2023 EBC Baseball

Wilms is a good player better pitcher. Yes I’m a Quaker honk but they have the best 1-2 on paper. Skelding is a very big loss for Marlington if he can’t go and that’s unfortunate as heck he seems like a well rounded young man. I’ll stick with the Quakes at 1 at the end
Hope for a healthy season to all

My favorite time of the year. Who’s everyone in the conference opening up with? Gonna go see the Canfield Salem game opening weekend. Should be a good battle. We saw how it went last time, Canfield throttled them but Salem bested them at the end. Just remember while these first couple weeks are fun they don’t mean much at the end of the day. Godspeed

My favorite time of the year. Who’s everyone in the conference opening up with? Gonna go see the Canfield Salem game opening weekend. Should be a good battle. We saw how it went last time, Canfield throttled them but Salem bested them at the end. Just remember while these first couple weeks are fun they don’t mean much at the end of the day. Godspeed
I look to see a similar result this year in the early going. Canfield tends to be a team that is well prepared and more toward their peak much sooner as a program. Salem may take a minute to get their feet under them with their new HC.

Also my favorite time of the year! Hope everyone stays healthy, nice to have you back on the thread Heater.

I look to see a similar result this year in the early going. Canfield tends to be a team that is well prepared and more toward their peak much sooner as a program. Salem may take a minute to get their feet under them with their new HC.
I would have to agree with you. I like Canfield in this one.

I will also be headed to the city of Salem to watch this opening day affair. I am hoping for a good game, but think Salem gets the job done. Only reason I say that is because I am not sure who Canfield has pitching anymore. Anyone got any clue?

I haven't posted my thoughts on league standings so here we go.

1. Salem (I think this is unanimous in here)
2. Alliance
3. WB
4. Marlington
5. Carrollton
6. Minerva

Salem has those two stud pitchers that I think can be special this year. My hometown team Alliance is always around the top and always have a solid team, I feel like we can really pull through this year. WB is a younger team but I know a couple of those kids have played forever and they have a great coaching staff. Marlington is going to be down if they lost Skelding. Carrollton and Minerva are pretty much the same teams as we've seen years prior. (and they are never very good). Those are just my thoughts.

I haven't posted my thoughts on league standings so here we go.

1. Salem (I think this is unanimous in here)
2. Alliance
3. WB
4. Marlington
5. Carrollton
6. Minerva

Salem has those two stud pitchers that I think can be special this year. My hometown team Alliance is always around the top and always have a solid team, I feel like we can really pull through this year. WB is a younger team but I know a couple of those kids have played forever and they have a great coaching staff. Marlington is going to be down if they lost Skelding. Carrollton and Minerva are pretty much the same teams as we've seen years prior. (and they are never very good). Those are just my thoughts.
I don't think this is unanimous. I think you posting two messages in a row heavily leaning toward Salem sort of exposes your troll. A Salem fan or parent posing as an Alliance fan/parent.

Final Standings Prediction -

1. Salem - led by Rhodes, Wilms, Johnson..............Graduated Exline, Beck, Riesen
2. Marlington - led by Denham, Bates, *Skelding.................Graduated Dezenzo, Grimes, Tortola, Evanich, Odey
3. West Branch - led by Alazaus, Shields, Perry.......................Graduated Wilson
4. Carrollton - led by Smith.....................Graduated Varney, Moore
5. Alliance - led by Bruni, Bennett....................... Graduated Young
6. Minerva - Graduated Ayden + Nick Lautzenheiser

Threw in a couple notables to my knowledge, could be missing a few. Two-man race for the title, 3-5 is interchangeable, and Minerva is likely going to be the rest period and punching bag of the conference.

1. Salem - led by Rhodes, Wilms, Johnson..............Graduated Exline, Beck, Riesen
2. Marlington - led by Denham, Bates, *Skelding.................Graduated Dezenzo, Grimes, Tortola, Evanich, Odey
3. West Branch - led by Alazaus, Shields, Perry.......................Graduated Wilson

Threw in a couple notables to my knowledge, could be missing a few. Two-man race for the title, 3-5 is interchangeable, and Minerva is likely going to be the rest period and punching bag of the conference.
I like this. Just unfortunately for Marlington; Denham is also injured and out for the year. I could see Minerva giving a team a scare on an off night... It's baseball, anything can happen. But I agree, I think they will be towards the bottom of the conference.

I like this. Just unfortunately for Marlington; Denham is also injured and out for the year. I could see Minerva giving a team a scare on an off night... It's baseball, anything can happen. But I agree, I think they will be towards the bottom of the conference.
A larger drop off for Marlington than anticipated. Nearly half of the lineup will have new faces from last years EBC title run. I still like them at the 2/3

A larger drop off for Marlington than anticipated. Nearly half of the lineup will have new faces from last years EBC title run. I still like them at the 2/3
I think they can range from second to last in my honest opinion. Saying this strictly on the fact that they could be taken lightly, they still have solid coaching / good culture, and Bates will still be a force in their lineup and a sure glove in their infield. Also saying last because of their issues with depth in the pitching rotation and also offensively.

I don't think this is unanimous. I think you posting two messages in a row heavily leaning toward Salem sort of exposes your troll. A Salem fan or parent posing as an Alliance fan/parent.
Hey man. Everyone I've seen post in here says Salem. Was just putting my thoughts out there, Sherlock. Thanks for your feedback though!

You said Salem as well... Very confused on why you are coming at me.

You said Salem as well... Very confused on why you are coming at me.
"My new profile picture is a photo of my son who recently played baseball at UMU!"

Your "son" is still actively playing at Mount.... I am not coming at you. It is an anonymous feed, so do as you may. But after reading through your messages and seeing you ironically have made it to all of the Salem games as a said Alliance homer makes it clear that you are posing as someone you are not. You are a Salem fan/parent. Which is not any problem, but the troll isn't good for the feeds.

"My new profile picture is a photo of my son who recently played baseball at UMU!"

Your "son" is still actively playing at Mount.... I am not coming at you. It is an anonymous feed, so do as you may. But after reading through your messages and seeing you ironically have made it to all of the Salem games as a said Alliance homer makes it clear that you are posing as someone you are not. You are a Salem fan/parent. Which is not any problem, but the troll isn't good for the feeds.
He was actually thinking about not playing anymore to focus on his schooling. So yeah when I made my account it was going to be "recently". Not everything revolves around you, you don't know everything! Let's focus on the EBC thread here! Thanks.

He was actually thinking about not playing anymore to focus on his schooling. So yeah when I made my account it was going to be "recently". Not everything revolves around you, you don't know everything! Let's focus on the EBC thread here! Thanks.
He literally played in a game April 3rd, the day before you sent that message and April 10th, later that week… allow me to take a shovel and help you dig your hole deeper. It’s not funny, it’s actually quite odd that you are impersonating someone.