2023 season

yapmap15

New season is upon us for High School Soccer.

How are we looking for the D1, D2, D3 southwest region? Who are the usual favorites again and even teams who may have a down year?
Looks like games begin Friday!

D1 Usual suspects throughout the year until post season starts and the fakers are ousted as usual, and the cream rises to the top!

Big time games Saturday!

Seton v Anderson
Mason v St. Ursula
Lakota East vs MND
Dublin Coffman vs Centerville
Additionally CCDS vs Indian Hill. While the lady braves are on a decline, there is a special feel to that game since so many CCDS kids are from the Hill, and both are in Indian Hill. I'm looking forward to watching this game live.

Waynesville vs Miamisburg Saturday, SWBL Champs vs the GWOC Champs is a nice early season matchup.

Lakota East just got taken to the woodshed by Kings so I don't see that being much of a match up. McNick and Summit is a better game Saturday than East and MND IMO. If Kings can score 6 on East, MND should go double digits. Also Centerville vs Dublin Coffman will be interesting. Dublin Coffman just squeaked by a Marysville squad that lost 6-0 to Olentangy Liberty, and Centerville coming off a big loss to Alter unable to score. A win might make either team look better than they really are.

Thoughts on the above list? Based on the rankings I’d say Seton should be really good.

Wow, that's a lot of Cincy players. Erbach recognized the top player in the state should be no surprise to anyone. Cummings, Manning also no surprise at 4 and 5. Interesting that Seton had 3 girls in the top 10 and their best player graduated! Hard to look past Seton this season. If their defense can hang without outside help this year they should make a deep state run. And after what MND has done the last few years and Seton now, I will have officially eaten my words on the GGCL. Lets just hope UA and MM can figure it out.

CCDS 4 / Indian Hill 1

Zimm twins. That’s all I have to say!

Ok, I’ll add the lady braves are in for a very long season.

I agree, Seton returns more talent. MNd graduated 3 d1 players. They‘re still deep and will be good, but Seton will be better.
While the Seton faithful should be excited for the talent that they have there at the moment, but my buddy is hearing rumblings of back to back - this could happen but the last 5 out of 6 state champions have come from SWO and the most impressive thing here is that it is all different schools. A lot of things have to go your way especially in this game and getting out of the region is going to be outright tough.

Some good matchups this week:

Centerville at Oak Hills
Loveland at Anderson
MND at Mason
Mason at Upper Arlington
New Albany at Lakota West
Milford at Beavercreek
Waynesville at Madeira

That Loveland vs Anderson is a huge one for conference!

Facts and clarifications after first games:
Mason and Anderson Tie. Mason beats Ursula 1-0. Seton beats Anderson 5-0. And George (above) thinks Ursula wins GGCL? This title runs through MMD and Seton period.
And, Empty, i just looked. Last year in the GGCL the three top points, assists and goals are all back for Seton. Who was their best player that graduated?
Centerville 0-2. Never saw that coming. Olentangy is good and will be there again this year come semi final time.

Facts and clarifications after first games:
Mason and Anderson Tie. Mason beats Ursula 1-0. Seton beats Anderson 5-0. And George (above) thinks Ursula wins GGCL? This title runs through MMD and Seton period.
And, Empty, i just looked. Last year in the GGCL the three top points, assists and goals are all back for Seton. Who was their best player that graduated?
Centerville 0-2. Never saw that coming. Olentangy is good and will be there again this year come semi final time.
Ott and Hunt were big parts of that attack. Seton certainly will be fine without them, but those 2 were very large part of that teams success. With that said Seton will be #1 in cincy probably all year.

Guess Centerville is ok after a 3-1 win over Oak Hills.
Got to watch Centerville play. They are pretty darn good. Some unlucky bounces in their 1st 2 games. Was a matter of time before they got things going, as they have the same roster from last year that had them top ranked in Ohio.

Figured Centerville would be fine. They are always in the hunt, Plus I respect their schedule every year. Not a lot of cupcakes out of conference. Unlike a few regular season programs.

A win vs. GMC Oak Hills is still kind of questionable. the GMC is...well....the GMC. GWOC Centerville gets a test this weekend vs. Walsh Jesuit but not again till maybe Springboro and that is even kinds sus. The Olentangy schools are not great. Pick North just beat Liberty solidly.

GGCL Seton handily beat ECC Anderson that just took down ECC perennial power Loveland easily after tying GMC Champ Mason. Seton has to be hands down the favs. There is not a lot of good high school soccer teams this year locally. SWBL champ Waynesville destroyed GWOC Champ Miamisburg, and SWBL Bellbrook took down GWOC power Beavercreek. In a bizarre and unexpected turn always bad ECC Kings is going to go 5-0 before they play a real school. ECC Milford could be the next best outside of Seton but we'll see. CHL is a mess, SWOC is dead, the ECC is lead by Kings. Loveland is playing as many bad Kentucky schools as they can schedule. SWBL Monroe beats CHL Champ Wyoming but ties hapless GCL Fenwick. What a weird but comical start.

Going to be an interesting year.