2023 Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 6)

Wapakoneta is a decent team, but not really good if they were really good they would not have lost to Defiance, who is mediocre this year. Marion Local should get credit for beating them, but Wapakoneta is not one of the top teams in D-III, the top teams in D-III are TCC then Ursuline, and the next tier is Badin and Watterson. Wapakoneta is not among those top teams. Mind you if Wapakoneta was a really good D-III team they wouldn't have lost to a slightly down Marion Local either, they are not quite at the level we are accustomed but still dominant for D-VII.
My guess is Wapak makes it to the final 8 in D3, in my opinion that classifies them as a good D3 team.

As for Marion Local the Flyers will be tested in the playoffs rarely does Marion Local ever just roll throughout the playoffs without a close game.

My ultimate prediction is a Marion Local vs Dalton final. I think the Flyers pull off a few upsets in the playoffs and make it back. A few folks here got worked up because I ranked Marion Local #8, considering it poor humor. Believe me, I'm not such a mirthful person.
dennis weening lol GIF by SBS6

man it's hilarious. I didn't know every post had to be serious and that we can't clown around.

My guess is Wapak makes it to the final 8 in D3, in my opinion that classifies them as a good D3 team.
The problem with that reasoning is that the best teams are not always evenly distributed among all 4 regions in a division. This year TCC is the clear favorite, Ursuline is a clear 2nd and everyone else will get slaughtered by TCC. Last year region 9 comprised most of the top 10 teams in D-III, this year that is not the case, there seems to be more parity aside from TCC and Ursuline being leaps and bounds above the rest.

As Goodwin says all the time, he's a math guy and always looks at match-ups and probabilities. Can we clearly say all those teams mentioned that were supposedly way better than Marion, actually are better? No we can't, because it is all about match-ups. I don't know anything about South Range really but just for comparisons sake can we say Marion would not have beat them with their record breaking defense last year? I'm not convinced they wouldn't have because that was the best defense Marion has ever put on the field. I think in that game it would be if Marion could gash through SR's defense. Match ups, match ups are the game.

Wapakoneta is a decent team, but not really good if they were really good they would not have lost to Defiance, who is mediocre this year. Marion Local should get credit for beating them, but Wapakoneta is not one of the top teams in D-III, the top teams in D-III are TCC then Ursuline, and the next tier is Badin and Watterson. Wapakoneta is not among those top teams. Mind you if Wapakoneta was a really good D-III team they wouldn't have lost to a slightly down Marion Local either, they are not quite at the level we are accustomed but still dominant for D-VII.
DEfiance is a Mediocre 5-1 team?

The problem with that reasoning is that the best teams are not always evenly distributed among all 4 regions in a division. This year TCC is the clear favorite, Ursuline is a clear 2nd and everyone else will get slaughtered by TCC. Last year region 9 comprised most of the top 10 teams in D-III, this year that is not the case, there seems to be more parity aside from TCC and Ursuline being leaps and bounds above the rest.
Once again, my opinion. You get to the Region finals and you are better than a ‘decent’ team.

DEfiance is a Mediocre 5-1 team?
The projection systems project that Defiance would lose 42-0 to TCC in its most favorable projection and on the other side of things a projection system projects TCC 63 Defiance 0. Against Ursuline they are projected to lose between 35-7 and 42-6. If they were good they would not be projected to get slaughtered by both teams.
For comparison Canfield who is not anywhere near as good as when they won state last year (and probably a fringe top 10 team at best, maybe as low as 15th) is projected to lose 35-14 to Ursuline worst case scenario and lose 42-7 to TCC worst case scenario.

Once again, my opinion. You get to the Region finals and you are better than a ‘decent’ team.
All the teams in the regional finals from regions 11 and 12 last year were not very good with the exception of Bloom-Carroll who was maybe 8th to 10th in D-III, the rest were not good compared to the rest of D-III. All the really good teams were in region 9 and to a lesser extent 10 last year, regions 11 and 12 were garbage generally speaking. This year the best team is TCC region 10, followed by Ursuline region 9, followed by Badin and Watterson from regions 12 and 11 respectively. The rest of D-III will have a negligible impact, they will just get slaughtered by TCC. The reality is what it is, TCC is the defending D-II state champion and they look really good again this year.

