2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great season ! This team is loaded with underclassmen ! Beating St Ed’s and absolutely dominating all of the garbage Stark Co schools they played this season. The goal is to win the title and they didn’t achieve that goal but had a great season and the best thing about Massillon Tiger football is we will be right back here again next season to try and achieve that goal once again.
TIG till I die !!!!

Moore was ask if he coached during the season for Hoban, practicing plays and putting them in games and he said NO, that is only for McKinley. Seems odd when you're dominating an opponent, even your main rival, why you wouldn't work on your main roadblock to a state title?

Is the talent discrepancy still is too great to make a difference or are we getting outcoached?

Terrell said in the halftime interview he knew what was coming and that he could draw the DBs up, to throw over them, similar to how Mt. Union had all-time rushing leader Nate Kimick as a decoy, to throw over the secondary, to win a national championship.

To sellout to stop Sperling, with three Hoban receivers with 30 catches was suicidal. We stopped him the first half but after they burned us twice, the announcers mentioned a number of times, the Hoban receivers running wide open behind the secondary where throws weren't made or were incomplete.

It's clear we still aren't at the same talent level of these teams but are we still are being outcoached!

This has been going on the last 50 yrs. where we have an outstanding team that isn't on the same level as the all-stars teams. What do we do to take that last step to catchup?

You have their scores against the IMGs, national all-star teams, that they started to schedule, till they were drubbed several times and realized that being national champion wasn't realistic and was beyond the purpose of scholastic sports.

When the trolls start trying to rub our noses in it, realize their teams wouldn't schedule us and it only took Hoban less than a decade to put together their all-star team while Ignatius has fallen behind St. Eds as the dominant team in the state. You would have thought LaSalle was setup for a long run and after a 2-9 season this year, it only further magnifies the traditions of our program, to stay as one of the top teams, this long!

If there were scheduling on a regional / national basis they are further removed from the national all-star teams than we are from them.

Last edited:
It's not so much us as them. Just physically stronger and faster across the board. I am 100% positive we will be here next year. I know it is trying but keep the faith. All we can do. I know the kids are more resilient and will be back working their e$ off in no time.

That said offensively I hope Slaughter makes a big stride, and it seems we are more effective attacking the middle of the field than deep fades and sideline patterns. HAVE to take advantage of the D1 TE also. Dude has an offer to Pitt already and had like 2 targets all year. That HAS to change! Also need to add some speed at the perimeter and create more room to run, to compliment the power game.

Defensively - no clue how we'll ever be strong enough to match Hoban's size and skill. I guess for starters the secondary needs alot of work.

I know it’s way too early for this but here’s the 2023 season so far:

1-NE Ohio Classic Opponent
2-GlenOak
3-Mansfield
4-
5-St Edward?
6-
7-
8-Austintown Fitch
9-Warren Harding
10-McKinley

Anyone got any ideas who could fill the week 4,6,and 7 spots?

It's not so much us as them. Just physically stronger and faster across the board. I am 100% positive we will be here next year. I know it is trying but keep the faith. All we can do. I know the kids are more resilient and will be back working their e$ off in no time.

That said offensively I hope Slaughter makes a big stride, and it seems we are more effective attacking the middle of the field than deep fades and sideline patterns. HAVE to take advantage of the D1 TE also. Dude has an offer to Pitt already and had like 2 targets all year. That HAS to change! Also need to add some speed at the perimeter and create more room to run, to compliment the power game.

Defensively - no clue how we'll ever be strong enough to match Hoban's size and skill. I guess for starters the secondary needs alot of work.
The key to Hoban is their strength coach, he's one of the best if not the best strength coaches not only in Ohio but the country for high school athletes, their just bigger, faster, stronger than most teams they play, and that's all I'm gonna say on that subject, hint hint wink wink nod nod

The key to Hoban is their strength coach, he's one of the best if not the best strength coaches not only in Ohio but the country for high school athletes, their just bigger, faster, stronger than most teams they play, and that's all I'm gonna say on that subject, hint hint wink wink nod nod
I have been saying for years on yappi and laughed at by most. Weight room. Even the Golf team is elite now

You're saying people laughed at you when you mentioned the importance of a weight room? I don't believe it.

