2023 Bengals

Bengals need to draft a TE in the 1st rd. next year. Top TE's are cheaper than top wr's so it is hard to pick one up in FA as teams usually don't let really good TE's walk.
Not sure about the first. Bowers likely goes top half of the draft if not the top 10. Not sure the next group is worth a first or second round pick.

Defensive line played outstanding most of the night especially on pass plays. God I hope they find the money for DJ Reader. I know he played a good portion of the game against a back up but Hendrickson was a man possessed. Could have ended up with 5-7 sacks, he was close on a few more.

Defensive line played outstanding most of the night especially on pass plays. God I hope they find the money for DJ Reader. I know he played a good portion of the game against a back up but Hendrickson was a man possessed. Could have ended up with 5-7 sacks, he was close on a few more.

Amazing how different the pass rush looks when you have the lead.

Hendrickson had two sacks and two others negated by penalty.

Every starting DL had a sack.

They did but it helps immensely when you are playing against backups, they are called backups for a reason.

Tennessee’s offense has been absolute feces, but Sunday seems to set up as a game where the Bengals go lose an ugly rock fight in Nashville. This offense is still pretty limited, and the Rams’ defense stinks outside of Donald.

Jay Morrison

Sure, here you go

Times sacked thru 3 games in Taylor era
2022: 15
2020: 14
2019: 11
2021: 10
2023: 5

QB hits taken thru 3 games in Taylor era
2020: 30
2022: 29
2023: 20
2021: 17
2019: 14

Jay Morrison

Sure, here you go

Times sacked thru 3 games in Taylor era
2022: 15
2020: 14
2019: 11
2021: 10
2023: 5

QB hits taken thru 3 games in Taylor era
2020: 30
2022: 29
2023: 20
2021: 17
2019: 14

The hits start to add up. Burrow did what he had to do last night but he definitely didn’t look anywhere close to 100% healthy. The next 2 games vs Ten & Ari are very winnable and vs Seattle should be a shootout. Get to the bye at 3-3 and get healthy because week 8 & 9 are SF and Buffalo - very tough games.

Not sure about the first. Bowers likely goes top half of the draft if not the top 10. Not sure the next group is worth a first or second round pick.
They missed the boat this past draft. Plenty of good young TEs in 2023. I'm not big on taking one with a 1st Round pick, but probably would be getting more use out of a TE than the DE from Clemson to this point.

According to post game interviews, a number of plays were RPO’s and run plays that Burrow audibled out of based on the looks they were getting from the defense.
That was my gut feeling as well. The Rams pulled the defense in, and made it very difficult to run on them, they wanted to make Joe throw and he did. That is a bunch of throws, but only a half dozen or so were really deep and hard throws with zip on the ball.

Just to re jump start this thread, several observations, Nick Scott < Vonn Bell, Dax Hill potential > Bates, I know this is a controversial take Benglas line backer's good vs pass not so good against the run. D - Line above avg. esp Henrickson pass rush and Reader in the middle vs the run. Hubbard gives you everything he has but IMO is an avg. NFL DE. I think Awuzie just needs time to readjust at corner after coming off an ACL tear, CTB I think is very good. Oline is the best Burrow has had but is thin in back up talent and I am less than impressed with Volson FWIW. WR's are really good but I think is the most over rated position in football, TE hopefully Hudson is good but is a position that the Bengals need to address to me a position more important than WR plus good TE's are cheaper than WR's. Running back basically Mixon hopefully he does not go down but most importantly is JB's health needs to improve. Coaching I have faith in LA as DC, ZT I think just got lucky with Burrow, Callahan at OC not sure if he is the play caller or not but his dad is a hell of a O- line coach for the browns (maybe a chip off the old block). Which brings me to Pollack if he is in charge of O - line drafting results are abysmal nor have any of the younger lineman progressed.

Don’t forget at CB that DJ Turner has looked good early and in a small sample size.

Has only allowed one catch for 5yds

F7CQBtRXkAEzQ34.jpg

D-line should feast on Tannehill. He's as much of a statue as Stafford.
Brady wasn't a statue? Burrow is not mobile, sacked 60 plus times 2 years ago. Titans use to have one of the best olines in football now one of the worst, Hendrickson could have a field day vs Dillard, given up 6 sacks already this year.

Brady wasn't a statue? Burrow is not mobile, sacked 60 plus times 2 years ago. Titans use to have one of the best olines in football now one of the worst, Hendrickson could have a field day vs Dillard, given up 6 sacks already this year.

I’d say Burrow is plenty mobile. He’s not Lamar but he’s far from Brady too.

Also, if you look at the stats, your most mobile QBs also tend to be the most sacked too because they get sacked trying to extend plays.