2023 St. Edward Football

Kyan Mason leaving creates many open positions! No way one kid fills them all. Kyan played the slot, safety In packages, punt returner as well as kick returner. With only one starting receiver that’s going to create quite the void. Supposedly the best jv reciever moved to Vegas.

Kyan Mason leaving creates many open positions! No way one kid fills them all. Kyan played the slot, safety In packages, punt returner as well as kick returner. With only one starting receiver that’s going to create quite the void. Supposedly the best jv reciever moved to Vegas.

There’s no understating the loss of explosive play ability Mason gave the Eagles, but there are other guys ready for their shot. A few have been mentioned throughout the thread. Let’s just hope there isn’t further attrition!

With this news in mind I would like to propose a question. How does this affect the 2023 Eagles' chances of three-peating?
We loose a guy who can score from anywhere on the field but with the Oline we have it honestly shouldn’t matter we should be absolutely running the ball down everyone’s throats all year.

Yes but Casey Bulluck needs to throw as well.
Yes Ed’s can run the ball. But other kids on team as well and need to get action. And one dimensional can lose games in a hurry.

Agreed. Reminds me of the Stover and Edmunds days when Ignatius would pack the box in and nullify two great runners.
Those teams didn’t have 3 big ten Olinmen up front…….. we might not have the rb talent of those 2 but with bulluck going into year 2 as a starter we should be just fine. He really turned it up a notch at the end of the year.

Yes but Casey Bulluck needs to throw as well.
Yes Ed’s can run the ball. But other kids on team as well and need to get action. And one dimensional can lose games in a hurry.
Casey will have a number of guys to throw to when we go to the air (which isn't all that often). Sullivan flashed at times last season and brings good height and athleticism to the Wr position. McClaurin was very productive at the freshman and JV levels, but took a back seat to Mason, Lentz, and Sullivan last year. I think he could stand to benefit the most from Mason's departure. Heckel is another guy that was previously mentioned who could be due for a nice senior year. Then there is the sophomore-to-be Brandon White who has the most potential to fill that do-it-all role that Mason gave us. Aside from the wideouts, there are two returning TE's in Mahle and Balogh. Mahle, in particular, was a favorite redzone target of Bullock before he went down with a season ending injury. Balogh began to find his groove later in the season and sports a handful of D1 offers. Losing Mason sucks, but the cupboards are not bare.

I saw that Bullock was not on the baseball roster. Anyone know if he is opting for some sort of travel league or is he just honing in on next football season? Tulane commit Grant Wilson is also not on the Eagles roster.

We've lost plenty of kids to Glenville over the years. I wish him the best of luck if he feels that's a better fit. A lot of guys will have an opportunity to step into that void and there are plenty of great athletes at St. Ed's still.

Does anyone know what’s up with the last remaining Starting WR from last year? I’m hearing he wants to concentrate on basketball. And hasn’t been coming to any football workouts. That would be a blow to offense! Hopefully just bad rumor.

Does anyone know what’s up with the last remaining Starting WR from last year? I’m hearing he wants to concentrate on basketball. And hasn’t been coming to any football workouts. That would be a blow to offense! Hopefully just bad rumor.

Haven’t heard Sullivan won’t play football, but he does play travel basketball most of the off-season. If he doesn’t suit up its hard to say how much we’d be losing. He had less than 20 catches and fewer than 300 yards last season. Could he be due for a huge senior year, perhaps. But I wouldn’t says it’s a huge blow. Losing Mason was clearly a big blow.

May be the last great talented class
for sometime, and loosing a coach who helped bring most of them in, stay tuned!

Last edited:
It appears the Eagles will be losing some talent in advance of the fall football season. Nothing is guaranteed and the coaching staff and players understand the same as they pursue a third state title in as many years. I still like these areas of the team in 2023 or...

OL
QB
LB
DB

... I am certain there is undiscovered talent that will materialize as the season progresses.

Go Eagles!

It appears the Eagles will be losing some talent in advance of the fall football season. Nothing is guaranteed and the coaching staff and players understand the same as they pursue a third state title in as many years. I still like these areas of the team in 2023 or...

OL
QB
LB
DB

... I am certain there is undiscovered talent that will materialize as the season progresses.

Go Eagles!
Left off Tight end! They have 2 gems at tight end

but is that a cryptic tweet?
Losing talent in advance of fall season?
Someone leaving?
Grades?
Or referencing Kyan?
Can’t stand cryptic texts

Left off Tight end! They have 2 gems at tight end

but is that a cryptic tweet?
Losing talent in advance of fall season?
Someone leaving?
Grades?
Or referencing Kyan?
Can’t stand cryptic texts

Hoping the staff finds ways to get them both on the field at the same time, perhaps with Mahle in the slot and Balogh as the in-line TE.

Sounds like Ed’s, as expected, is loaded again. Having those 3 stud linemen along with your Quarterback back from last year is a great start. I see some other players are getting some offers as well. As usual they will be tough to beat again this year for anyone. I’ve always enjoyed the battles we’ve had with them and look forward to it again this year. Good luck to the Eagles this year except when you play us lol