Let's not forget that at one point, someone involved with Hoban thought that steroids were important too.
So 5 years ago some players dad got caught in a sting using steroids. Thanks for reminding us.

There is something to be said about the inconsistency with which our players develop. Our starting LT this year didn’t gain any weight last offseason and was very light. Same can be said for our Center. I know that genetics play a large role but Hoban’s starters at pretty much every position just look different.

I think it’s a combo of multiple things. I’m not going to comment on this season after this post but I wanted to say a few things. Even if they never see this.

I’m ALWAYS PROUD of our kids every year. I know what goes into all of this. The time they sacrifice and the effort they give every year. I couldn’t ask for anymore out of the kids. Some years we have more talent than others but the effort it takes to get to the final four almost every year is quite an accomplishment. Thank you boys for another really good year of Massillon Tiger Football. Seniors, I wish you all the best the rest of the school year and also in your future endeavors.

Coach Moore, thank you for continuing to be the Classy guy you are and for representing this team and town the way you do. You’ve embraced this city and it’s history and what Massillon stands for. Thank you for putting an emphasis on those young mens grades. Their education is going to always take them farther than football ever will in almost all cases. Again thank you for all you do.

Last, well we fell short. It’s not the ending that we all wanted and I mean Massillon folks. Players, Coach’s, parents, fans, and so on. But after getting beat up week 1 I would say winning out the rest of the way until last night was a heckuva run. As I told a young Tiger last night, take this month off and go be a teenage kid for a little bit. Don’t think about football at all. Clear your minds, recover mentally and physically. Go enjoy your friends and families and enjoy the holidays. But Once January comes, turn it on. Get in the weight room and give it all you’ve got. If you have guys not on the same path, be a leader and give them one option, get on the same path or get out. Hold your teammates accountable, all of them. And don’t forget the feeling you had walking out of that stadium last night. Let that fuel the fire for the 2023 season! Go Tigers!

Idk about yall but I have all the confidence in the world in our strength coach Stu. I think Hoban overall is pulling better talent, and it is what it is.
I certainly didn’t mean to insinuate that Stu isn’t good. Just that anytime we play Hoban they never have a kid on the field that looks like he doesn’t belong whereas we have noticeably undersized kids. And this year we had a couple junior linemen that didn’t look like they gained any weight at all which is on them personally because obviously Stu can’t force them to eat and get in extra lifting.

I certainly didn’t mean to insinuate that Stu isn’t good. Just that anytime we play Hoban they never have a kid on the field that looks like he doesn’t belong whereas we have noticeably undersized kids. And this year we had a couple junior linemen that didn’t look like they gained any weight at all which is on them personally because obviously Stu can’t force them to eat and get in extra lifting.
We didn’t lose to Hoban because of underweight lineman.

I know it’s way too early for this but here’s the 2023 season so far:

1-NE Ohio Classic Opponent
2-GlenOak
3-Mansfield
4-
5-St Edward?
6-
7-
8-Austintown Fitch
9-Warren Harding
10-McKinley

Anyone got any ideas who could fill the week 4,6,and 7 spots?
Just join the AAC with Boardman, Fitch and Warren and then weeks 7-10 are set every year.

Great season ! This team is loaded with underclassmen ! Beating St Ed’s and absolutely dominating all of the garbage Stark Co schools they played this season. The goal is to win the title and they didn’t achieve that goal but had a great season and the best thing about Massillon Tiger football is we will be right back here again next season to try and achieve that goal once again.
TIG till I die !!!!
Congratulations on another fine season for the Tigers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good season Tigers! Look forward to taking in a couple more games next season as well! Best Stadium in Ohio!
Yeah I'll be bringing the Painesville crew next year as usual.. 16 underclass starters as well as a bunch of others that saw time it should be fun again!

Status
Not open for further replies.