Dixie at Arcanum Trojans 21-13
TCN at Miss Valley Panthers 45-0
Bradford at Tri-Village Patriots 56-6

Ansonia at Preble Shawnee. Arrows 28-22
National Trail at TVS. Blazers 35-30
Dixie at Arcanum. Trojans 21-16
TCN at Miss Valley. Panthers 45-0
Bradford at Tri-Village. Patriots 63-0

I agree also. Two of the teams Bradford beat will probably make the playoffs too. In Region 4 a 1-7 team is in. Should only be 8 teams at most per region. Just a money grab by OHSAA.
I just saw that Fantastic50 posted that the easiest Region to get a playoff berth is Region 24. Region 28 is the 3rd easiest.

I just saw that Fantastic50 posted that the easiest Region to get a playoff berth is Region 24. Region 28 is the 3rd easiest.
Then turn around and see region 28 has Marion, Ansonia, New Bremen, and Minster, and let’s not forget Riverside either who will most likely be undefeated in and win the TRC.

Ansonia at Preble Shawnee. Arrows 28-22
National Trail at TVS. Blazers 35-30
Dixie at Arcanum. Trojans 21-16
TCN at Miss Valley. Panthers 45-0
Bradford at Tri-Village. Patriots 63-0
I like the idea, but just don’t think the Arrows can get physical enough to hang with Ansonia. They previewed a little wildcat option with Weiss at QB and numerous other guys at HB and basically run a power read option.

Then turn around and see region 28 has Marion, Ansonia, New Bremen, and Minster, and let’s not forget Riverside either who will most likely be undefeated in and win the TRC.
unreal. That Division is stacked. As a PS guy, even though we play Friday, I hope Ansonia has all the success in the playoffs. They have built a great program

unreal. That Division is stacked. As a PS guy, even though we play Friday, I hope Ansonia has all the success in the playoffs. They have built a great program
Agreed, can’t forget about Fort Loramie and Mechanicsburg that are hanging out towards the bottom with North. Certainly the toughest region in any division.

What I was saying though was not in regard to the strength of the good teams that are in each region, just how easy it is to get into the playoffs with the Harbin points cutoffs. Which is related to what was being discussed with teams like Dixie, Bradford and TCN getting in the playoffs.

What I was saying though was not in regard to the strength of the good teams that are in each region, just how easy it is to get into the playoffs with the Harbin points cutoffs. Which is related to what was being discussed with teams like Dixie, Bradford and TCN getting in the playoffs.
Not saying anything about that because you’re right, there’s no reason teams that are below .500 to make the playoffs. Go back to the top 8 and leave it at that. Even 12 isn’t awful but the OHSAA makes more money the more teams they have make it. More tickets, tshirts, and venue fees. I won’t be surprised if they adopt the baseball and basketball approach where everyone plays in a tourney game.

Ansonia at Preble Shawnee
National Trail at TVS (could go either way)
Dixie at Arcanum
TCN
at Miss Valley
Bradford at Tri-Village

Not saying anything about that because you’re right, there’s no reason teams that are below .500 to make the playoffs. Go back to the top 8 and leave it at that. Even 12 isn’t awful but the OHSAA makes more money the more teams they have make it. More tickets, tshirts, and venue fees. I won’t be surprised if they adopt the baseball and basketball approach where everyone plays in a tourney game.
I'm not disagreeing with that at all. The crazy thing is that even with 16 teams getting in, Region 26 is still looking at multiple teams not getting in that have winning records.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. The crazy thing is that even with 16 teams getting in, Region 26 is still looking at multiple teams not getting in that have winning records.
Technically, MV still has a shot with this format and those kids know they wouldn't win half of them might not even come.

>>Not saying anything about that because you’re right, there’s no reason teams that are below .500 to make the playoffs. Go back to the top 8 and >>leave it at that. Even 12 isn’t awful but the OHSAA makes more money the more teams they have make it. More tickets, tshirts, and venue fees. I >>won’t be surprised if they adopt the baseball and basketball approach where everyone plays in a tourney game.

If I remember right it is Texas where teams play a 9 game season, but everyone makes the play offs for their 10th game. I can see things headed that direction.

Technically, MV still has a shot with this format and those kids know they wouldn't win half of them might not even come.
I mean yes technically but MV won’t win a game this year. North should win pretty big and Ansonia will dismantle them. North could win by as much as 40 If they wanted and Ansonia could win by 100+ if they wanted. MV is just bad bad…

With arcanum’s win against Dixie 9 out of 10 WOAC teams are in the playoff picture and they will probably be 9 WOAC teams in the playoffs!

Ansonia has jumped Marion in Region 28 and are currently the 1 seed. I’m sure Marion beating Coldwater will give them the nod to the 1 and rightfully so but still cool if you’re a Tiger fan or follower.

Ansonia has jumped Marion in Region 28 and are currently the 1 seed. I’m sure Marion beating Coldwater will give them the nod to the 1 and rightfully so but still cool if you’re a Tiger fan or follower.
That's fun for Ansonia fans to be sure, but is additional evidence for why this system does not accurately reflect true power of a program. Ansonia would likely slot in at 4 or 5 in the MAC. Marion , Coldwater and Versailles would all be considerably better IMO, and Minster vs Ansonia would be a competitive game.

Fortunately, since going to 16 teams in a region, no deserving teams get left out.

Just looked Drew's rankings up and he would have Ansonia at 7th in the MAC behind the four I mentioned and also Anna and New Bremen. Just barely stronger than Delphos and St Henery.

Last edited:
That's fun for Ansonia fans to be sure, but is additional evidence for why this system does not accurately reflect true power of a program. Ansonia would likely slot in at 4 or 5 in the MAC. Marion , Coldwater and Versailles would all be considerably better IMO, and Minster vs Ansonia would be a competitive game.

Fortunately, since going to 16 teams in a region, no deserving teams get left out.

Just looked Drew's rankings up and he would have Ansonia at 7th in the MAC behind the four I mentioned and also Anna and New Bremen. Just barely stronger than Delphos and St Henery.
Good thing predictions don’t mean anything. Clearly the MAC is a better conference. The fun part is we might see Ansonia and St Henry. Ansonia is a physical team that would give a lot of MAC schools a game

7th? I’m not buying that. Would ansonia beat Coldwater, Marion Local, or Versailles? No, but they would be favored against other teams in the MAC IMO. In 2022 they lost by 4 to eventual state champion New Bremen, who finished 3rd in the MAC that year.

I believe Ansonia to be 2nd in region 28 this year to only Marion Local. And here in a few weeks we are going to find out!

Week 10 in the WOAC
MV @ Ansonia 60-6
Arcanum @ Bradford 27-20
Shawnee @ Dixie 63-0
TV @ Trail 44-12
TVS @ TCN 34-30 Could go either way