2023 SWBL BASKETBALL

That’s what’s on website looks pretty accurate.
PPG - Lawson by 3
FG% - Rubin by 4%
3p% - Lawson by 10%
FT% - Lawson by 4%
APG - Rubin by 1
TOs - Rubin has 24 less, Lawson has the most in the conference by a lot
A/T Ratio - Rubin by .6
Steals - Rubin by 1
Rebounds - Tie

Like I said, in league games, their stats are close but Lawson is definitely not the clear cut winner

PPG - Lawson by 3
FG% - Rubin by 4%
3p% - Lawson by 10%
FT% - Lawson by 4%
APG - Rubin by 1
A/T Ratio - Rubin by .6
Steals - Rubin by 1
Rebounds - Tie

Like I said, in league games, their stats are close but Lawson is definitely not the clear cut winner
Just my opinion he was lead right now and has the league stats to help. Rubin is right there as well. But most of us have different opinions which is great. I like a forum where we can discuss and see other peoples thoughts. In the posts above most of us watch a certain team all the time so we have more insight to those teams.

PPG - Lawson by 3
FG% - Rubin by 4%
3p% - Lawson by 10%
FT% - Lawson by 4%
APG - Rubin by 1
A/T Ratio - Rubin by .6
Steals - Rubin by 1
Rebounds - Tie

Now mix in Warren. You left out blocks

Just my opinion he was lead right now and has the league stats to help. Rubin is right there as well. But most of us have different opinions which is great. I like a forum where we can discuss and see other peoples thoughts. In the posts above most of us watch a certain team all the time so we have more insight to those teams.
"if you look at league games Lawson is clearly the favorite as stats on league games he is on top on most categories."

That's what I replied to, not hating on the kid because he is good, just fact-checking your statement.

Based on watching the games, but if you’d like to boil it down to a number he averages double the steals.

In two games head to head:

Rubin (2-0) 17.5 ppg, 5 apg / +34

Warren (0-2) 25 ppg / - 28

In the first matchup at Waynesville, Warren scored over half of his points in the fourth quarter. Rubin didn’t play in the fourth quarter because it was a 20-point blowout. In the second matchup, Oakwood went on the deciding 13-0 run to start the 4th quarter once Rubin was switched onto Warren.
Warren scored 8 in the fourth quarter and Rubin picked up 4 fouls in the quarter. The 13-0 run was given to Oakwood by the ludicrous 6-1 foul ratio in the first 2 minutes and 41 seconds of the fourth quarter. Oakwood shot 19 FTs in the fourth quarter.

Now mix in Warren. You left out blocks
I like Warren and think he has had a really good year. Your argument for him as best has legs, but an at least 4-loss league team isn't getting player of the year over a kid who has comparable stats, won the league and beat that 4 loss team twice. I may disagree with that reasoning, but that doesn't matter 😜 .

"if you look at league games Lawson is clearly the favorite as stats on league games he is on top on most categories."

That's what I replied to, not hating on the kid because he is good, just fact-checking your statement.
Rubin is there as well, you are right.

I like Warren and think he has had a really good year. Your argument for him as best has legs, but an at least 4-loss league team isn't getting player of the year over a kid who has comparable stats, won the league and beat that 4 loss team twice. I may disagree with that reasoning, but that doesn't matter 😜 .
So if Waynesville beats Carlisle Lawson is out because they have 3 losses?

Were Ahmed stats so much better than Smith last year that felt compelled to include him. Ahmed averaged 15.8 pts in league last year. Does that scream POY on a team that went 3-10 in league?

The award is supposed to go the best player. Of course winning helps. Let me ask you this. If Waynesville was in first would you give the award to Warren?

Warren is the best basketball player in the SWBL Buckeye Division. Oakwood is the best basketball team in the SWBL Buckeye Division. So does Rubin win POY just cause he is Oakwoods best player? No.

