2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

Who wins the 2023 Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Eastwood

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Genoa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maumee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Oak Harbor

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Otsego

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1. Oak Harbor

fairly decent gap

2a. Genoa
2b. Otsego
2c. Eastwood (depending on who’s leading them)

gap again

5. Maumee
6. Rossford
7. Lake
8. Fostoria

Perhaps OH is number one, but there is no way I would move Eastwood out of the top two. They have replaced many an all league player with another all league player and until the coach leaves (possible) or the talent well dries up (also possible) they get the benefit if the doubt.
The current sophomore, next years juniors are one of the most athletically inclined classes Eastwood has seen in awhile, will be interesting to see how they step into more of a starting role next year. 10+ of them lettered this year with at least 4 having starting experience.

Genoa
OH

Otsego
Eastwood

Rossford
Maumee

Fostoria
Lake

How much traction is there to the Rutherford wanting to leave rumor? Is it new tires on a clear day or bald tires on ice?

1 OH - Proven talent returning at QB and RB/WR. Had a decent year beat Rossford Genoa in a rematch and Fostoria and lost close ones against Genoa round 1 and Eastwood, should be better next year.
2 Otsego - After a tough year one with a difficult schedule and some competitive losses year 2 for Lindke might be his best shot at a title. Return a lot from this years team including QB. Expect a more diverse offense and what has become a consistent defense. The knights may struggle after this year.
3 Maumee - Probably more realistic at 5 or 6 but I believe! I guarantee at least 3 wins for the panthers next year. Still need a coach but I’ve heard some possibilities and if they can get things going in a hurry they could be competitive right away. A small senior class has a couple very good players but a few juniors may lead the way next year. The improvement on the Oline will be key, the athletes are there.
4 Eastwood - They’ll be athletic but the question for me is up front. Losing the entire Oline along with a few gifted skill guys will be tough. They went 2-4 in 2018 and 3-3 in 2015 vs the new current members top 2 definitely isn’t guaranteed.
5 Genoa - Return a solid QB but lose some talented athletes from a team that had a good year before a disappointing loss in a rematch with OH in the playoffs. They have talent and numbers coming at the lower grades that could be interesting.
6 Rossford - Losing the last Morrison and Revels at WR and Williams at QB I don’t think the offense will be as explosive and the defense has been a struggle. We’ll see what the bulldogs can do moving forward.
7 Lake - The Flyers had a tough season on and off the field but I think they’ll start moving in the right direction next year even if there aren’t a lot of wins to show for it. Elmwood had an explosive offense so I expect their former OC to bring some of that spread style to Lake which usually has some athletes that could make it work.
8 Fostoria - I think this could become a trend in football unfortunately. Fostoria will get an occasional win and could have a decent year once in a while but I think they’ll be in a tough spot most years.

1 OH - Proven talent returning at QB and RB/WR. Had a decent year beat Rossford Genoa in a rematch and Fostoria and lost close ones against Genoa round 1 and Eastwood, should be better next year.
2 Otsego - After a tough year one with a difficult schedule and some competitive losses year 2 for Lindke might be his best shot at a title. Return a lot from this years team including QB. Expect a more diverse offense and what has become a consistent defense. The knights may struggle after this year.
3 Maumee - Probably more realistic at 5 or 6 but I believe! I guarantee at least 3 wins for the panthers next year. Still need a coach but I’ve heard some possibilities and if they can get things going in a hurry they could be competitive right away. A small senior class has a couple very good players but a few juniors may lead the way next year. The improvement on the Oline will be key, the athletes are there.
4 Eastwood - They’ll be athletic but the question for me is up front. Losing the entire Oline along with a few gifted skill guys will be tough. They went 2-4 in 2018 and 3-3 in 2015 vs the new current members top 2 definitely isn’t guaranteed.
5 Genoa - Return a solid QB but lose some talented athletes from a team that had a good year before a disappointing loss in a rematch with OH in the playoffs. They have talent and numbers coming at the lower grades that could be interesting.
6 Rossford - Losing the last Morrison and Revels at WR and Williams at QB I don’t think the offense will be as explosive and the defense has been a struggle. We’ll see what the bulldogs can do moving forward.
7 Lake - The Flyers had a tough season on and off the field but I think they’ll start moving in the right direction next year even if there aren’t a lot of wins to show for it. Elmwood had an explosive offense so I expect their former OC to bring some of that spread style to Lake which usually has some athletes that could make it work.
8 Fostoria - I think this could become a trend in football unfortunately. Fostoria will get an occasional win and could have a decent year once in a while but I think they’ll be in a tough spot most years.
2018 was a hangover year after the state title game appearance and 2015 was before the current coach ran the program. (Yes I know it was his dad coaching but they have different approaches)
If Maumee finishes 2 that would literally blow my mind. They looked like a hot mess against Eastwood this year and I am pretty sure the Eastwood JV team would have won the game.

