2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live out of town and don’t get to see as many Tigers games now but the last time I was at a Massillon Warren game was watching Lynn Bowden shred the Tiger defense. We could not tackle that guy. He was an amazing talent but that was not a fun game to watch.
Bowden was one of the most talented players I have seen play against the Tigers. Right up there with Manningham and Woodson.

Bowden was one of the most talented players I have seen play against the Tigers. Right up there with Manningham and Woodson.

Offensively yes, no doubt. I would add David Montgomery (Detroit Lions) 32 carries for 287 from the QB spot. That was Coach Moore's very first year. (vs. Bowden also). Funny looking back he started with the absolute worst defense I'd ever seen to the absolute best D ever.

We'd have shut their ***es down this year! ;) Just kidding worm, he/both were truly special.

Offensively yes, no doubt. I would add David Montgomery (Detroit Lions) 32 carries for 287 from the QB spot. That was Coach Moore's very first year. (vs. Bowden also). Funny looking back he started with the absolute worst defense I'd ever seen to the absolute best D ever.

We'd have shut their ***es down this year! ;) Just kidding worm, he/both were truly special.
I don’t think we would have stopped Montgomery that night with 15 guys on the field. Still dont know how we won that one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye y’all’s defense this year was sick!

Anybody???

20231227_215638.jpg

We went to Indiana for a holiday tourney and played a team Northwest that is 3 miles from Massillon.😳LOL!!

Yeah I was confused for about a minute before I thought no way can a team in Indiana be called Northwest and the Indians, LOL.

Btw think they'll ever change their mascot?

We went to Indiana for a holiday tourney and played a team Northwest that is 3 miles from Massillon.😳LOL!!
I get it that it was prolly a neat thing to play in the Hoosiers gym but couldn't the organizers have paired both teams up with someone further away... Seems like a waste of money for both teams to travel all that way just to play each other... And hard on the parents/fans to make that long of a drive.... JMO

I get it that it was prolly a neat thing to play in the Hoosiers gym but couldn't the organizers have paired both teams up with someone further away... Seems like a waste of money for both teams to travel all that way just to play each other... And hard on the parents/fans to make that long of a drive.... JMO
On the Hoosier Gym calendar Strongsville played Berea Mid-park there also.

It wasn't part of a holiday tournament. Just an opportunity for Coach to give the kids an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.