Preble Shawnee 72
Carlisle 37

Taylor (14) Carlisle
Lawson (13) Carlisle

Shrout (29) PS
Blankenship (13) PS
Hawley (14) PS

Wasn’t close any part of the game. Shawnee played well tonight and if they play like that they will be a force in D3 tournament

So if Waynesville beats Carlisle Lawson is out because they have 3 losses?

Were Ahmed stats so much better than Smith last year that felt compelled to include him. Ahmed averaged 15.8 pts in league last year. Does that scream POY on a team that went 3-10 in league?

The award is supposed to go the best player. Of course winning helps. Let me ask you this. If Waynesville was in first would you give the award to Warren?
Two different questions, who do I think is the best player vs who do I think will be PoY. Honestly I have only seen each team two or three times so I can't say for sure who the best is. I think if we were drafting kids for open gym my first pick would be Warren.

30 years of experience tells me the coaches will choose the best player from the champion as PoY 8 out of 10 times.

Two different questions, who do I think is the best player vs who do I think will be PoY. Honestly I have only seen each team two or three times so I can't say for sure who the best is. I think if we were drafting kids for open gym my first pick would be Warren.

30 years of experience tells me the coaches will choose the best player from the champion as PoY 8 out of 10 times.
Personally I’d pick the best winner for an open gym. Rubin is a winner.

If we are going off of Rubin being the better player because he beat Waynesville twice, I do not agree. Rubin had 17 pts Friday night. 10 of them off of free throws.... Warren had 30 5 of them off free throws...... Rubin is good, however take Rubin off of Oakwood they still win multiple games IMO. Take Warren off of Waynesville and they are nowhere near the team that they are with him being on the team.

If we are going off of Rubin being the better player because he beat Waynesville twice, I do not agree. Rubin had 17 pts Friday night. 10 of them off of free throws.... Warren had 30 5 of them off free throws...... Rubin is good, however take Rubin off of Oakwood they still win multiple games IMO. Take Warren off of Waynesville and they are nowhere near the team that they are with him being on the team.
In the first game between the two Rubin was the best kid on the floor and it wasn't even close. He single-handedly destroyed Waynesville's pressure and lead Oakwood to a 30 point lead. Warren had 20 that night, the majority coming in the second half when the game was already decided.

You can say that about almost every team in SWBL

Cook Off of Franklin = a lot of losses
Lawson off of Carlisle = a lot of losses
Ahmed off of Eaton = Wowser
Wood off of Brookville = disaster
Denny off of VV = not many points scored.

I haven't seen Warren but once this year and He didn't perform very well. Looking at his stats it looks to be an off game. But against the top two teams in Buckeye conference he is 0-3. Rubin is 3-1, Lawson is 2-1. If we go on just consistency Eatons Ahmed will be in the mix as well. His team isn't the greatest but he just continues to do his thing.

You can say that about almost every team in SWBL

Cook Off of Franklin = a lot of losses
Lawson off of Carlisle = a lot of losses
Ahmed off of Eaton = Wowser
Wood off of Brookville = disaster
Denny off of VV = not many points scored.

I haven't seen Warren but once this year and He didn't perform very well. Looking at his stats it looks to be an off game. But against the top two teams in Buckeye conference he is 0-3. Rubin is 3-1, Lawson is 2-1. If we go on just consistency Eatons Ahmed will be in the mix as well. His team isn't the greatest but he just continues to do his thing.
Ahmed has no business being in the discussion.
I think everyone is over looking Jacomet. He has been the better player on Oakwood.

Carlisle 63
DC 60

Rowe (18)
Taylor (17)
Lawson (15)

Carlisle under performed tonight but still got the win. Has to get it right before Fridays league contest with Eaton.

Oakwood 73, Fenwick 60

The Jacks were very undersized but lit it up from 3 including 7 from Jackson Thobe which tied the school record.

Thobe 27, Rubin 18 & 10 ast, Hoersting 12, Jacomet 11