2018 was a hangover year after the state title game appearance and 2015 was before the current coach ran the program. (Yes I know it was his dad coaching but they have different approaches)
If Maumee finishes 2 that would literally blow my mind. They looked like a hot mess against Eastwood this year and I am pretty sure the Eastwood JV team would have won the game.
Well being gifted a state title contender his first year and having Rayford and 3 Boos’ over his first 6 years might have something to do with why he’s been more successful than his dad. We’ll see what they do next year and I picked Maumee 3rd but said realistically 5 or 6 is most likely.

Well being gifted a state title contender his first year and having Rayford and 3 Boos’ over his first 6 years might have something to do with why he’s been more successful than his dad. We’ll see what they do next year and I picked Maumee 3rd but said realistically 5 or 6 is most likely.

Maumee is 5th in the NBC at best next year. Not beating Otsego, Genoa, Oak Harbor, or Eastwood. Coach Karchner will get them going eventually, but 2023 is not the year. I think 2024 and beyond they start regularly becoming a contender.

Maumee is 5th in the NBC at best next year. Not beating Otsego, Genoa, Oak Harbor, or Eastwood. Coach Karchner will get them going eventually, but 2023 is not the year. I think 2024 and beyond they start regularly becoming a contender.
It’s like you’re agreeing with me but want to tear down Maumee at the same time. I expect the Panthers to be improved again next year and even said I gaurantee 3 wins, nothing special. This years freshman and sophomores at Maumee (2024 football senior and juniors) should compete for a title. I didn’t even know Karchner had officially gotten the job but I think it will be a good fit. I believe he played football and baseball for the current AD.

It’s like you’re agreeing with me but want to tear down Maumee at the same time. I expect the Panthers to be improved again next year and even said I gaurantee 3 wins, nothing special. This years freshman and sophomores at Maumee (2024 football senior and juniors) should compete for a title. I didn’t even know Karchner had officially gotten the job but I think it will be a good fit. I believe he played football and baseball for the current AD.

Not tearing down the Panthers. They will be a contender - just not yet. You predicted them to finish 3rd. That means they would be beating 2 of 4 out of Eastwood, Genoa, Oak Harbor, and Otsego. That's just not happening next year. Their non-conference schedule is very friendly and they could end up winning 2 of those and then 3 NBC games (Fostoria, Lake, Rossford?). And as far as I know - Maumee is still without a head coach. I was being facetious.

The same Maumee that’s won one game in 5 years? Not so sure. They looked putrid against Eastwood. They might have some talent on the way but I’m not sure id be guaranteeing wins against anyone

Not tearing down the Panthers. They will be a contender - just not yet. You predicted them to finish 3rd. That means they would be beating 2 of 4 out of Eastwood, Genoa, Oak Harbor, and Otsego. That's just not happening next year. Their non-conference schedule is very friendly and they could end up winning 2 of those and then 3 NBC games (Fostoria, Lake, Rossford?). And as far as I know - Maumee is still without a head coach. I was being facetious.

Rossford made the same transition that Maumee is and has one second-place finish to show for it...and that team barely beat a down Eastwood in the last game of the year to get into the playoffs.

One of Oak Harbor, Eastwood or Genoa is going to be a Top 10 team in DV most years. Maumee has a long way to go to get to that level. I do think they can compete in basketball right away.

I would not believe anything until its posted, BUT they had a former head coach on staff last year - Could try to keep consistency and promote him