 16U freestyle title at Fargo last summer.

Vega beat Joey Thamann, 4-3.
At the dual I saw Vega listed in the program and didn't recognize the name. I asked a parent about him and he said that Vega was a transfer from somewhere in Kentucky who was a runner-up last season. After the meet out of curiosity I looked at the KY '22 state results. I saw that Vega, who wrestled for Conner, finished second at 106 when he got teched in the final. I wondered who teched this kid. It turns out that he lost to Jayden Raney, an eighth grader from Union County, who went on to win the 106 16U freestyle title at Fargo last summer.

Yeah, Raney is ridiculously good. So is his brother.

Thanks for the research. When i saw that he beat Thamann I was wondering who the heck he was because Joey is very good.