The projection systems project that Defiance would lose 42-0 to TCC in its most favorable projection and on the other side of things a projection system projects TCC 63 Defiance 0. Against Ursuline they are projected to lose between 35-7 and 42-6. If they were good they would not be projected to get slaughtered by both teams.
For comparison Canfield who is not anywhere near as good as when they won state last year (and probably a fringe top 10 team at best, maybe as low as 15th) is projected to lose 35-14 to Ursuline worst case scenario and lose 42-7 to TCC worst case scenario.
so in your thought process.. there are a WHOLE LOT of mediocre teams out there... what is this PROJECTION system that you use?

so in your thought process.. there are a WHOLE LOT of mediocre teams out there... what is this PROJECTION system that you use?
I use several different sites that are all readily available to the public. You are welcome to try any of them that are out there. And yes in D-III there are not very many teams that you could call good or very good because at the end of the day it is all relative to the other teams if that makes sense.

I use several different sites that are all readily available to the public. You are welcome to try any of them that are out there. And yes in D-III there are not very many teams that you could call good or very good because at the end of the day it is all relative to the other teams if that makes sense.
how about you look at your several sites, and come up with the top 10 greatist teams in Div 3...

this year, would like to follow them thru the rest of the year and see if one of those Crappy DIV 3 schools can compete with those big boys
Top teams in D-III in my opinion:
1. TCC (Really good)

Big separation

2. Ursuline (Good)

Big Separation

Everyone hereafter is not particularly good
Badin
Bishop Watterson

Big Separation

Might be decent, too early to tell
London
Norton

Big Separation

Very fringey, borderline garbage
Kenston
Chardon
Bloom-Carroll

Everyone else is total garbage in D-III with respect to the level of competition (TCC)

Why do I picture Simkon sitting in his study with a pipe in the corner of his mouth, wearing a tweed jacket with patches on the elbows, peering down his nose at all the lowly teams that don’t approach the level of TCC and Ursuline?

No mention of this juggernaut 6-0 Tiffin Calvert in your top 10. Huge O line top notch veteran QB RB’s and receivers. Don’t sleep on the Senecas.

1. TCC (Really good)

Big separation

2. Ursuline (Good)

Big Separation

Badin
Bishop Watterson

Big Separation

London
Norton

Big Separation

Kenston
Chardon
Bloom-Carroll

Everyone else is total garbage in D-III with respect to the level of competition (TCC)
i thought i would get this type of response from you on this...LOL!!!!

1. TCC (Really good)

Big separation

2. Ursuline (Good)

Big Separation

Badin
Bishop Watterson

Big Separation

London
Norton

Big Separation

Kenston
Chardon
Bloom-Carroll

so how many of these teams have you actually seen this year play?

All the teams in the regional finals from regions 11 and 12 last year were not very good with the exception of Bloom-Carroll who was maybe 8th to 10th in D-III, the rest were not good compared to the rest of D-III. All the really good teams were in region 9 and to a lesser extent 10 last year, regions 11 and 12 were garbage generally speaking. This year the best team is TCC region 10, followed by Ursuline region 9, followed by Badin and Watterson from regions 12 and 11 respectively. The rest of D-III will have a negligible impact, they will just get slaughtered by TCC. The reality is what it is, TCC is the defending D-II state champion and they look really good again this year.
You are silly. BC 8-10th place last year.... ok. whatever. Watterson was winning the regional final game by 3 with under 2 minutes but because BC scored a late TD on a drive that they completed 2 4th and over 10's to win, Watterson is "garbage". I'm sure Chardon fans would take issue with you labeling them borderline garbage when they lost a tight game 2.5 hours away in Cbus to Watterson this year. Maybe your assessment of TCC and Ursuline is correct, but its hard to take you seriously

Last edited:
Is the center from the 7th grade team?
They have and OHSAA count of 47 boys, 48 girls

They have 43 on their football roster. Baseball team has been to the final four the last two years, volleyball was won two State titles in he last five years and are a favorite to win it this year, boys basketball has won 45 games the last two years.....considering what they have to work with, they do pretty well.

God bless the Senecas, man! Plenty of respect for that tiny Catholic school — they do more with less in everything.

I think two of those linemen were on the Final Four baseball team (who may have gotten robbed by a bad call in the field?)
Yes, Conner and Kyle Moyer...now sophomores this year. Really good baseball players.

They have and OHSAA count of 47 boys, 48 girls

They have 43 on their football roster. Baseball team has been to the final four the last two years, volleyball was won two State titles in he last five years and are a favorite to win it this year, boys basketball has won 45 games the last two years.....considering what they have to work with, they do pretty well.
that's awesome