2022 Mark Zimmer Memorial Classic at DeSales Results

honest question-- are the liberty coaches doing much of anything in the spring and summer to develop their kids? They may very well be but I havent heard of much. I know Beast Mode has a packed room with kids training hard. The beast mode group has people from all over really.. going to a room to get better no matter if that is your competition or not
Just because you dont see what liberty does doesnt mean its not happening (;

I’m sure the answer to your question is both. Development at the Youth and JH levels are certainly part of the equation. Strong programs also tend to attract athletes that want to be part of something great.
It’s good to see Central Ohio on the map and getting attention! It does look like it could be argued that there may be more talent starting to go to the Catholic schools than the traditional Central Ohio powers…

if i have a whole bunch of kids go to miron to train hard then show up to me to start the season-- am i living on a title or development of talent? If my hs kids pass up going to my hs practice to go to miron practice- is that a program or a group of studs forming a line up
honest question-- are the liberty coaches doing much of anything in the spring and summer to develop their kids? They may very well be but I havent heard of much. I know Beast Mode has a packed room with kids training hard. The beast mode group has people from all over really.. going to a room to get better no matter if that is your competition or not
I am sure you probably know this, but Beast Mode kids and Miron kids (and Goats and Pursuit and Palmer, for that matter) are not mutually exclusive.We Re talking about a lot of the same kids - the ones who really want to be the best.

I've never heard a beast mode, palmer, pursuit, goat or disabato kid talk about liberty training. Not once. Ever. But I've heard talk about those 5 groups talk positively about the other places to train. Liberty just has never ever come up. That's why I asked.

I've never heard a beast mode, palmer, pursuit, goat or disabato kid talk about liberty training. Not once. Ever. But I've heard talk about those 5 groups talk positively about the other places to train. Liberty just has never ever come up. That's why I asked.
Maybe you are asking the wrong people? Maybe you are asking the right people but getting vanilla answers. Id assume pursuit has a bunch of liberty kids, liberty also has a very solid football program that pulls guys all summer long.

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Like I said 5 of the 7. I said they lost to 4 teams, not 4 times, reading makes a difference. And I’m good friends with some of Coffman’s coaches, as well as other schools…the problem 99% of the time are the “fans” who come on here commenting with zero clue…
Put the bottle down partner!

your list is still wrong liberty won 16 and 17

but again the statement was about highest state placement originally

nobody is discrediting coffman at all, great group of kids

Braken is still living thru the 2016 and 2017 seasons, man life must be rough for the little guy.

if i have a whole bunch of kids go to miron to train hard then show up to me to start the season-- am i living on a title or development of talent? If my hs kids pass up going to my hs practice to go to miron practice- is that a program or a group of studs forming a line up?

Miron has pretty much tuned into a OL feeder.

Coffman has won 3 district titles in a row. They have a great program. My kid happens to go to Liberty, but he is good friends with many of the Coffman boys. I consider their coaches to be personal friends of mine. I hope they continue to have great success. Same with Watterson and DeSales, and a lot of others. These kids may compete for different schools, but they train together, they're on the same dual teams in the off season, they go to Fargo together, etc.

Central Ohio wrestling is better than ever. Hopefully it continues to grow.
I'm pretty sure Coffman has won 4 district titles in a row. Liberty hasn't even won their OCC league the past three years. Coffman smashed them the last two and Westerville North shocked them as Liberty the year before that.

Like others have said this is the year for Liberty to get back on top, they have a heck of a team. Mark and Zucker do great things at Liberty.

Miron has pretty much tuned into a OL feeder.
Comical. I suppose all those Coffman kids are a byproduct of little rocks training? There are more Miron kids at Coffman than there are at Liberty.

As far as offseason goes, Zuck has the Stallions (folkstyle) which always brings together a lot of talent. The Pursuit guys are ex-Liberty and they’re working hard to grow the offseason experiences at the younger levels. Beast Mode has a great freestyle/Greco club, from many different schools. Miron is the best freestyle coach around, in my opinion, but maybe I am biased.

Also absolutely love what Tommy and Ross do - great guys. Has been mostly youth oriented and folkstyle in the past, but branching out.

If any of you want to have an honest conversation about any of this, and we’re not just slinging mud, I am pretty easy to find.

Edited to include: By the way, high school coaches aren’t really supposed to be directing offseason practices for “their” athletes. Just something to keep in mind.

Edited to include: By the way, high school coaches aren’t really supposed to be directing offseason practices for “their” athletes. Just something to keep in mind.
This is not true - the rule does not specify who may not coach. It in fact specifies that coaches are able to coach in the off season/outside of the interscholastic season.

So who should be directing the off season practices for their kids then?
You are right, I over simplified it. But the rules are designed, as I understand them, to make off season programs school-neutral. Or at the very least, they can’t be mandatory or considered a requirement for a position on the school team. And I know in the team sports there are limits to how many kids from each school can participate on non-school teams.

Braken is still living thru the 2016 and 2017 seasons, man life must be rough for the little guy.

lifes great for this lil guy. I coach what id like to think is the best 1,2 punch in the state and have a kid going for his 3rd. Not to mention all I do for a pretty solid living is coach wrestling. I'd say im past the glory days brother.