2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy holidays 🧡🧡🧡🐅🐅🐅tig

Attachments

• F2D0DE2A-FF5A-4E39-AF3D-CFEDB85A425C.jpeg
    F2D0DE2A-FF5A-4E39-AF3D-CFEDB85A425C.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 54
I would really like to see Iggy on the schedule. They're down and I would absolutely love to see us put a beating on them.
Why would you only want to play them when they're down? Wouldn't you want them to challenge you?

Just curious. Has Massillon ever tried to get a Florida or Georgia team on its schedule? And would Massillon be willing to make a contractual return trip?

Just curious. Has Massillon ever tried to get a Florida or Georgia team on its schedule? And would Massillon be willing to make a contractual return trip?
Heard Valdosta, GA could be the team playing Massillon in the classic but that it is not done yet.

Not the out of state team coming to Massillon that week.

The word coming out of Middletown was they were trying to go up to Massillon again for week1 (week 2 there) or week three (week 4 there I believe) I guess they couldn't get it done.

Heard Valdosta, GA could be the team playing Massillon in the classic but that it is not done yet.
Heck, Massillon should try to get Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz, a team that reached the FHSAA Class 4S state semifinal round this season, on its schedule. Buchholz had four Division I signees on this roster this season, a lineman headed to Florida, a wide receiver ticketed to Alabama, a quarterback who is projected as a wide receiver to Mississippi State, and a running back headed to Delaware.

Yes, in the 1960’s, Massillon officials wanted to schedule an away game with a couple of Miami area schools. At that time, I believe that the OHSAA frowned upon traveling.

I would love to see us play Lakeland…
With Hartson graduating so you think we will see a rotation at running back because from what I hear we should have many capable, or do you see a work horse emerging?

I would love to see us play Lakeland…
With Hartson graduating so you think we will see a rotation at running back because from what I hear we should have many capable, or do you see a work horse emerging?

Hard to argue with success, but, we tend to be a tad too one dimensional imho. I want Gamble, Lenix, and Mitchell (and Pringle) to ALL share carriers and attack ALL areas of the field. Each adds something different.

Teams that can fill Massillon week 6 and 7 spots

week6: Hoban,VASJ,Hammond Central(IN),St Ed’s(most likely w5)Manchester,Pandora-Gilboa,Watkins Memorial,Worthington Chr.

week7: Watterson,Cabell Midland(WV),Canton CC,Stritch,Granville,Harvest Prep,Linden,Manchester,Mogadore

week6: Hoban,VASJ,Hammond Central(IN),St Ed’s(most likely w5)Manchester,Pandora-Gilboa,Watkins Memorial,Worthington Chr.

week7: Watterson,Cabell Midland(WV),Canton CC,Stritch,Granville,Harvest Prep,Linden,Manchester,Mogadore

Now here is something fun to discuss on a dead Wednesday afternoon.

Everyone will focus on the elephant in the room in week 6 and Canton Central Catholic in week 7 but my mind, as usual, is elsewhere.

That's why I post at work so well during a dead holiday season week.

I'm thinking Granville.

I'm thinking of a week 7 matchup with the quaint New England-like village of Granville. Seriously, it's a cool little town with a good D3 football program. I'm not sure they'd want the challenge but Granville is a program that likes to prove people wrong.

The Blue Aces used a spread passing attack to begin their winning ways back when they had a quarterback named Scott McMullen. He was a backup QB at Ohio State during the early Tressel years. Granville has made some deep playoff runs and has had some nice teams.

If the game is in Granville - you'll have some cool places to eat and drink before or after the game. Granville is the home of my GF's alma mater Denison University (as well as Denison being the alma mater of Jennifer Garner, who's not as hot as my GF). Denison is the home of the single wing legacy of former Denison Hall of Fame coach Keith Piper, the alma mater of Woody Hayes, Steve Carrell, Michael Eisner of Disney corporate fame (or shame?) and that wily, old grizzled U.S. Senator Tricky Dick Richard Lugar (R-Indiana).

---
Harvest Prep?

The school's founder: www.rodparsley.com

Division 5 with a 13-1 record last year. They beat Bloom Carroll, the Division 3 state runner up to Canfield. Ironton knocked Harvest out of the playoffs.

Are you really a Massillon fan? I ask the question, because Massillon fans would know that the Tigers wouldn’t schedule all the teams you listed, except 2-3 teams.

Heard the same thing from Mr Goff.

Valdosta is not the same old Valdosta they used to be. But I am sure they will be tough.

I think there are 2 Kentucky teams between Valdosta and Massillon in all time wins . Lets play one of them . But i don't think they would be interested.

Heard the same thing from Mr Goff.

Valdosta is not the same old Valdosta they used to be. But I am sure they will be tough.

I think there are 2 Kentucky teams between Valdosta and Massillon in all time wins . Lets play one of them . But i don't think they would be interested.
I may be mistaken but I think those are small schools in Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.