2022 EBC

Too bad Carrollton's non league schedule was a little soft this year. They have a lot better team than a possible 15 seed that may have to travel to play Big Red. Marlington and Minerva going winless in the OOC certainly didn't help. They were impressive. Good luck in week 11!

Minerva still has a very long way to go. They did play harder for most of the season but Speakman will need a magic wand to make this team competitive next year. Hopefully his strength and conditioning program takes off and they can start to catch up to their opponents
Good luck to Coach Speakman and the Lions in the future. Keep working and stay the course. Heard they were just getting ready to score at the end of the game last night and the officiating crew called some worthless penalty with about 40 sec remaining. Because of the running clock, by the time they set the ball time ran out. Coach Speakman was not happy, and who could blame him. Scoring on the last play of the season would have been a great way to build for next year.

Good luck to Coach Speakman and the Lions in the future. Keep working and stay the course. Heard they were just getting ready to score at the end of the game last night and the officiating crew called some worthless penalty with about 40 sec remaining. Because of the running clock, by the time they set the ball time ran out. Coach Speakman was not happy, and who could blame him. Scoring on the last play of the season would have been a great way to build for next year.
He is a very good coach, very motivating. If he can't turn it around it may be a lost cause- the guy was on the sidelines coaching Appalachian State when they beat my Wolverines so he had some pedegree.

I did think LIONS were more organized and they played to their limited strengths this season. With that said, they wont be much better next year (almost certain 0-10 agan).... and are realistically 2 or 3 years away from having enough juniors and seniors to be competitive and win. IF they can get to that point in next 2 seasons they could get back to the ups and downs of a normal high school football team. They trailed by 40+ at HALFTIME to each of the top 4 teams in their league this year, and lost to a very bad 1-9 Marlington team by 31. I hope speakman stays and the admin can give him at least 3 more years to get this back to competitive.

I did think LIONS were more organized and they played to their limited strengths this season. With that said, they wont be much better next year (almost certain 0-10 agan).... and are realistically 2 or 3 years away from having enough juniors and seniors to be competitive and win. IF they can get to that point in next 2 seasons they could get back to the ups and downs of a normal high school football team. They trailed by 40+ at HALFTIME to each of the top 4 teams in their league this year, and lost to a very bad 1-9 Marlington team by 31. I hope speakman stays and the admin can give him at least 3 more years to get this back to competitive.
It is definitely A big mountain for Speakman to climb. It very well could be at least 1 more winless year and possibly 2. I don't see them having a chance at a league win until the 8th grade class are juniors. Hopefully some non league wins come before then. 3 wins since 2015 and 2 league win, spreakman will need a couple of years make the team competitive.

No idea who the career NBC-EBC leader is, but this gives some sense of where things stand.

Alden Hill ran for 4745 to be Marlington's career leader.

Duce Johnson ran for 4907 to be Alliance's 2nd leading career rusher. Only E.J. Lilly rushed for more with 5179 career yards, but Alliance was in the Federal League when he played. Lilly may have also held the county single-season rushing mark until Keishaun Sims of Perry shattered it in 2015 when he ran for 3224 (Sims finished with 4810 for his career). Lilly's best single game was 355 yards which I know Duce Johnson surpassed by a healthy margin.

Scott Weber ran for 4891 yards according to the Stark HS icon series the Rep did about 5 or 6 years ago.

I used to have a Minerva game program that listed all of their records, but I must've gotten rid of it. It may not be a career record, and the NBC did not exist yet, but Leon Powell ran for 4307 according to the Icon series. That gives some idea of where Minerva's career rushing leader might stand.

Louisville's career record is 3469 by Bob Gladieux, so there are no Leps from their NBC days with a high amount of career rushing yards.

What about Dover, Springfield, Salem, South, and West Branch?

EDIT: With regards to Stark County leaders, I totally forgot about Erick Howard. He rushed for 6013 yards during his career at Hoover. Bri'onte Dunn rushed for 5479 yards at GlenOak. Imagine if he had stayed in Alliance...
Oehlstrom destroyed all those records!

It is definitely A big mountain for Speakman to climb. It very well could be at least 1 more winless year and possibly 2. I don't see them having a chance at a league win until the 8th grade class are juniors. Hopefully some non league wins come before then. 3 wins since 2015 and 2 league win, spreakman will need a couple of years make the team competitive.
New thread for this topic is now available

Terrible clock management by Cooper at the end there. But what a gutsy performance by Deshields!
West Branch wins 48-38.

They should let him stay until they don't have enough players for a team. It sounds like he's doing good. Also, who would want that job if they fired a good coach when they were going through the worst stretch (numbers-wise) in program history? If the admin/boosters are expecting a playoff win, they need to give him at least 5 years, or a 60 man roster.

Did the Salem coaches seriously not watch west Branch film vs Alliance? Got to expect the onside kick. Changed the game. Disappointed in Salem gutsy effort by the players regroup Quakers week 11 is next

Last edited:
This will be my last Yappi post ever. We had a good run Yappi. You are toxic for me. It is time I follow my dreams. May we meet again in another life. Congrats to the Warriors. To all the chubby chasers I may have offended, I bid you ado.

Congratulations West Branch- and Salem, sounds like another classic game. Good luck to WB, Salem, Alliance and Carrollton I need playoffs.

Chaney is one of the sloppiest teams I've seen play this year, any division, no joke. If Alliance's coaching staff can get their kids to do basic things like protect the football and avoid penalties, they should definitely have the athletes to advance.
9-1 with a 3 point loss to Ursuline- Chaney must be doing something right. Pulling for Alliance but I think it will be a 3 score game.

Chaney is one of the sloppiest teams I've seen play this year, any division, no joke. If Alliance's coaching staff can get their kids to do basic things like protect the football and avoid penalties, they should definitely have the athletes to advance.
Chaney’s offense is very sloppy, but Chaney has better athletes than alliance. Hewlitt will be the most dynamic player on the field and it won’t be close. But if alliance can turn them over and have short fields they can make it a game.

Chaney’s offense is very sloppy, but Chaney has better athletes than alliance. Hewlitt will be the most dynamic player on the field and it won’t be close. But if alliance can turn them over and have short fields they can make it a game.
You’re severely underestimating Alliance’s athletes

9-1 with a 3 point loss to Ursuline- Chaney must be doing something right. Pulling for Alliance but I think it will be a 3 score game.
Did you have the misfortune of watching that game? For example, one player on a punt downed the ball at like the 22 yard line that easily would've rolled inside the 10 yard line and probably the 5 yard line to pin the other team deep. There was an absurd amount of penalties, ugly turnovers, etc. The only team I see on their schedule with similar athleticism is Ursuline. Like I said, it was ugly. This is the part of the season where you can't advance just because you have 5 four-star recruits on your team. I like Alliance.

Alliance fans get there early they only have one set of stands on the home side and none on the away side. Don’t want to get parking on the streets over there

If any version of our team that played the last 9 games, I think we will be fine. We got talented players too. Minus a few questionable calls I like the coaching staff. Only one way to find out how we will do. Best of luck to everyone in the ebc who made the postseason.