2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

Even though it’s only a one point game unfortunately Georgia is the better team. It will be an upset if OSU wins.

They are so much bigger at every position it’s honestly sick to witness. Their margin for error is as wide as the ocean while one little mess up by OSU is disastrous.

Without Middleton OSU has absolutely no scoring punch from their bench, length, or floor spacing.
That Diebler (8 - 2) must he heck of a coach considering OSU sucks so bad in talent. Keep on hating or trolling.

Having smaller guards just makes it that much harder for them to finish inside. Need bigger/longer guards across the board. Roddy Gayle at only 6'4 cannot be your biggest guard.

Terrible, terrible, terrible loss. Diebler cannot coach defense.

Georgia owns Ohio State more so than Michigan does.

4-0 against OSU in the money making sports and we are ok with this?

Terrible, terrible, terrible loss. Diebler cannot coach defense.

Georgia owns Ohio State more so than Michigan does.

4-0 against OSU in the money making sports and we are ok with this?
You suck it was a 1 pt. game either team could have won btw difference in the game was UGA's 3 pt. shooting 10 - OSU's 7. Points in the paint probably favored OSU. But keep trolling Buckeye hater.

OSU for whatever reason seemed lethargic first 30 mins. of the game but heck of a comeback. Biggest liability on this team is depth which hopefully will be rectified in the TP.

You suck it was a 1 pt. game either team could have won btw difference in the game was UGA's 3 pt. shooting 10 - OSU's 7. Points in the paint probably favored OSU. But keep trolling Buckeye hater.
I said before that Georgia was the better team which makes having Diebler that much more concerning. He couldn’t coach his way to a win at home vs a team who had one less day of rest. Just pathetic, I don’t know how anyone can back this program.

Believe @wolves82 made this observation in recent weeks, but Diebler has them playing at a much faster pace with a lot more possessions per game. The last month or so they've consistently averaged 80-85 trips per game on both ends of the floor. They probably rarely exceeded 70 this year under Holtmann, and at a glance were probably consistently around 65-68 possessions in league play.

If that's not a particular person's preference, fine, but it's evident the guys played with a lot more energy and some of the marginal role players like Bonner were a lot better when getting up and down and being more aggressive in space defensively. Getting up and down suited the strengths of an undersized roster and gave them a chance to win more often.

Going forward and knowing the coach's background, if this is the philosophy/style of play for Diebler's program I wouldn't worry about recruiting. Kids will want to play for him because he's going to let them get up and down.

Believe @wolves82 made this observation in recent weeks, but Diebler has them playing at a much faster pace with a lot more possessions per game. The last month or so they've consistently averaged 80-85 trips per game on both ends of the floor. They probably rarely exceeded 70 this year under Holtmann, and at a glance were probably consistently around 65-68 possessions in league play.

If that's not a particular person's preference, fine, but it's evident the guys played with a lot more energy and some of the marginal role players like Bonner were a lot better when getting up and down and being more aggressive in space defensively. Getting up and down suited the strengths of an undersized roster and gave them a chance to win more often.

Going forward and knowing the coach's background, if this is the philosophy/style of play for Diebler's program I wouldn't worry about recruiting. Kids will want to play for him because he's going to let them get up and down.
So happy to see one intelligent, reasonable post on this page amidst all the whining and complaining. Diebler got the most he could out of a sub-par roster, made weaker by not having Middleton. The kids on the floor played really hard, one could say too hard, causing some poor passes and ball-handling mistakes due to rushing things.

I agree that this style of ball will help Diebler in the portal and in recruiting. For next year, if I were in charge, you keep Thornton, Gayle, Okpara, Royal and Middleton. Maybe Hardman - always good to have a pure shooter on the bench. The rest can go away. Hit the portal hard to find some lengthy wing shooters and some size. Maybe a backup PG.

If they upgrade the roster a bit, and always play with the energy shown the last few weeks, the program will be fine under Diebler.

Ah yes, the infamous “4 games between the two biggest sports over 50 years” Rivalry.
IMO the games against teams you rarely see are the most important. You don’t live in the southeast so you don’t have to deal with these clowns on an everyday basis.

When is the next time OSU is going to play Georgia? Another 30 or 40 years? Their fanbase now laughs at OSU for getting the last win. It’s not like another Big Ten team where you can get redemption the next season.

The SEC and Georgia laugh at Ohio State because of how pathetic the university is against their conference in the money making sports.

IMO the games against teams you rarely see are the most important. You don’t live in the southeast so you don’t have to deal with these clowns on an everyday basis.

When is the next time OSU is going to play Georgia? Another 30 or 40 years? Their fanbase now laughs at OSU for getting the last win. It’s not like another Big Ten team where you can get redemption the next season.

The SEC and Georgia laugh at Ohio State because of how pathetic the university is against their conference in the money making sports.
I lived in the southeast for a little under 5 years until November 2022.

Important? Sometimes. In the natty? Yes. The NIT? Disagree. But that doesn’t make it a rivalry when they play each other once every 20-30 years.

My wife is a UGA grad. We get together with a lot of her UGA friends frequently. None are laughing at OSU, most respect them for being one of the few northern teams that compete against the southern elites. And yes I realize this is just anecdotal evidence.

Last edited: