2022 SWBL

Miami East is a solid team but looking at schedule they have Troy C and Milton. Who else will prepare them for a tourney run. Not knocking them as they will probably win 20 games and that’s tough to do.
ME had Versailles to.I would love to see PS and ME in tournament at some point. We will se see how good Carisle is tonight, I expect it to be a great game.

ME had Versailles to.I would love to see PS and ME in tournament at some point. We will se see how good Carisle is tonight, I expect it to be a great game.
I agree I think Shawnee and MEast would be a good matchup. Carlisle has been down for some time in bball. Got a new coach last year and has turned program around. Not saying they will beat Shawnee but it’s a good measuring stick for them if they expect to win a few games in tourney. I expect a good game tonight

I agree I think Shawnee and MEast would be a good matchup. Carlisle has been down for some time in bball. Got a new coach last year and has turned program around. Not saying they will beat Shawnee but it’s a good measuring stick for them if they expect to win a few games in tourney. I expect a good game tonight
Roth and Enis for Miami East will be too much for Preble!

Shawnee 51
Carlisle 35

Shawnee defense was legit tonight. Very impressive. Carlisle struggled to get anything going on offense

Up next for the mighty Hornets 🐝 is Little Miami Panthers at our place. LM is 5-7 and MHS is 7-5. Should be a decent matchup. The Hornets 🐝 nest will be buzzing this Friday when Franklin comes to town. Always one the biggest rivalries around here. My god is Franklin awful!😳 0-10? Jeez! Hopefully we’ll bring the sting to em! GO HORNETS BUZZ BUZZ! 🐝

Last edited:
Whos top dog in the SWBL come February?
Oakwood is in the East and Carlisle is in the West. Oakwood Has best player in Conference in Maxwell and will carry them to a league title. Carlisle has played a really good schedule and to be at 8-3 speaks volume.Carlisle 3losses have been to Oakwood, Bellbrook and a very good Shawnee team. Carlisle beat a very good Fenwick team at Fenwick.

Monroe beats LM 49-42. Pretty sloppy in 2nd half from both teams. Monroe could have won by 20 points if they hit their foul shots. Taylor had 18 points. We’re 8-5 going into Friday’s showdown with Franklin. Monroe needs to eliminate the stupid turnovers. They play too fast and pass too much. LM couldn’t buy a basket. We weren’t so hot tonight but made good plays on defense to get it done. Can’t wait for Friday! GO HORNETS 🐝 BUZZ BUZZ! 🐝

Monroe beats LM 49-42. Pretty sloppy in 2nd half from both teams. Monroe could have won by 20 points if they hit their foul shots. Taylor had 18 points. We’re 8-5 going into Friday’s showdown with Franklin. Monroe needs to eliminate the stupid turnovers. They play too fast and pass too much. LM couldn’t buy a basket. We weren’t so hot tonight but made good plays on defense to get it done. Can’t wait for Friday! GO HORNETS 🐝 BUZZ BUZZ! 🐝
You guys should handle Franklin this year. i know its a big game for both schools though.

Miamisburg 76
Valley View 32

Im hearing VV has some issues going on? Heard Stidham has been out the last few games and they had a Senior quit the team yesterday?

Miamisburg 76
Valley View 32

Im hearing VV has some issues going on? Heard Stidham has been out the last few games and they had a Senior quit the team yesterday?

I have not been to a game but watch the home games on YouTube. I saw some pictures from tonight's game and noticed one senior was missing but he may just not have been in the pictures. VV has decent athletes but no real basketball players. The freshman seem ok and I know there's a talented group of 8th graders coming up.

Fridays Games-

Eaton @ Carlisle

Brookville @ Bellbrook

Franklin @ Monroe

Madison @ Valley View
Eaton @ Carlisle --Going with Carlisle here by 10

Brookville @ Bellbrook --Similar records but there is a difference between the East and West. Bellbrook by 12

Franklin @ Monroe-- Franklin remains winless. Monroe coming off a nice win versus Little Miami, who I might add beat Middletown earlier in the season. This means nothing, but worth noting. Cook will get his 20, but it won't be enough to overcome the sweat bees at Monroe.

Madison @ Valley View-- I saw Madison play earlier in the season and was not impressed. They are looking better now and will chop the Spartans. Can it be possible that VV is still in football mode.... only kidding, just riding the theme from earlier in the season.

Eaton @ Carlisle --Going with Carlisle here by 10

Brookville @ Bellbrook --Similar records but there is a difference between the East and West. Bellbrook by 12

Franklin @ Monroe-- Franklin remains winless. Monroe coming off a nice win versus Little Miami, who I might add beat Middletown earlier in the season. This means nothing, but worth noting. Cook will get his 20, but it won't be enough to overcome the sweat bees at Monroe.

Madison @ Valley View-- I saw Madison play earlier in the season and was not impressed. They are looking better now and will chop the Spartans. Can it be possible that VV is still in football mode.... only kidding, just riding the theme from earlier in the season.
My picks are the same.
Madison has some Injuries on the bench now I hear.. Starters get after it, but if they get in foul trouble, Goodnight Mohawks. I can see this game going either way

Somehow Brookville beat Oakwood this year? I agree East is better from top to bottom. It should be but it’s not as bad has it’s been in years past. Looking at records I believe the West is 6-10 against the East. I agree with the favorites as well. I agree VV/ Madison has the potential to go either way.

Is that surprising? Smaller schools struggle with bigger schools in most sports. We have that issue inside SWBL. When a school has twice as many students to choose from it becomes tougher to beat them
Made the comment to prove a point about posters here.

Monroe beats Franklin 59-40. First half was pretty tight. Second half we took over and never looked back. Franklin was pretty poor shooting the ball but every team is at some point. Yet again Monroe had too many turnovers that gave Franklin too many opportunities they couldn’t cash in. Of course High School kids are gonna play aggressive and try to do too much at once but my god! Franklin has one really good player but has zero help. Monroe has Wyoming tomorrow at home. Monroe goes to 9-5 overall and 5-2 in league play. GO HORNETS 🐝 BUZZ BUZZ!

Carlisle 59
Eaton 55

game was tight Carlisle came out flat 1st quarter but turned it around the next few.
Lawson (18) Taylor (13) Smith (12) to lead the Indians.

If Monroe’s gonna pull the upset tonight they’re gonna have to cut the turnovers and play great defense. Wyoming’s 10-1 and you can bet heavily favored. Looking at their statistics they’re pretty solid. This will be a great test to see where we stand against one the best teams we’ll face in the regular season. #Bring the Sting!🐝

Monroe beats Franklin 59-40. First half was pretty tight. Second half we took over and never looked back. Franklin was pretty poor shooting the ball but every team is at some point. Yet again Monroe had too many turnovers that gave Franklin too many opportunities they couldn’t cash in. Of course High School kids are gonna play aggressive and try to do too much at once but my god! Franklin has one really good player but has zero help. Monroe has Wyoming tomorrow at home. Monroe goes to 9-5 overall and 5-2 in league play. GO HORNETS 🐝 BUZZ BUZZ!
Monroe played a really solid game. Balanced scoring. I have not seen the box score yet, but I believe the hornets had 4 players in double figures. If not 4, definitely 3. Worked the ball for better shots and attacked the paint with Fults. He was an animal last night. Played great and strong.
Franklin is one dimensional. The Cook kid is solid. He got his but got into foul trouble. Actually picked up his 4th foul at the end of the first half. Yeah, you read that correctly. His 4th foul right before half time. Franklin coach put him back in to get off another shot with less than 10 seconds on the half. Monroe’s Taylor was pressuring him, stole the ball at half court and Cook intentionally fouled him. Like I said, the Cook kid is a solid player but showed some immaturity (sophomore) in his foul at that point. Also, question the coach putting him back in with three fouls to begin with.
Franklin fans are disgruntled to begin with, let alone now with the winless cats. Last night may be the last real opportunity for the wildcats to get a victory. They still have Fenwick, Ross and Oakwood. All very good teams. “Once a wildcat, always a wildcat” Like I have said multiple times, Bales knew what he was doing because the cupboard is empty in Wildcat County.

Monroe played a really solid game. Balanced scoring. I have not seen the box score yet, but I believe the hornets had 4 players in double figures. If not 4, definitely 3. Worked the ball for better shots and attacked the paint with Fults. He was an animal last night. Played great and strong.
Franklin is one dimensional. The Cook kid is solid. He got his but got into foul trouble. Actually picked up his 4th foul at the end of the first half. Yeah, you read that correctly. His 4th foul right before half time. Franklin coach put him back in to get off another shot with less than 10 seconds on the half. Monroe’s Taylor was pressuring him, stole the ball at half court and Cook intentionally fouled him. Like I said, the Cook kid is a solid player but showed some immaturity (sophomore) in his foul at that point. Also, question the coach putting him back in with three fouls to begin with.
Franklin fans are disgruntled to begin with, let alone now with the winless cats. Last night may be the last real opportunity for the wildcats to get a victory. They still have Fenwick, Ross and Oakwood. All very good teams. “Once a wildcat, always a wildcat” Like I have said multiple times, Bales knew what he was doing because the cupboard is empty in Wildcat County.

Franklin still has Waynesville, Valley View and Brookville left.

Franklin still has Waynesville, Valley View and Brookville left.
I apologize for the oversight. They also play Thurgood Marshall and Tri Village along with some repeats in the SWBL including Monroe again. I thought we were deeper into the season than that. I don’t see them going winless… they will get a few wins. They have had a handful of really close games. If Cook doesn’t get into foul trouble as I mentioned in my original post, the Monroe game would have been a tighter game.